Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 02

I think Setsuna sees OO as the reincarnation of his god O. A gundam is basically just a chassis for a Solar Furnace and as we now know each Solar Furnace is apparently somewhat unique. Because OO has the solar furnaces of the two things that have made Setsuna feel like there was a reason to continue live I can see how he'd be all obsessive about it, still, the whole activation process smelled a little to much like Shounen Heart > Technology for my tastes but hopefully the mechanic was right and there was just a time lag before stabilization.

As to Kataron, I don't see why they need to 'steal' info from CB in order to produce a franken Gundam. It would be more beneficial to just say hey CB can you help us whip up some Franken Gundams so we can not all die? I figure the more Gundams going up against A-LAWS the better, since they have both a numerical advantage and smaller performance gap than what existed between the suits of the first season.

And I concur, Wang Liu Mei needs to get shot in the joints and left to die in space for being such a duplicitious bitch. God only knows what she's got crazy loli Nena up to.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    so nobody noticed that the commander of A-LAWS has the same last name as Billy? It's Katagiri. or did gg-BSS just muck up? or am i hearing things?

family relations are like a theme in anime this week...

i lol'd at Mannequin, Soma and Graham all being at the same little lunch hall. Good lord, way to put all your eggs in one basket. At least have someone on standby in a mech. Don't they know who they're dealing with? Soma is pretty smoking, but I do think the OP is pretty strong in hinting she's going to go away from Sergei and toward Allelujah (which makes me think that Hal won't be around any more, or will be easily wrapped up, and that makes me sad)

The 00's awakening was actually pretty well done, although a change in the pilot making mech sync rates go up was just so... Evangelion... They tried to keep it at a hardware compatibility level, but it still felt a little "oh hell, not this Naruto-esque if i try harder i'll be able to lift mountains crap"

Setsuna has got to stop going up to people and saying, "I'm in Celestial Being, and so is she." Billy got so burned. Maybe he'll stop being such a love-sick twat and do something useful now that he's out of reach of his alcoholic's whip.

I like Neil still working for Kataron while openly seeming to join CB. His character is a bit too much like the original Lockon's for me, but the differences are there, and I suppose I should be happy they just didn't pull a Landfill 2.0

Wang Liu Mei is Ribbons, just minus the robot androgynous thing and plus a real deep aversion to boredom. Probably with less of a concrete plan than he has... What a bitch. But I totally never suspected her of going to the bad side early on in season 1.

As postulated, Ribbons and his androgynous harem (gimme that yaoi/futa/whatever it's gonna be!) have a mind link. But only Ribbons has Level 7. I'm guessing he can share whatever he wants whenever he wants with others, but people down at the lower levels (i'm looking at you Stellar, I mean, Louise) are just basically feeding him info. Loved his pissed off face when he saw the Gundam 00 activate.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

so nobody noticed that the commander of A-LAWS has the same last name as Billy? It's Katagiri. or did gg-BSS just muck up? or am i hearing things?
    That's Homer Katagiri. I've read somewhere that he's Billy's uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    The 00's awakening was actually pretty well done, although a change in the pilot making mech sync rates go up was just so... Evangelion... They tried to keep it at a hardware compatibility level, but it still felt a little "oh hell, not this Naruto-esque if i try harder i'll be able to lift mountains crap"
    I didn't get this feeling at all. I think it was just technology, but unlike the others, Setsuna actually believes in that technology like it was a god, and thus he pushed the machine a bit further beyond the point where others had already lost hope, thus overcoming the lag the testing phase hadn't revealed. Basically it never visited Setsuna's mind that the gundam might not work and thus it looked like his willpower alone made it work.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    To add to that, they also never tried Trans-Am, since they always had a another option available before trying something potentially dangerous.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

finished ep3
    another kick ass episode with lots of action.
    can start to see the difference between the old lock on and the new lock on.

Leave your impressions of the next episode to the next episode thread. This is episode 2 thread and should contain nothing about the third ep, aside from discussing the preview at the end of the episode 2 if necessary.