Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started watching Bleach

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    He hasn't posted in this thread for a long time, so chances are he realised all the spoiler possibilities and thus avoids this thread wisely. Or perhaps he spent a few nights without sleep and already caught up.
    Or perhaps we don't care if this thread spoils the show for him or not, we're just glad that we actually have something interesting to discuss in the bleach forum?

I've passed the SS arc and am just browsing the the filler bount arc, as I just don't generally care for filler. As for the fellow who worried about me and spoilers, thanks for concern but they don't really bother me much.

One question about Ichigo though, and perhaps other animes as well, why does 'good' Ichigo wear black and have a black sword while the 'evil' Ichigo he fought on the sideway's buildings wear white??

Is this a product of traditional Japanese folklore, or just how it wound up being? It just seems a little backwards from a Western point of view, i.e. white hats vs black hats.

They are Shinigami aka Death Gods, them wearing white would be quite a ways misleading.

That was not the point I think Animus... We see a lot of this juxtaposed color issue, Ichigo in his full black getup opposed to Byakuya in white, Ichigo vs White Ichigo. These encounters always seem to set black as being the good guy when traditionally it is opposite. One could say that it is just because Shinigami should wear black like the traditional Grim Reaper but it is more likely that the opposites wear white as an artistic choice.

It isn't a new concept to flip the colors vs their implied meanings, I'm not sure if it is more prevalent in Japanese culture but I would guess it means the same thing in their eyes and the flip is done for effect.