Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Kannagi

Missing Nin
    Apparently 13 is the last episode who knew. Anyway its really late but here is 12.

Ep 12
    AVI
    http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/%5BAya...5D.avi.torrent
    MKV
    http://a.scarywater.net/ayako/%5BAya...5D.mkv.torrent

Wow way to completely ruin my mood...this episode sucks because absolutely no good things happened

Couldn't agree with Yuki more. Plus I absolutely hate main characters who don't do anything to sort out problems but just laze around and live on seemingly as if nothing happened yet even a blind man would see they are agonized by guilt and depression because of their inactivity, possibly endangering someone (they even care about).

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Couldn't agree with Yuki more. Plus I absolutely hate main characters who don't do anything to sort out problems but just laze around and live on seemingly as if nothing happened yet even a blind man would see they are agonized by guilt and depression because of their inactivity, possibly endangering someone (they even care about).
    This is the key as to why they do nothing, at least it's how it works in the real world. First overcome depression, then start slowly solving your issues.

Jin only decided to try and understand who Nagi is, and strangely enough it turned out like that.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Indeed, but I'm not watching anime for absolute realism. If I wanted that, I would look out of my window. That's why I said I hate main characters like that - I want them to do better than many people would likely do in the real world. Besides, I haven't got the bloodiest idea why Jin is so fixated on whether Nagi is a god or not. It looked at some point like he was happy enough with her, despite all her antics and the difficult personality, but then he began to ponder whether she's really a god or not... Who the hell gives a shit? He could think about it, but it certainly shouldn't change anything or make him drive her out of the house.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Indeed, but I'm not watching anime for absolute realism. If I wanted that, I would look out of my window. That's why I said I hate main characters like that - I want them to do better than many people would likely do in the real world. Besides, I haven't got the bloodiest idea why Jin is so fixated on whether Nagi is a god or not. It looked at some point like he was happy enough with her, despite all her antics and the difficult personality, but then he began to ponder whether she's really a god or not... Who the hell gives a shit? He could think about it, but it certainly shouldn't change anything or make him drive her out of the house.
    Again for some reason they choose the "reality route" where people are never satisfied with what they have and can loose happiness and everything for the sake of searching for an answer.

In Jin's case, things are a little different though, at first he was only annoyed and got over it, even thinking his life was nice with Nagi around.
    The turn was when he remarked his body gets wonded worser and worser and he started to fear for himself. Maybe he doesn't want to end like the kittens. Even if he doesn't think like that, he still wants to understand clearly what/who Nagi is, so that he doesn't end up loosing his life, sanity, lifeforce or whatever.
    Zange-chan kung-fu ultra-violent moves is also part of the questionning, as she can be very different from the very nice little idol she shows most of the time.
    Nagi also has different faces.
    Jin needs to know what may come next, so that he can prepare or just put distance beetween himself and Nagi, which already happens.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    didn't you watch episode 11 Kraco?

@ 9:40-12:40 Jin brings up some good points...

and they make perfect sense in my opinion... He isn't really fixated about finding out whether she's a real god or not, he only wants to know what is happening and why he has to suffer so much... and I think it'd be only fair if someone tells him what's going on if you consider what has happened to him and what everyone in school thinks about him now. To sum it up, his daily life is fucked up at the moment.

actually the whole Episode answers all your question... even *why* he wants to know if Nagi is a god or not, it's mostly because of Zange's Father .... he is the one who sets jin's mind on all that.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 12-27-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Decent episode, although it does explains some missing points.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

It was a good episode and a good ending.

Well until the roommate barged in on "the scene" and you know the rest.

Jin finally realized why he never thought about Nagi and that allowed him and her to work out their problems.

Poor Tsugumi

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    awwww, is it over now?

hmmm I liked the serious episodes a bit more than the slice of life episodes...

there was a time when I thought Nagi+Jin are going to hunt down impurities and encounter evil monsters and such.. that didn't ever happen though ^^

I certainly thought there would be more impurity hunting than relationship issues.

A decent last episode. Tsugumi saved both of those two fools but the price seemed to be high as well.

In any case I'm glad Nagi is back at Jin's house. I suppose the remedy to the problem was the only one possible and thus not overly exciting but it was executed rather well. And I didn't mind the funny parts at the end. A good series all in all.

Finally got around to watching the final two episodes.

I really liked the side story from the Obaa-san, Shige. It was pretty moving. My heart sunk as soon as I realized why Nagi was wearing black. It all came from that one line about how Shige could finally tell Jin more, all in one flash. I had thought that the family had just lent Nagi some decades old clothes.

This was easily one of the best shows this season. The serious parts were handled very well, and the comedy was consistently funny. Timing was more important than cheap laughs like most shows.

I hope this role adds a lot more appearances to Haruka Tomatsu's (Nagi) career. I liked her in Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, but this show really shows her range.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    just finished watching this.

what a great anime, done so well! an awesome and entertaining watch.

around episode 10 and 11, my opinion of it dropped, because it took such a dramatic turn in stead of being a great comedy. But man, did they pull it together in episode 12! what a great ending.

user posted image

In case somebody else also got tired of waiting for Ayako to sub this:

Episode 14 (DVD extra) - CommieSubs

- - - - - -

It's a pretty decent dvd extra episode, even if the plot was 100% recycled (which probably was also 100% on purpose, to act as a parody). It was a nice contrast between everybody moved to tears when reading the script and then seeing the absolutely horrible reality when they were filming it. They would have made quite a splended film if they had filmed the operation to return the DVD instead...

Fanservice was there but somewhat subdued - as expected, of course. It was nice, nevertheless, and to the point.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    ahah, what an awesome ova. definitely worth watching. watching them make the film reminded me of the film they make in Haruhi.

man, that videogame part was just too good. i laughed so hard.

user posted image

Blog Entries
    So i just finished this up

I'm slightly disappointed on how it all turned out, it felt like it was going on another direction at first with the exorcism and the Godhood popping out of nowhere at irregular intervals... yeah the humor was fine and the fanservice was fun but I've watched enough of these ecchi harems and was hoping for something with a little more substance this time around. The ending also felt shallow, I'm sure manga fans were delighted with an open conclusion that left room for a possible second season but i was just left with the feeling that nothing was concluded or resolved even after 14 whole episodes.

One thing i felt was hilarious was how Zange's breasts were considered huge within their setting... i think they'd be AAs in most other ecchi harems these days.