24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yea

4 16.67%
  • Nah

18 75.00%
  • I wear a costume everyday!

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to wear a Halloween costume this year?

Are you going to wear a Halloween costume this year?

So, is anyone getting dressed up this coming Halloween? I know, its a bit silly, but its still pretty fun! I'm thinking of going as Tousen.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It kinda sucks. I've never done anything for Halloween. There goes my childhood

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I don't even get to celebrate Halloween.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

You can still ask for candy

I totally am. Yessss.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Since I'm on a military base, for Halloween I want to dress up as a Viet Cong with the cone hat and an AK-47, but that will probably get me shot or beat up. Some people just can't take a joke.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

No, I haven't done anything for Halloween for about 8 years now.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I've spent the past week planning my Buckethead costume for this year.

I haven't found anything yet, but I know what I need.
    Mask
    3 or 4 KFC buckets
    Cargo Pants
    Black Jacket
    Long, curly wig

And optionally a prop guitar. Perhaps the white Les Paul Guitar Hero controller.

If I'm successful with this, I'll post pictures and whatnot. Good luck with Tousen, rockmanj. That's pretty badass.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Yea, something tells me I should have gotten a black kimono when I was in Tokyo two weeks ago...its going to be hard to find that....and the orange thing that he wears.

I like how certain people on this forum assume everyone on here is from America, celebrates American holidays or is always up to date with American brands/stores.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I'm not sure if it's the same down in Melbourne Raven, but Halloween isn't really a special day in Brisbane. All there is is probably a few themed TV shows. Namely The Simpsons and Futurama.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I like how certain people on this forum assume everyone on here is from America, celebrates American holidays or is always up to date with American brands/stores.
    Actually rockmanj is Korean.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I know, hence the "celebrates American holidays" remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I'm not sure if it's the same down in Melbourne Raven, but Halloween isn't really a special day in Brisbane. All there is is probably a few themed TV shows. Namely The Simpsons and Futurama.
    Nah, nobody even mentions it here. I usually remember to have a look for anyone who might be out and about, though. Never had anyone knock on my door, personally.

actually, don't most religions/nations have a 'dress-up' holyday of some sort?
    I know that mexico has one, and so do we.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    actually, don't most religions/nations have a 'dress-up' holyday of some sort?
    I know that mexico has one, and so do we.
    I can't think of an Aussie holiday like that...

Crocodile Dundee Appreciation Day?

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Crocodile Dundee Appreciation Day?
    Man, I should be ashamed. I can't even remember when that guy died. But they haven't made a public holiday out of him yet.

Anything remotely dress-up would be ANZAC Day, but that hardly counts.

Do you guys do anything else besides Trick or Treat on Halloween? Like a family dinner or something? Or is it all door knocking people, threatening people to surrender their candy or you do burnouts on their lawn?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Do you guys do anything else besides Trick or Treat on Halloween? Like a family dinner or something? Or is it all door knocking people, threatening people to surrender their candy or you do burnouts on their lawn?
    People our age (with a social life) will go to parties. It's not really a family holiday.

I like how there's always a reply like this in holiday threads. Assassin did this with the Independence Day thread. Dudes, if the thread does not apply to you, then don't post in it .

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Actually, I think its fairly big here in Korea...like lots of people like to dress up...not so much the candy collection though. Honestly though, most of the dressing up occurs at parties for adults...

And I'm quite aware its an international forum.. (FYI, halloween started in Ireland or something like that).
    Last edited by rockmanj; Mon, 10-20-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Man, I should be ashamed. I can't even remember when that guy died. but they haven't made a public holiday out of him yet.
    Heh, wtf? He's still alive AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I like how there's always a reply like this in holiday threads. Assassin did this with the Independence Day thread. Dudes, if the thread does not apply to you, then don't post in it .
    I know, I know, just poking to see who would react.