Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Piece Chapter 517

I'm pretty sure that turning people into stone because of what is on her back is a lie. I think it has to do with it tarnishing her "beauty" and doesn't want anyone to see whatever it is.

As plot progress goes, I think Luffy and her will team up, and she'll hide Luffy in her ship while she accepts the request to witness Ace's execution. That's how Luffy will sneak in to save him.

Quote Originally Posted by conquistaDan
    No. I remake accounts because I have too. I either get banned and can't come back for up to two weeks, or I get so much neg rep, I just want to make another one where no one knows me from that point onward. So I can start fresh. I just want some greens but I guess I'm not very good at getting them with my witty remarks. I guess they're too long or something I don't know anymore. I give up.
    I think it's safe to say that if you're getting reds with your "witty remarks", they're not actually quite witty, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    Lol, 2 down... I guess 2 more to go? Or maybe they're banned already.

Anyways, keep the OP discussion going
    Please tell me this wasn't your 10000th post, kind of a waste huh. Rather anticlimactic.

I'm with you guys though the whole sea monster putting a curse on them thing seems bogus and she obviously doesn't need to show people her back to turn them to stone. I don't want to see her helping Luffy though or anyone else for that matter, doesn't fit her character and that old lady seems to be right up Luffy's alley.
    Last edited by Abdula; Sat, 10-04-2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

It's obviously a lie. We haven't seen the eyes anywhere else in the series, and Luffy is probably talking about something we the readers have seen somewhere in these 517 chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Please tell me this wasn't your 10000th post, kind of a waste huh. Rather anticlimactic.

I'm with you guys though the whole sea monster putting a curse on them thing seems bogus and she obviously doesn't need to show people her back to turn them to stone. I don't want to see her helping Luffy though or anyone else for that matter, doesn't fit her character and that old lady seems to be right up Luffy's alley.
    Well, I didn't notice this was the case, but no... it wasn't my 10,000th post.

About Luffy and Boa, well she doesn't really need to help him out of the goodness of her heart. It can be a mutually beneficial thing.

An alternative is that she might capture Luffy as a Shichibukai. We also know she doesn't want to participate in the war, but at the same time she wants to keep her Shichibukai title, so maybe with Luffy she can figure out a way to accomplish it.

Maybe it's a symbol for Vegapunk or something else indicating that she has some cyborg parts. That would be something worthy of concocting a massive story to cover-up. The more I think about the more it just doesn't seem she would get this worked up over a Pirate tattoo that she could have just had retouched like Nami did. Another possibility would be it is something that proves that her prized beauty isn't real.

man, after some thought, wouldn't it be crazy if boa hancock was luffy's mom?

ty psj for this sig

Supposedly amazon women can only give birth to females, though.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    This can only lead to one conclusion: Luffy is actually female.

But seriously

I've been going back to previous chapters to try and figure out what could be on Boa back but nothing came up so far.

I would've guess that it was a scar she got from battling the Gorgon and was afraid to show people because it ruin her "beautiful" image but since a frame was dedicated to Luffy noticing the mark from somewhere suggest that it's not that simple.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Sun, 10-05-2008 at 04:29 AM.

Maybe she has Skypiea wings! Just an out of the blue guess.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Maybe she has Skypiea wings! Just an out of the blue guess.
    I thought about it but Skypiea wings can be seen from front. so whatever on her back is something from Luffy's past, as he was saying when he got on island that it reminded him of his Garp's training in jungle.

"Life is hilariously cruel" by Bender

The last time we were guessing about what from Luffy's past does he recognize, it turned out to be Sanji's poorly-drawn face.

Just sayin'
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Haha, maybe it's that same face tatooed on her back!

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Says who? An Amazon? She wouldn't have even had a chance to see a man, let alone get pregnant. Their kids have to come from somewhere, and it's probably the Pirate Empress and her crew. My guess is that they ditch the boys, just like the Amazons of western mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by poopdeville
    Says who? An Amazon? She wouldn't have even had a chance to see a man, let alone get pregnant. Their kids have to come from somewhere, and it's probably the Pirate Empress and her crew. My guess is that they ditch the boys, just like the Amazons of western mythology.
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/515/02-03/
    Reread that page.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I heard that Oda will be switching in and out with Togashi for 10 week cycles of releasing chapters. I hope this is not true.

Yeah, I read that too. Highly disappointing if it turns out to be true. The anime will have to start pumping out more fillers.

Edit: I just read this.

Oh my stars! Don't I feel quite silly.

After further investigation, the '10 week cycle' reference was made by someone else completely as a snide remark poking fun at Togashi's often on and off scheduling of Hunter, but dressed it up as to imitate a very trusted source (as if he were making the comment) and indicated Oda would take the series in a similiar direction. I clumsy mistook that as the trusted source relaying Oda's upcoming message.

What I can say for sure, Oda will have some sort of message at the end of this week's chapter, and then the series will be off the following week. Which has led to 'unfounded' speculation that Oda might be taking a longer than usual break.

Nothing of the nature of this message is known, and the break appears to be totally routine.

Sorry for this huge misunderstanding. Hope I didn't put anyone in an early grave. ORZ
    Last edited by Marik; Mon, 10-06-2008 at 05:06 PM.