Thread: Help Remembering an Anime. Please HELP!

Help Remembering an Anime. Please HELP!

Okay im trying to remember an anime I used to watch like 3 or 4 years ago. I think it was on scifi anime or something like that.

The story I remember so far was about a man who was experimented and made into an android or robot (something of that nature). They let him go and watch him closely. I remember one scene where thugs were about to mug him then he suddenly kills all of them.

I believe the animation was a bit close to Ergo Proxy.

I'm really trying to remember because I have watched a lot of anime and always finished it. And I need to finish this one!!! Help would be appreciated, my fellow gotwooters.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Was the anime from 3 or 4 years ago? Or is that simply when you were watching it?
    At the moment it doesn't ring any bells to me.

Maybe Gungrave?

Got any other details?
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 10-18-2008 at 08:13 PM.

Lol I remember you helping me find Gungrave anime a long time ago, when I was a nub but no its not it. Gungrave was bad ass though.

Well its set in the near future, it was a bit similar to ergo proxy with robots and such.

Edit: I don't know if the anime was 3 or 4 years old. YOU MUST USE YOUR ANIME KNOWLEDGE!!! THE ONE THEY CALLED BUDWEINEKEN!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

There's Solty Rei.

Man so so close, but no its not it (sorry for the hard work). Is there a website that I could use that has like a recommendation thingy, that's like close to that series. (Sorry its hard for me to explain things).

Edit: I just remembered that the guy had an accident and got hurt. So these scientists made him into an android and he start freaking out. One of the scientists was a blond haired woman. So they let him go but at the same time they are watching him.
    Last edited by Paulyboy; Sun, 10-19-2008 at 12:29 AM.
    -Mazer Rackham

I'm just using anidb.net...

Maybe Android Kikaider

I was thinking it might be Project Arms, but they only worked on his arm, and didn't make him an android.

Wow, Project ARMS... I don't know how I didn't consider that. That 3 year thing through me off. But yeah, Project ARMS seems like a good choice... given that I was probably the guy that introduced that series to many here.

Lol Project Arms was a good anime but no its not it. The art style is way different from Android Kikaider. The art style of the anime I am looking for is similar to Project Arms though. Its not a superhero anime, its actually like a android anime but a bit serious tone to it. Like a physiological thriller to it. Its a guy who's freaking out because he just got turned into an android, so he is mad and confused.

Edit: Yeah im gonna also look on anidb.net
    -Mazer Rackham

OK, I got one for you... Texhnolyze?

I looked for anime that aired on the Sci Fi Channel on wikipedia and found this list, perhaps it's one of those series?

OMFG! You are an anime god Budweinken, THANK YOU! Fuck now I can finish watching it lol. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope its good.

Edit: Thank you for taking your time to help me find it. Really appreciate it.
    -Mazer Rackham