Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michiko e Hatchin

Just a heads up but having never seen this show, I decided to start grabbing the thora 1080p releases for this show. I think they have 2 episodes released for those who are interested.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    [BSS] Michiko to Hatchin - 21 torrent mkv
    [BSS] Michiko to Hatchin - 22 (Final) mkv

-
    well all the episodes are out.

I'm downloading the last two now, I'll definitely watch them as soon as they're done.

-
    Just finished both.

Episode 21 could possibly be the best episode of the series. I didn't like all of the cops chasing michiko parts (though her riding on her giant bike thing was pretty awesome in this ep), where they shoot the dude, and then the stand off at the end. But the parts with Satoshi were so good. awman, his death scene was like.. wow.

actually, was ep 20 the one where he had the shoot out at the hotel? because I think that might have been my favorite episode. though it'd be close between these two.

I just really loved the entire atmosphere going through the whole thing. every scene seemed to really put off an awesome feel, and I absolutely loved it. The music definitely helped with that. this episode had such great music.

that was episode 21. as for episode 22, the first half was just kind of the same oh no there's cops but it doesn't matter because she'll just bust through and it'll be okay type of scene that we've had too much of in the series already.

it felt rushed when they went basically straight from running from the cops, to meeting Hiroshi, to saying good-bye, to getting on a plan. that all seemed too rushed from the build up we had for it. I mean, they've only chased after this guy through all of Brazil, and it only took 22 eps until they found him. and then it was over in a minute.

but after that, showing Hatchin's life, I really enjoyed that. I really didn't like the episode until it got to that, and I thought that was pretty good. I thought her after-story and continued life was super interesting, and then her eventual reuniting with Michiko was great.

all and all, this was one great series.

-
    I gave it an 8/10.

I really enjoyed this anime. I loved the over-all atmosphere of the episodes, the geographical setting, the cities, the backgrounds and people, the heavy gang related story-line.

But, I think the one thing that sticks out, is the music through out the entire thing. I look back at episodes, and as I recall them, the first thing I remember are the scenes where the music kicked in, and it just added so much to make the episode great. The music for the series was fantastic, and it really made the show what it is.

I'd definitely recommend this series to anyone who might be interested.
    Last edited by Pandadice; Mon, 03-23-2009 at 04:00 AM.

user posted image

woowowowow! I think I watched this all in one sitting, it was so amazing. I loved all of the characters, how headstrong they were, how they would stop at nothing to achieve what they wanted. Their histories and motivations were all super interesting, and I don't think I blinked for like 10 hours.

The beginning of this anime is super amazing, we see Hana in a horrid household, almost like a twisted Cinderella story, surviving hell with a quiet fierceness. Mitchiko is just all out hot and super confident and amazing, kicking anyone's ass who stands in her way. And we have 'Jumbo', who I can't help but feel for, due to her connections with Mitchiko from the past. That doesn't stop her though, it's amazing to see everyone clash with each other as well as conflict with themselves about it. As to why they went to hell and back to find Moreno (who at one point it's obvious he's just running away from them) I'll never understand, how it all developed is sad yet amazing at the same time. I found myself simultaneously touched and awed by the instances of altruism from people you'd least expect.

And then there's just moments of pure beauty, like the episode where Hana gets stalked by that amnesiac. I thought she would have went to go see him again. She should have!

I LOVED the character and costume designs. I could definitely feel a bit of Samurai Champloo in it, which makes me happy because I was depressed that there was no season two of that. In every episode there was something new to see. I even loved the blatant surrealism, I think it blended wonderfully with the series. I was so drawn into everyone's emotions and desires. It's obvious how deeply the characters feel in this show, and I get drawn into it and feel for them too. GREAT freaking anime.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel