Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 01

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Ah, but one of the key aspects is already gone: alternate eyes.

The fact that we see him with both strongly suggests that he's recovered from his condition. Moreover, he did suffer a head injury in S1. But I'm all for hoping Hallelujah comes back. By far my favourite character since Lockon.
    In the OP of S2 you can see Allelujah with 2 eye colors, so that suggests Hallelujah is back as well.

I'm not sure the OP is something we really want to rely upon for information on what will happen. I noticed that it uses a lot of footage from the first series or it recreates direct scenes from it that are slightly more stylized. Last seasons two OPs didn't show much of an accurate depiction either.

For instance, I do not recall the Gundam Meistars fighting the Trinity's in front of the moon. Celestial Being didn't fight the Trinity's on any serious level much at all in fact.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    In the OP of S2 you can see Allelujah with 2 eye colors, so that suggests Hallelujah is back as well.
    That's what I meant. He's using both now, rather than alternating. The message that sent me was he's either going to constantly talk to himself for 25 eps, or he's lost Hallelujah, so now using both eyes doesn't do anything special.

He's still going to have dichromatic eyes. It was symbolic for his split personality, but it's physical to begin with. His mind doesn't actually affect it.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 10-11-2008 at 07:32 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

As far as judging from ED it looks like Louse will become Ali's student.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Death13a
    As far as judging from ED it looks like Louse will become Ali's student.
    Haha. He would be the best teacher. After all, he made Setsuna what he is now. It would also allow Ribbons to keep an eye on Ali as that man surely isn't the most trustworthy one around. But with Ali as her teacher, she would be able to kill even Saji without a blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Haha. He would be the best teacher. After all, he made Setsuna what he is now. It would also allow Ribbons to keep an eye on Ali as that man surely isn't the most trustworthy one around. But with Ali as her teacher, she would be able to kill even Saji without a blink of an eye.
    I was curious as to which route Saji would take. At first i thought he would become a competent pilot due to his desire for revenge against the Gundams while Louise will be the one to help him get back on the right path. After the first episode though, it was pretty much the complete opposite of what i was expecting, the scenes at the end shows that Saji is still a very rational human being despite all the crap he went through.

The way things are presented so far it seems like Saji motivation to become a competent mobile suit pilot will be from his desire to rescue Louise from Ribbons if the story head toward that route.

just finished episode 2
    bloody good episode!
    nice action!

Update: gg has dropped Gundam.

Current quality subber lineup: Menclave, BSS, Shinsen (descending order).

Are you sure it's not some troll?

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Are you sure it's not some troll?
    Check out their site under "mini-project"

http://www.ggkthx.org/

Then look here under Gundam 00 S2. These guys haven't been wrong as long as I can remember.

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2008

Tales of the Abyss: This project was picked up entirely so koda wouldn't play WoW, yet, she's still playing WoW. (Also, fuck Gundam 00, this is clearly the superior Sunrise show.)

The comment in parenthesis, sounds like a troll to me.

Oh well, stuck to waiting for Shinsen for speed I guess, and archiving Menclave when they release each episode 2 weeks after other groups.

It may well be a troll, so I really don't care right now neither. I've had good experiences with BSS, so unless someone tells me they've missed something moderate/major that Menclave picked up on, I see them as a good compromise. Of course, that is assuming they kept up their speed with gg and Shinsen.

BSS will probably be the fastest subber, but I wouldn't call them speed-subbers. Their work on Gurren Lagann was very good, and the finish work they've done on ARIA was also of considerable quality.

I trust their translations more than I trust Insert-Swears-Everywhere Shinsen.

gg just trolls all the time, I really wouldn't bet on anything they say. Their actions are the only thing to trust.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    I'm not sure the OP is something we really want to rely upon for information on what will happen. I noticed that it uses a lot of footage from the first series or it recreates direct scenes from it that are slightly more stylized. Last seasons two OPs didn't show much of an accurate depiction either.
    i disagree, but you're right that we didn't get too much info out of the OPs or EDs last season (but still, there's a good bit in there). The re-used footage is probably budget laziness, since Sunrise always puts shit tons of spoilers and hints in their OPs.

Still, I think looking at the OP is a better way of gleaming the future than just random guessing. I've always thought that they give too many hints in them... so i try not to pay too much attention...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".