Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kannagi

For some reasons, I like to watch the opening theme. LOL.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

I'm right there with you kenren. At first I thought I didn't like it but every time the episodes start I seem to get drawn in and watch the whole thing.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    yap, same here... I even go so far that I watch it ~2 times a day even when I'm not watching the episode itself, because I like the animation so much. And I can't deny that Nagi is a really cute character :/ I like that dance somehow ^^

"supiido ihan no Driviiiiing... mada mada ji-mi da-ne, kisu mo, ji-mi da-ne"

whatever she wants to tell me with this song, I like it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 10-29-2008 at 11:53 AM.

I can't help but feel that the series will slowly slide towards the twisted reality that encompasses the OP. After all, Zange has declared she will be worshipped more than Nagi, and is already off to a good start. The quickest way to that end in the modern era is to become an idol, as someone said last episode.

Nagi will enter show business, to take revenge on her sister. (Wait, that sounds like another underappreciated show this season...)

Even though I expected to see a more "Oh my Goddess"-like series, I wouldn't mind it if they end up in such a sideplot you are talking about.
    It's actually the opposite, if its done in such a quality I'd look forward it! But I really doubt this will happen.

However, it's a nice Idea nonetheless, I don't know if there are many "Idol shows" out there in the anime world, but for me this would be a nice change, especially if it keeps up the "mysterious" elements too (fighting impurities and stuff)
    Havn't seen something like that before (except for Macross Frontier maybe :P), as you can see I compare this show with Oh! My Goddess... but I'm pretty sure you guys know newer and more shows which have a (probably even more) similiar plot to kannagi if it will develop in a "Idol-match"
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 10-29-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    Nagi will enter show business, to take revenge on her sister. (Wait, that sounds like another underappreciated show this season...)
    I know, makes you some what sad doesn't it?

I was pleasantly surprised by this show especially since it didn't seem to be the type of show i would enjoy judging from the previews. Nagi is a very interesting character and i'm waiting to see how this transition from tree goddess > pop star play out.

I think this is one of those season where shows i had high hopes for fall flats and those that i had zero expectation for suddenly become interesting.

Nipponsei - Kannagi OP

Here's the opening theme if anyone wants it. LOL.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    [Ayako] Kannagi - 05 [H264][E55EDC19] mkv 169Mb @ Scarywater

I have to wait at least 10 hours before watching it working sucks

have fun!

PS: David turning into an hikkikimori

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

So, the dad of Zange's host, Hakua, is a priest. What kind of a priest? Somehow related to the church, next to which the Zange-tree is growing, or is it just a coincidence he's a priest? Though I suppose that doesn't matter so much.

In any case it looks like Nagi is just as happy to be an idol as Zange. I guess such a thing is pretty natural for a goddess...

Weird episode somehow... it felt like the skipped some scenes..
    the "food making" duel for example, they never revealed who won (or why) ^^ but oh well, it wasn't really important to show it.

This episode revealed a really sudden change of the plot imho, but that's not a bad point.. in fact it's good this way, it doesn't get boring
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 11-10-2008 at 01:06 PM.

I can't believe I'm attracted to a show where the main character uses a kiddie-girl staff...
    and that I enjoy it quite a lot.
    I laughed and all. I like that show.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I thought this episode was amazing, and further cemented why I think Kannagi is the best series this season. First off, it just makes me laugh, which hasn't really happened in a while. All the stuff with Nagi's fan club was perfect, from the opening photo shoot where we are still wondering what is going on down to Hakua/Zange finding out about it. The vice president of the art club only made it better, her rabid fangirl explanation, culminating with her revealing her (very low numbered) membership card.

The showdown (and tons of bad puns) with Nagi and the staff member was great too. She gained a nearly useless (as of this episode) power, shining a spotlight, star-shaped no less, from the reflector surface of her magical girl wand.

But we also saw some very serious developments too. Nagi's discussion with Hakua's father about whether or not she was also a selfish goddess like Zange, possessing another human. Nagi responded immediately, and in tone that implied that only her wood-and-earth body was the correct way for a goddess such as herself to manifest. The disgust in her voice reinforced the dismay Nagi showed when she confronted Zange about the stress Zange was placing on Hakua's body.

Which brings another side to the story that hadn't been approached until now. Zange quite proudly proclaimed to Nagi that she and Hakua were in total agreement about the whole affair, but during the kitchen battle, we saw a very different idea. Hakua and Zange were arguing, and it seemed to be a very normal thing between the two of them. Credit must go to the author, director, and Kana Hanazawa for the way they have portrayed Hakua/Zange. The two of them rarely use each others' names in their discussions and Kana Hanazawa plays both roles nearly identically. There isn't a nasty/sweet side to differentiate between the two. It makes it very difficult to figure out exactly which one has which stance on a given issue.

I also loved the bit with the failure-director praying to Nagi for success this time around.

I also loved the bit with the failure-director praying to Nagi for success this time around.
    Yup, Also it was a strange feeling to have some quick panels ala Zetsubo Sensei... well almost.

Also agreeing to the rest of course

Go Volt Lighter!

This episode was full of win.

Bittersweet...hmm? Plum, Rubber Tire!?

Nagi ability to create outrageous yet believable lies on the spot is pretty awesome.

The ending song is growing on me, it's very tranquil and is surprisingly addicting.

I like the ED a lot as well. It feels like it's half something else than a regular pop song, though, something like an old folk song. However, according to what I've learned, the single won't be released before the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I like the ED a lot as well. It feels like it's half something else than a regular pop song, though, something like an old folk song. However, according to what I've learned, the single won't be released before the end of this month.
    your 6000th post!
    Congratulations!

I'll have to try that ed, most of the time I shut my player or move to the next ep in the first few seconds of an ep so I do not get to hear the ED.
    Exception was Paradise Kiss and that awesome ED by Franz Ferdinand.

Star-shaped no less:

Episode 6 h264 - Ayako
    Episode 6 xvid - Ayako

- - - - - - - - -

Edit: Another fine episode. Nagi didn't show much divinity in either arc, but episodes where she's portrayed as a human girl aren't that bad, either, especially since her basic character will still screw things up. Lots of tension also between Nagi and Jin in this ep. Especially when Jin could so clearly see those legs he yearns to touch...
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 11-09-2008 at 01:46 PM.

This was an excellent Tsugumi episode. I found that most of the humor in the episode centered around her. I particularly loved the part where in her head she chastised herself before she would potentially insult Nagi's flat chest, then immediately emphasizes her own moderately ample bosom. Her nervous shifting around in her uniform in the cafe was better than Nagi's as well.

While the end may have hinted at a growing love connection between Nagi and Jin (since when know she has had some affection for him back when her tree was intact and she was a full goddess), the subtle hints where Tsugumi felt downtrodden with all of Jin's attentions on Nagi were well done.

Anyone else catch the Haruhi when Tsugumi was waiting for "Jin" before the shopping trip?

This was an excellent Tsugumi episode. I found that most of the humor in the episode centered around her. I particularly loved the part where in her head she chastised herself before she would potentially insult Nagi's flat chest, then immediately emphasizes her own moderately ample bosom. Her nervous shifting around in her uniform in the cafe was better than Nagi's as well.

While the end may have hinted at a growing love connection between Nagi and Jin (since when know she has had some affection for him back when her tree was intact and she was a full goddess), the subtle hints where Tsugumi felt downtrodden with all of Jin's attentions on Nagi were well done.

Anyone else catch the Haruhi when Tsugumi was waiting for "Jin" before the shopping trip?
    That's what I like the most from the ep.
    The instinctive vs societal behavior.
    She should be nice and compasionate, but instead ends up aggressing a competitor for Jin's heart. She also knows Jin is naturally attracted to bigger breasts...

The character I like is the class-rep, there's something about her.

Also, at some point we have a reference to the female audience for the show and I was wondering if the girl depicted was watching a file taken from the web... instead of buying a copy for example... In other words, where they depicting piracy?