Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 01

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    Though iv never liked the idea that the main char has to have a love interest, if the whole SomaXSergei thing is true, then it makes the SetsunaXMarina thing much more plausible. I kinda like the prospect of Setsuna and Marina together. They didnt need to communicate much throughout season 1 to have a stong connection together and from opening theme it seems like their relationship will be a lot more important this time around. Also havent you guys forgotten that Allelujah apparently might have known Soma in her past?. If thats true we might have a possible third candidate for Soma, but then again I know this is a bit of a stretch.
    Allelujah's definitely pursuing her. Whether she remembers him or not's another thing. Last season, the scientist fellow hid the fact that he knew who Allelujah was. Sergei found out, and Soma called him by his subject name before, E52 or something? Question is now if she read the whole file, or just heard about him as some terrorist who's a SuperSoldier reject.

Also, whether she remembers the name Marie. The Super Human project fucked Allelujah up pretty bad, so there's not telling what Soma may have been through.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Is the ending sequence actually an ED? It seems too much like an OP. Anyways, is that Graham fighting Setsuna in the ED(?) without a mask on? And what's with his current get up? Some type of chinese threads.

I think he isnt wearing a mask, looking back on it i think he has a burn mark from the last battle with Setsuna at the end of season 1, lol finally a legitimate reason for the masked person of this gundam series to actually wear a mask.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Is the ending sequence actually an ED? It seems too much like an OP.
    You're correct. That's the OP they had at the end there.

Next week should be back to Intro->OP->Ep->ED->Preview

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    In the ED( OP ) you can see Graham fight Setsuna WITH his mask on. The lower piece is just missing but you can still clearly see the upper piece. Either that or his burn mark is shaped like his mask xD

Oh, on closer inspection it is the mask. I thought it was his face cause I thought it was the shadow from his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    While that would be kind of ironic, can you honestly look at the wreck of a human she has become and imagine her designing anything more fancy than her own breakfast? The other pilot was totally right when wondering why she even is allowed to pilot. Must be only due to Ribbons's sick sense of humour, or some hidden purpose like a remote control device implanted into her brain.
    Anger can accomplish a lot of things (Lesson #2 of things learned from anime*). I know it is a shot in the dark (it was probably Ribbons who designed them if he gave Louise a cyborg prosthesis too), but look to Code Geass season 1, where Nina built a nuke, albeit non-functional. They probably sent her up there because she asked. Ribbons being the know it all that he is, anticipated that Kataron would be involved in this incident, and hopefully Celestial Being as well. He wasn't surprised at all they showed up.

And it is almost certainly a cyborg prosthesis, not a regenerated arm. Last season when Saji asked about the subject, the nurses told him there was some unknown radiation preventing them from using regeneration technology on Louise's hand. Saji figured it out pretty quickly that this was caused by the GN particle radiation. Louise's stump had all kinds of frazzled DNA.

*using one's "guts" to accomplish anything being #1

fire up them archives, folks.

Conclave-Mendoi subs of S02E01 are up!

http://bt.mymenclave.com/

I love the GN-karaoke

I actually really like how Graham looks in the OP/ED shot...

His helmet has red "horns" on the forehead. The blackish helmet with red forehead adornment looks a lot like Zabine Chareux's helmet in F-91.

Also nice to see that Ali's still too awesome to wear anything other than his non-standard red flight suit... and he's grown his goatee back.

Though, with Louise piloting a GNX, does this mean that Saji will, at some point, end up being an MS pilot of some sort? Will he ever find out that it was, in fact, Ali that killed his sister?

I'm just brimming with anticipation here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBladeChild
    I think he isnt wearing a mask, looking back on it i think he has a burn mark from the last battle with Setsuna at the end of season 1, lol finally a legitimate reason for the masked person of this gundam series to actually wear a mask.
    Char, Schwarz Bruder, Zechs, Rau and Muu wore masks because they had to hide the fact that they were all bishounen.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I was little confused at first but it was good in the end. The purple hair guy with Ribbons in the scene looks like Tiera o_O.

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Don't think that's a guy...

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    i don't think Tieria's a guy either. and i don't think the lookalike is a girl. seeing as how it was heavily hinted at in this episode that Tieria doesn't age (Ribbons too then, most likely), it's also very likely that he's not of either gender. you don't need to make a robot a guy or a girl.

i was a little lost as to why Shirin and her new buddy Claus expressed surprise at the fact that a Gundam would show up at Proud for the rescue operation, since Tieria was going there all along. I suppose they were surprised about Setsuna, not him...

Oh Louise, not only are you connected to Ribbons' brain somehow, but you're still an annoyance to watch, and you make angsty-Saji, which is equally annoying to watch. Sigh...

So Ribbons has a connection with Louise, who is in A-LAWs (probably as a spy for him?), and he's meeting with Wang Liu Mei, who helped orchestrate the Karaba rescue operation. Basically, she helped stage a prison break to provide cover/chaos so they could test out those new unmanned robots. That's my take. This makes me smell some rehashed Gundam Wing war ethics a la 'the mobile doll system' slant.

I like that they have Sergei's son come in, and I do think that Sergei had popped the question to Soma. Not telling her about his blood offspring, however, might not have been a good idea. And Ali and Graham, yay!

it was a pretty good episode, i thought. a little disjointed and they threw tons of new characters and factions at you without much regard for our brains, but the action was good and the characters seem to have grown quite a bit. i'm particularly happy with how Setsuna turned out.

i don't really watch this show out of interest in the love interests. if anything, i sorta like Sergei and Soma, but that's about it. some of the stuff with the two minor characters who i felt sure were dead in last season was good for dramatic touch (as was Feldt and Lockon) but I really can't say I care much about who ends up with who. Setsuna and Marina are a pretty good pair, but Setsuna keeps the yaoi fangirls scribbling away with his inflamed thoughts about Lockon and his desires...

if there's no Hallelujah in this second season I'm gonna rape a baby

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Graham has the ugliest mask ever.
    Reminds me of those ancient Japanese masks that samurais wear with battle armor

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Thats foul masa just foul...
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Interesting, never thought i'd see Stellar (louise) again, only this time with no crazy knife skills or fighting skills...just more drugs.

And I do seriously hope Graham isn't planning on keeping that mask on for long...at least switch it. I also question his motives for joining a totalitarian regime. I thought the Union was a democracy in that universe?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathscytheVII
    I thought the Union was a democracy in that universe?
    I think the Union and AEU are still democracies but they have just handed military power over to the Federation. Seems quite unlikely they would have willingly become dictatorships under the rule of Ribbons. Though considering what kind of a douche Ribbons is, no doubt the A-LAWS exists to somehow make him the ruler of the whole planet.

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    Extreme split personalities isn't something you can get rid of that easily. Since we saw Allelujah, I'd say Hallelujah is back.

Also, along with the masked man we have a pill popper/someone with a terminal disease in Lousie. Woo! That's how you know they're putting a lot of resources into Gundam 00. They didn't try to cut the corners by making the masked man and the pill popper the same person like they did in seed.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosK
    Extreme split personalities isn't something you can get rid of that easily. Since we saw Allelujah, I'd say Hallelujah is back.
    Ah, but one of the key aspects is already gone: alternate eyes.

The fact that we see him with both strongly suggests that he's recovered from his condition. Moreover, he did suffer a head injury in S1. But I'm all for hoping Hallelujah comes back. By far my favourite character since Lockon.