Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 03

It looks like in this season it's Soma's turn to paralyze in battle because of head problems. I guess that's balance after a fashion.

The fighting was pretty good but seriously the new Gundams were as overpowering as the old ones in season one. Naturally they need to be, especially individually, to be Gundam, but we surely need some good opposition here unless this season follows the first one and presents anything really exciting only in the last eps.

And Ali... Where are you? You have got some new Gundam ass to kick so stop hiding, man.

So it seems that Soma is Marie permanently stuck in her "Hallelujah" mode. Not a twist I can say I expected, but it might be very interesting to see her have a breakdown like Allelujah always had last season turning him into a bloodthirsty slaughterer. The only difference is that when Soma eventually turns back into Marie, she'll be the exact opposite. I guess her yellow eyes make sense too now.

Lyle does intend to double up or use any and all CB missions to the best use of Kataron, no surprise there.

I don't know how much of Marina "Why can't there be peace?" Ismail I will be able to stand if this is going to last all season. However, I loved Setsuna's line to Saji about how Saji's perfect world was just a selfish ignorance about the real world. I half expected Setsuna to say, "Only where you lived." It seems like they will slowly be converting Saji to the understanding of how the real world works.

This does leave me wondering when or if they will ever be explaining how Louise got her hand back and joined A-LAWS. I know she is barely even a secondary character, but for such an equally huge change as last season, I think we have earned a little explaination sooner than midway through the season.

As for the superior enemy mobile suits, there's always the possibility that Billy, striken with grief over Sumeragi, may end up tuning up a few of the Aheads. I also suspect that Nena, in her super sparkle pilot suit, has an equally improved Throne Gundam hidden away. Once Wang Liu Mei turns on CB (and she definitely will) the Gundams will have something to contest with again.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    thought it was a pretty ho-hum episode (largely because of the Gundams really overpowering everyone. Just Tieria and Neil were able to take on the base's defenses while Setsuna got Al out, and then the speed combo of those two really carved up the battle field.) I have no real love for the Al/Soma and Setsuna/Marina love stories, and the 'Get a discouraged team member (Sumeragi) to get enthused about the cause again by using the 'We have to save our friendn!' speech' is so overused it's almost sad.

Not getting Soma into a mobile suit the second the Gundams were sighted was a terrible mistake. Also, I hate mind breaks, but oh well. I don't think Soma is as unstable as Hal, since Al/Hal seemed to be a failed Super Soldier (because of Hal's psychotic nature) and Soma is the shining example of a good one. She takes orders and remains calm, so long as Sergei or mind rape isn't involved.

I liked that they showed Allelujah huffing and puffing, struggling to get around on foot after being cooped up for so long, but then suddenly he's out-dodging Andrei and HRL soldiers with Storm Trooper aim... Let's try to stay consistent folks... Also, you have got to have better defenses lined up at the base holding the one remaining Gundam pilot...

Best parts of this episode, for me, were Setsuna laying the smack-down on Saji, Neil continuing to be loyal to his Kataron boys, and Ribbons being evil.

They'll explain Louise, I'm sure, once Saji confronts her or something like that. I think it'll be a good chance to showcase how evil Ribbons really is, as he'll likely use her as a pawn.

I think it'll mirror the first season, as far as mech upgrades goes. But I'd really like to see Ali, Graham, or even Soma out there. I don't think we've had a decent pilot go up against the Gundams yet (that Ahead leader so doesn't count, although he's not bad, he's remarkably ineffective).

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    I don't think Soma is as unstable as Hal, since Al/Hal seemed to be a failed Super Soldier (because of Hal's psychotic nature) and Soma is the shining example of a good one. She takes orders and remains calm, so long as Sergei or mind rape isn't involved.
    Now I personally consider the fusion of Allelujah and Hallelujah the complete super soldier. Soma's mind can't keep up with her advanced reflexes and we saw at the end of season one how when working together, Allelujah/Hallelujah can destroy her. At the moment, both of Allelujah's eyes are showing with no indication that Hallelujah exists (which sucks). However, if this means his combat abilities will always be as high as they were in ep 25 of season 1, he is probably the strongest Gundam Meister/pilot in the series. Then again, the voice and bloodthirst we heard from the fused Allelujah/Hallelujah in episode 25 belonged to Hallelujah who had greater combat abilities/reflexes to begin with so there's a chance that Allelujah is unable to use the power that was shown in episode 25. Hallelujah's reflexes + Allelujah's thinking was what they claimed made him perfect. So far season 2 shows signs that Hallelujah is gone so have they merely combined permanently so that Allelujah's mind is stable and his reflexes are just as sharp? Or is Allelujah back to the way he was in the beginning of season one.

I liked that they showed Allelujah huffing and puffing, struggling to get around on foot after being cooped up for so long, but then suddenly he's out-dodging Andrei and HRL soldiers with Storm Trooper aim... Let's try to stay consistent folks... Also, you have got to have better defenses lined up at the base holding the one remaining Gundam pilot...
    Yes but eventually Allelujah had to make it to Arios anyway so I'm just glad they had him cover that distance in as little time as possible and didn't show him doing fancy footwork or anything of that nature.

Best parts of this episode, for me, were Setsuna laying the smack-down on Saji, Neil continuing to be loyal to his Kataron boys, and Ribbons being evil.
    Lyle?

I think it'll mirror the first season, as far as mech upgrades goes. But I'd really like to see Ali, Graham, or even Soma out there. I don't think we've had a decent pilot go up against the Gundams yet (that Ahead leader so doesn't count, although he's not bad, he's remarkably ineffective).
    They're still building up for it. We're still undergoing the gundams-are-completely-overwhelming phase. I assume the Ahead leader will have to be one of the better pilots and they'll develop his story further because for the entire federation to only have 3 competent pilots (this is counting Ali) is pretty sad and will make this series boring. Then again, at some point Libbons might jump into a suit and fight as well.

Oh Sunrise how clever you are. You continue to never kill people but you did it in a very sly way.

Lockon and Lyle
    1. Same VA
    2. Same face
    3. Sniping ability is genetic (lolwut)'
    4. "Haro, did my brother have a catchphrase?" leading to "Lockon Stratos, Cherium, sniping the targets!"
    5. Eeeeverybody <3 Lockon, old or new (except Tieria, no buttsecks from him, subject to change though).

Lyle strikes me as incredibly sketchy, especially due to what was shown in the preview with him and Feldt. That's definitely a recipe for disaster and confusion for Feldt. Lyle himself is an enigma for the most part. He has zero combat experience in a mobile suit yet he downs around 6 ALAWS. WHILE MOBILE. This is not something anyone can do, so I assume Lyle himself is an experienced sharpshooter (I feel like just because he's related to Neil (lockon) doesn't make him a viable replacement. Celestial Being must have other reasons for picking him to be Lockon's replacement.). Furthermore, he is loyal to Kataron and we'll see most likely isn't going to be 100% devoted to Celestial Being which may cause some conflict in the future.
    Last edited by ChaosK; Mon, 10-20-2008 at 12:32 AM.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

yeah, i got confused with Neil and Lyle and whatever whomever. i'm glad you pointed out the "Haro, what does Lockon usually say?" line, because it was such a "let's make the new character just like the old one so that, really, nothing's changed" move... But the differences are still there, and the sketchiness and the potential danger he brings with him is part of what I like about it.

Otherwise the "lol, character dies but no worries he's got twin bro with exact same skills!" move would be getting a lot more flack from me.

and, yeah, I consider the Hal/Al fusion event in last season's final episode to be a one-time thing until we see it again. And like I said before, I really do hope Hal is still around. But I still think Soma's a better soldier, even if she might not be as good of a pilot. Of course, if she happens to run off and join the Three Ship Alliance, then maybe her loyalty and her lower combat abilities will drop her down in my eyes.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    What was interesting was that Sumeragi's plan was based on Lyle's stats. She herself was surprised that they were stated that highly in her data. How come he has such good sniping ability, I don't know. However, Sumeragi seems to know something (rewatch her reaction from 15:00). What makes it strange is how she knows, considering she herself just jumped back on board. She reviewed info that they gave her, yet they didn't know Lyle can snipe while she did.

I'm still waiting for them to show the distinction between Arios and 00. Last season Kyrios was for aerial superiority and speed, but the lines are blurred now with a twin-drive 00 around.

As for Al's performance, he should be back to his normal self. The key about his super soldier fusion was that one mind is not enough to master both heightened sensory input and output. So his body created another one. We saw that for him to fully exploit his enhanced nervous system, both Hal and Al needed to communicate. An ability like that should happen anytime soon now that Hal is gone (temporarily I hope), leaving Al with his firewall.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-20-2008 at 02:32 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosK
    Lyle himself is an enigma for the most part. He has zero combat experience in a mobile suit yet he downs around 6 ALAWS. WHILE MOBILE. This is not something anyone can do, so I assume Lyle himself is an experienced sharpshooter (I feel like just because he's related to Neil (lockon) doesn't make him a viable replacement. Celestial Being must have other reasons for picking him to be Lockon's replacement.). Furthermore, he is loyal to Kataron and we'll see most likely isn't going to be 100% devoted to Celestial Being which may cause some conflict in the future.
    He might have plenty of experience with mobile suits. He just can't reveal that because not everybody has a mobile suit in his garage, and thus having experience would require explanations. Explanations he can't give as long as he wants to keep his Kataron connection a secret. Fortunately he looks and sounds just like his predecessor, so people will just think: It must be genetic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    He might have plenty of experience with mobile suits. He just can't reveal that because not everybody has a mobile suit in his garage, and thus having experience would require explanations. Explanations he can't give as long as he wants to keep his Kataron connection a secret. Fortunately he looks and sounds just like his predecessor, so people will just think: It must be genetic!
    Seems like a logical enough explanation.

Two more things I found rather interesting:

The Federation captured Allelujah, along with Kyrios. Did they get hold of it's GN Drive? Most likely not, as it's not present on the back of Kyrios in the shots I saw, which means Alleljah must have have ejected it. I just found it strange that he could under those conditions.

Secondly, more about character changes over the last 4 years. They've already mentioned that Setsuna's changed, and indeed he has. Right now, he's pulling CB together, and even taking on some form of leadership role now that Niel's dead. Being both the leader and having the strongest Gundam makes him a reliable trump card, so I'll be expecting a good show from him.

Setsuna commented that Tieria hasn't changed a bit. That's true. On the outside that is. I can still remember the tightass Tieria hate from last season, and that's no longer here. Originally a veda-worshipping, by-the-textbook robot, he's learned to interact with people and actually read the situation. The old Tieria would never have said "Hey look Setsuna, here's someone you know in prison.....". And when he showed no response, further prompts "We can do this in three minutes. Should we spend the other two saving someone else?" Now that's being a man. Man as in human.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 10-20-2008 at 03:20 AM.

Woho finally!!! Lost my password and had no idea what it was & too lazy to make a new account (So instead I try to figure it out for like 6 months +... yeah lazy)

Am I the only one that found it weird that they said "Fully expanding GN field" before they entered earths atmosphere then said it again before they plunged into the sea?

Buffalobiian: Have to disagree I don't think she made the plan based on Lockon, besides he only had a minor roll to stay far away and just shot. Like they told him it doesn't matter if he hits or not since i's just a diversion. Which means if you can aim a little and can pull the trigger pretty much anyone could have done that.

Though I think Sumeragi figured out that he's a pretty good sniper. I mean come on he's part of a resistance so doubt that all he knows how to do is be a double agent which is something he couldn't have planned. As far as all the suits he hit while it might be true that he doesn't really have any experience piloting an MS it's possible that Neil and Lyle both went through the same sniping training so it's not really impossible for him to have shot them down since Haro pretty much takes care of everything other than the shooting.

Anyway, I didn't find the Gundams that overpowered. Seravee can just rapid fire more than Virtue could which makes up for for his weakness seeing as Virtue most of the time couldn't do shit after they evaded his first shot. Besides we've seen Virtue stand and take on a lot of incoming firepower before so it's not really anything new with his GN field. Though I am surprised that no one seems to have found a way to counter it in 4 years unless they weren't able to create a GN field of their own. As for the rest they had a surprise going on since it seems they weren't aware that there were 3 Gundams right there. Not to mention there were only 4 left at that time so it wasn't really plow through 20+ mobile suits in less than 2 minutes. Seeing how close they were I doubt that the cannons could have fired out of fear of hitting their own allies. Also they seem to have better teamwork compared to how they were in the first season with everyone fighting by themselves.

And on that note that was probably one of the most crappy traps I've ever seen. Seriously other than lure CB there what where they going to do with limited mobile suits and one battle ship? While CB did take out their MS hanger first it makes somewhat sense but still that trap just sucked seeing as Kataron managed to sneak in as well. They got a 40 million strong organization and that's the best trap they managed to do? At least the one in the first season worked until Throne showed up.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart
    Woho finally!!! Lost my password and had no idea what it was & too lazy to make a new account (So instead I try to figure it out for like 6 months +... yeah lazy)
    Six months' effort to figure out a password yet too lazy to do a "forgotten password" reset?

Buffalobiian: Have to disagree I don't think she made the plan based on Lockon, besides he only had a minor roll to stay far away and just shot. Like they told him it doesn't matter if he hits or not since i's just a diversion. Which means if you can aim a little and can pull the trigger pretty much anyone could have done that.
    The ones who said "You don't have to hit, just shoot some and distract them" were the mechanic and the other crew who read Sumeragi's plan, which probably says "Lockon shoots from point (X,Y) to distance suits from Seravee." They were surprised then, that he can hit targets. Sumeragi, however, just mutters "He was.......". Clearly, that shows she knew of his ability. Furthermore, she was counting on that to make the plan successful. To add to that, we saw her considering his stats when she planned the strategy, then sent in what was a BOLD Blitzkrieg strike plan:

Blitzkrieg (German for "lightning war"listen) is a popular name for an offensive operational-level military doctrine which involves an initial bombardment followed by the employment of motorized mobile forces attacking with speed and surprise to prevent an enemy from implementing a coherent defense. - Courtesy of Wiki

Cherudim plays its role here, preventing the enemy from counter-attacking. Something it couldn't have done from merely spamming ineffective shots. We're not talking about clan troops from Gdm 00 S1 Ep2 here. We're talking about A-LAWS.

Finally, you see our strategist sigh in relief when the plan succeeds. A bold and relatively risky plan indeed. Imagine relying on a noob at a time like this.

Though I think Sumeragi figured out that he's a pretty good sniper. I mean come on he's part of a resistance so doubt that all he knows how to do is be a double agent which is something he couldn't have planned. As far as all the suits he hit while it might be true that he doesn't really have any experience piloting an MS it's possible that Neil and Lyle both went through the same sniping training so it's not really impossible for him to have shot them down since Haro pretty much takes care of everything other than the shooting.
    I agree. Though I don't know how she figured it out, she knew. The modified targeting system on Cherudim was meant to make full use of manual marksmanship anyway.

Besides we've seen Virtue stand and take on a lot of incoming firepower before so it's not really anything new with his GN field. Though I am surprised that no one seems to have found a way to counter it in 4 years unless they weren't able to create a GN field of their own.
    Firstly, they did figure how to counter GN fields in Season 1. It happened right after they got the 30 grey Fake Gundams. Virtue put up a GN field, but the shots went through. Tieria comments that they figured out his compression ratio. From what I gather, GN particles are like light particles, which in turn has both wave and particle properties. That means it's subject to interference, both by other electromagnetic ones (GN fields) or physical ones (eg, water, like what happened this episode). So pretty much Seravee just jacked up it's particle compression so high that you'll need a crapload of firepower to break.
    Secondly, they did figure how to make a GN field. Check out the golden crab thing from episode 25.

Quote Originally Posted by frieheart
    As for the rest they had a surprise going on since it seems they weren't aware that there were 3 Gundams right there. Not to mention there were only 4 left at that time so it wasn't really plow through 20+ mobile suits in less than 2 minutes. Seeing how close they were I doubt that the cannons could have fired out of fear of hitting their own allies. Also they seem to have better teamwork compared to how they were in the first season with everyone fighting by themselves.

And on that note that was probably one of the most crappy traps I've ever seen. Seriously other than lure CB there what where they going to do with limited mobile suits and one battle ship? While CB did take out their MS hanger first it makes somewhat sense but still that trap just sucked seeing as Kataron managed to sneak in as well. They got a 40 million strong organization and that's the best trap they managed to do? At least the one in the first season worked until Throne showed up.
    Yep. All part of Blitzkrieg. An organised, lightning fast surprise attack on underprepared enemies. Why were they underprepared? Well for one they probably intended to leak info out after Wang Liu Mei did. It's not like they were that unprepared though. Those A-LAWS were mobilised straight off the bat. I do agree that they've once again underestimated Celestial Being though.

i do agree with fireheart that it was a pretty awful set-up by the Federation. They probably weren't counting on them getting there when they did, but, still, one battle ship and its contingent going up against the Gundams is still underestimating them.

They didn't even have their best pilot (Soma) in a mobile suit, even though she's the only one there with past experience (and success) fighting the Gundams...

Of course, part of their ineffectiveness was because of the tsunami strategy that Sumeragi implemented. Those ground troops got waxed pretty badly. Also, the fact that they knew the Seravee would be among the Gundams, but had nothing to counter against it, when the damn thing was standing still, was pretty unacceptable. Sure, they were disrupted by Lyle sniping at them, but, still, the goddamn Seravee was just sitting there...

i do agree with fireheart that it was a pretty awful set-up by the Federation. They probably weren't counting on them getting there when they did, but, still, one battle ship and its contingent going up against the Gundams is still underestimating them.
    Yeah, blame powerups for that.

Quote Originally Posted by masa
    They didn't even have their best pilot (Soma) in a mobile suit, even though she's the only one there with past experience (and success) fighting the Gundams...
    Guess she wanted to personally see E-57 before they fight.

Quote Originally Posted by masa
    Of course, part of their ineffectiveness was because of the tsunami strategy that Sumeragi implemented. Those ground troops got waxed pretty badly. (Initial bombardment of Blitzkrieg tactics - shock and disorient enemy defences. Heck they fired that laser straight after detection)Also, the fact that they knew the Seravee would be among the Gundams, but had nothing to counter against it, when the damn thing was standing still, was pretty unacceptable. Sure, they were disrupted by Lyle sniping at them, but, still, the goddamn Seravee was just sitting there...(That's the second part: lightning fast, co-ordinated assault. Whatever was the cause (water or big GN gun interference), they weakened enemy particle weapons for 300s, making Seravee's GN field even more effective. CB was fighting against time. Take too long, and the enemy will mount the coherent defence they took out. The risk of Blitzkrieg

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Six months' effort to figure out a password yet too lazy to do a "forgotten password" reset?
    Buffalobiian: *cough*Icouldn'tfindit*cough* but figured it out at the end so yeah... just need to make sure I don't forget it again.

The ones who said "You don't have to hit, just shoot some and distract them" were the mechanic and the other crew who read Sumeragi's plan, which probably says "Lockon shoots from point (X,Y) to distance suits from Seravee." They were surprised then, that he can hit targets. Sumeragi, however, just mutters "He was.......". Clearly, that shows she knew of his ability. Furthermore, she was counting on that to make the plan successful. To add to that, we saw her considering his stats when she planned the strategy, then sent in what was a BOLD Blitzkrieg strike plan:

Blitzkrieg (German for "lightning war"listen) is a popular name for an offensive operational-level military doctrine which involves an initial bombardment followed by the employment of motorized mobile forces attacking with speed and surprise to prevent an enemy from implementing a coherent defense. - Courtesy of Wiki

Cherudim plays its role here, preventing the enemy from counter-attacking. Something it couldn't have done from merely spamming ineffective shots. We're not talking about clan troops from Gdm 00 S1 Ep2 here. We're talking about A-LAWS.

Finally, you see our strategist sigh in relief when the plan succeeds. A bold and relatively risky plan indeed. Imagine relying on a noob at a time like this.
    Well I think it works in more ways than that just like they were surprised because of Arios joining the fray they had no information on any Gundams other than 00 and Seravee. Which means just the fact that another Gundam start shooting at them is a pretty big surprise even if it's logical that there should be more than 2 Gundams. That in itself will cause a certain amount of panic and confusion. But yeah like you said I also think Sumeragi expected Lyle to be able to hit.

Firstly, they did figure how to counter GN fields in Season 1. It happened right after they got the 30 grey Fake Gundams. Virtue put up a GN field, but the shots went through. Tieria comments that they figured out his compression ratio. From what I gather, GN particles are like light particles, which in turn has both wave and particle properties. That means it's subject to interference, both by other electromagnetic ones (GN fields) or physical ones (eg, water, like what happened this episode). So pretty much Seravee just jacked up it's particle compression so high that you'll need a crapload of firepower to break.
    Secondly, they did figure how to make a GN field. Check out the golden crab thing from episode 25.
    Ohh must have forgotten about it, haven't watched the first season since it aired. By the golden crab you mean the one that Setsuna fought in the end right? If it is does that really count as he was part of CB anyway, mean more A-LAWS and the rest since they didn't seem to have anything of that kind.

Yep. All part of Blitzkrieg. An organised, lightning fast surprise attack on underprepared enemies. Why were they underprepared? Well for one they probably intended to leak info out after Wang Liu Mei did. It's not like they were that unprepared though. Those A-LAWS were mobilised straight off the bat. I do agree that they've once again underestimated Celestial Being though.
    Well from what I could tell they were the ones to leak the information, but could be wrong. Also think they only expected the Gundams to show up and not their spaceship to come crashing down. Either way it was a poor excuse of a trap seeing as A-LAWS only had 6 suits available when they launched them. Which in my opinion also goes to show that the Gundams weren't overpowered since they were only up against 6 suits if you count out those they took out before Setsuna went into the facility.

ChaosK: Had to go and watch the episode again just to make before I said this. A-LAWS launched a total of 6 suits that's it. If Lyle had shot down at least 6 there wouldn't have been any left when Arios took of. Tieria shot down one, Lyle sniped the head on one and the leg of another. Which if you then check later when they leave the place one of them is still missing a leg.

Masa: Well I kinda accept that it was just standing there since it has the GN field also seeing as Seravee can do a kind of beam spam now coupled with Lyles sniping whether he misses on purpose or not makes things a lot harder. And yeah there were only 6 of them at the start and 4 after he started sniping so it's ok in my opinion.

On other stupid stuff the federation did. Why the hell didn't Andrei or anyone just run up and stand between Al and Arios? There's a frikken Gundam standing in the hallway waiting for it's pilot and everyone just stands far away from it trying to shot Al... Granted they had no way of knowing there weren't a pilot in the Gundam but it wasn't moving or trying to protect Al which is a good sign no one is in there.

Also wonder what's going to happen since Al for one noticed that there were others breaking the prisoners free and I doubt Setsuna didn't notice that there were others doing the same thing as him. It won't be hard to figure out that it was Kataron and since they already know that Lyle is a part of Kataron I doubt they'll just assume it was a coincidence that they staged their breakout at the exact same time as them. Are they just going to accept that he's using them or are they gonna confront him about it and maybe start up an alliance with Kataron. Lyle is hardly subtle about the fact that he's a double agent no matter how he acts it shows pretty clearly in the operation just now.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Guess she wanted to personally see E-57 before they fight.
    actually, this all falls on Katie Mannequin. The moment CB shows up she gets on the horn and commands Soma to "go secure E-57". Why you send a tiny little woman and four lightly armed escorts to secure what's very likely the objective of your opponents is beyond me. (especially when said little woman is your best asset fighting giant robots outside)

i agree with your points about the Blitzkreig strategy and why it worked. But I'm still sitting here scratching my head over the fact that they knew they were going to be attacked, that the attack's goal would be to simply rescue Allelujah and leave (the place has very little strategical importance, nor does it pose a threat), and that the Gundams have always attacked with very quick strikes.

All they had was the prison defenses, a bunch of A-LAWs (which are going to get pwned because even the Ahead A-LAWs lose to Gundams), a battle ship, and a few old ass ground models that couldn't do shit 4 years ago. I'm not saying that, aside from not having Soma sortie, that the strategy was bad. I'm just saying they weren't prepared, especially not hardware wise.

You can set a trap for a tiger, but if when it steps into it all it's going to do is give him a little scratch, you don't call that a good trap.

also, yeah, fire, good call on nobody trying to get in-between Al and his Gundam. Heads up, on the ground soldiery seems to be pretty absent from A-LAWs training (as is target practice, apparently)

All they had were a few old ass ground models that couldn't do shit 4 years ago.
    Yeah, what's with that? The only explanation I can think of is the Federation's policy that nations had to surrender all military powers upon joining, and leave all armed operations to Anonymous Security (Black Knights?). Still, you'd think they can develop something in 4 years aside form the not-so-elite, and seemingly rare A-LAWS.

What's funny was just before the raid, Ribbons was talking with some officials about joining forces to make an, what was it, army of 40 million?

Where were they when you needed them?

I hate the VA that does Sergei's son's voice who also did Sai in Seed (though his Lloyd voice isn't that bad). He sounds like he's in perma-nasal congestion mode.

Regarding Lyle's abnormally high sharpshooting ability, Lockon's history most likely has something that honed his sniping abilities such as participation in shooting since a very young age. Something like this would also apply to Lyle as they grew up together and if Lockon say was a teenage sniping champ, Lyle was most likely right next to him, Celestial Being has this information, but obviously not everybody is aware of it. Most likely there is documentation of Lyle being an excellent sniper as well because like I said, I don't feel like being related to Lockon is a good enough reason alone to warrant his recruitment into Celestial Being.

I don't really think Sumeragi knew the full extent of Lyle's abilities, more than likely he ran battle simulations (we see Tieria instructing him while he's in Cherium in the beginnign of the episode) and had very high performance results which is what Sumeragi saw and found noteworthy. It is foolish to assume that they sent Lyle out there without any practice using a mobile suit and he was able to do what he was during that battle (although you could argue that Haro did most of it, I still say he practiced it beforehand). This also makes sense because not everybody would have seen Lyle's combat data and thus could not have expected him to be able to hit targets the way he did.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Genin
    This episode just felt good, compared to the first two for me.

I thought Allelujah would get shot during the last scene when he tried to get to on Arios or before that. The officer had poor shooting skills >_<.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.