Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 80

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    lol. I just remembered I said the answer(or so I think) 9 episodes back.

http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread...0&postcount=18

Yeah, this king stuff has gone on for long enough.
    Apparently I wasn't kidding, and it seems like a lot of people still aren't sure
    Hakke Rokujūyon Shō!

Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Go read chapters 317and 318 again.
    Thanks, I went back and re-read those chapters, and Abdula also informed me via PM. I can't believe I forgot about that, but of what all I've read of the manga, I skimmed through, so some small things I've forgotten about.

Anyways, as to the discussion about the king: With all the hints given to us through the anime and other Gotwoot users, I think it's pretty easy to determine at least a close enough prediction as to who the "true king(s)" is(are). I mean, we already know it isn't the Hokage, or the, what was it, Feudal Lord (of the Fire Country)? That only leaves a few possibilities. But, like everyone else, it'd be safer not to say it exactly, as with our luck, the anime will screw it up.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Blog Entries
    What's with all the discussion on who the "king" is? This is a shonnen anime people, it's going to turn out to be some shit like " the future" or "the children" or "love and happiness".

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    You know, after reading that...I don't think it's an improvement. I really don't think him not smoking really lessens the impact much, and the manga was missing the awesome imagery of the cigarette slowly burning down between flashbacks.
    Are you kidding me? Even in the anime you could feel that the whole scene was building up to that moment. Besides no matter how the lack of that scene fucked up that episode, it will most definitely fuck up the rest of this arc even more.

I'm seriously loosing interest in the naruto anime, maybe i'll just read the manga from now on if this shit keeps up while i pray that they get some decent anime directors who know how to properly deal with the show

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Are you kidding me? Even in the anime you could feel that the whole scene was building up to that moment. Besides no matter how the lack of that scene fucked up that episode, it will most definitely fuck up the rest of this arc even more.
    Well, if its like a momento, it seems they are replacing the pack of cigarettes with the lighter. Which honestly makes more sense as a keepsake.

Unless your implying that Shikamaru developes some kind of smoking-based jutsu. Which would be retarded.

Although...Asuma did blow a cloud of ash at a guy...

Blog Entries
    Lol even if he did i wouldn't imply it.

But there is a way to spin things that has occurred to me that won't hurt the outcome of the arc... much.

I also wanted shikamaru to smoke the cigar because he looks so badass doing it in the manga lol.

Shikamaru is supposed to be a genius and wittier than anybody else in Konoha. Seriously, starting to smoke, that is, starting to destroy his own health voluntarily, would seem like the last thing he would do. Unless there's some deficiency in his brain and only nicotine would alleviate the symptoms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    I also wanted shikamaru to smoke the cigar because he looks so badass doing it in the manga lol.
    typical view of an impressionable little child

Quote Originally Posted by redcat
    typical view of an impressionable little child
    Typical view of an intellectual simpleton.

Typical arguing of forum trolls.
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

Cigar? lol.

It's all about symbolism. Shikamaru remembers Asuma from his smoking habits. That's how he pays homage to him.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07