Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future of America

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

Future of America

So, this morning I was given a reminder of just how grim our future is in america.

I was leaving for work and there was a group of kids in the middle of the parking lot, i stopped as they very slowly got out of the middle of the road. the last and oldest of the bunch (12-13 years old tops.) very slowly moved, after looking and seeing my car.. i turned around him slightly and was looking in my rearview mirror only to see some probably 8 year old kid with his middle finger raised high in the air at me... i can understand if i'd honked my horn at them or something but i didn't...

This.... is our future. Very sad.. Living in a predominantly black area sometimes makes me feel like a racist since i get to see how uneducated and stupid alot of these people are that live near me..... and the sad new is, they're breeding.

Well one thing's clear. You are a racist, since you're so inclined to relate something like the future of a country to a single scenario that happened.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Well one thing's clear. You are a racist, since you're so inclined to relate something like the future of a country to a single scenario that happened.
    A country isn't a race.

Behaviour is definitely a problem, but since we're also talking about education, you can't help but notice the declining standards in education these days, and we're meant to be moving forwards...

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I think it's pretty obvious that a country isn't a race. But how does relating a scenario that happened on your way to work with a particular race, directly lead to the downfall of said country?

It's definitely not the black people that are ruining the USA right now. Far from it.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    What's with the alarm bells? This kind of thing happens in every generation. Congrats man, you're getting old.

Also it's not a matter of being a black area, it's a matter of being a poor area. Unfortunately in many places in America, there's no difference between the two, but it doesn't have anything to do with race. Poor areas will always have more petty crime and more kids running around without proper parenting.

If this country's fucked, it's not because some black kid flicked you off. Calm down.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I have long thought that world wars are needed to make mankind progress not only technologically but also culturally and socially (or is it societally?). When there have been no major wars, namely wars within the borders of the country, the society begins to deteriorate over time, with generations that take everything for granted and suffer no hardships like the generations of the past that saw total wars and total ruination, and had to rebuilt everything, creating a sense of communinality and common good like no other.

When a nation as a whole has no common interest, we will eventually see all kinds of divisions that cause unrest within and promote decay instead of progress.

Still, I can't say I'd particularly hope for a world war... Even if it gave a fresh beginning, it would suck majorly while it lasted and long after.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I have long thought that world wars are needed to make mankind progress not only technologically but also culturally and socially (or is it societally?).
    just write "I'm a child" instead of this to save a reader time in the future.

Any thread created by Itadakimasu is always opened with a bit of trepidation.

Anyway instead of calling you an idiot or a racist I'll go with Xan and say you're getting old. You're only 25 and yet you sound as if you're 65. A kid gives you the finger and suddenly you're worried about the future of America. Funny thing is I thought this thread was going to be about the economy, or education or even the upcoming election. I mean if you're worried about the future of America it shouldn't be because of an 8 year old flipping you off. I am seriously trying not to laugh here.
    Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Living in a predominantly black area sometimes makes me feel like a racist since i get to see how uneducated and stupid alot of these people are that live near me..... and the sad new is, they're breeding.
    Trust me its not where you live that is making you feel like a racist and what do you mean they're breeding, are they animals or something. I wonder if you even read that before you posted it.
    I have long thought that world wars are needed to make mankind progress not only technologically but also culturally and socially. When there have been no major wars, namely wars within the borders of the country, the society begins to deteriorate over time, with generations that take everything for granted and suffer no hardships like the generations of the past that saw total wars and total ruination, and had to rebuilt everything, creating a sense of communality and common good like no other.

When a nation as a whole has no common interest, we will eventually see all kinds of divisions that cause unrest within and promote decay instead of progress.
    I agree with this completely, I've often had the same thought.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

The US is a cesspool, no doubt, but black, white, brown, yellow, whatever, they're all for shit in the US. I'm on a personal journey of discovery of sorts in my parents' 3rd world homeland. Here they may not flick you off, but they'll make you feel the same way as those kids in your neighborhood, just in their own way. Even rich white snobs will treat you like shit if you're not one of them. I'm appreciating more and more what we have in the US now that I'm in the middle of a 3rd world country. Maybe you should go stay in Mexico for a couple weeks.

I think this entire incident could have been avoided if you learned how to deal with these kids. Maybe talk some ebonics with them, like "sup dawgs, whitey needs to pass on through, ya heard? We coo? Yeah, we coo. Big ups little homies." Or something like that. Sorry if any of those terms are no longer "hip", but I haven't watched MTV in a few years. The kids probably didn't appreciate the angry stare or nervous look you were giving them, or when they saw you slowly reach down and lock your door. Really you should have done that as soon as you got in the car.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Kinda reminds me of this
    Thanks for the deep insight, Yroll. It's just idle thinking and wouldn't bear analysis of the cons vs pros, but I still believe there's a little truth to what I said.
    More than just a little but thats a different topic for a different thread.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Thanks for the deep insight, Yroll. It's just idle thinking and wouldn't bear analysis of the cons vs pros, but I still believe there's a little truth to what I said.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    What's with the alarm bells? This kind of thing happens in every generation. Congrats man, you're getting old.

Also it's not a matter of being a black area, it's a matter of being a poor area. Unfortunately in many places in America, there's no difference between the two, but it doesn't have anything to do with race. Poor areas will always have more petty crime and more kids running around without proper parenting.

If this country's fucked, it's not because some black kid flicked you off. Calm down.
    Thank you for saying that. I've had this argument so much lately I think my head's going to explode. Now, not calling you a racist man Ita, but you do sound like one in that post. Which, is fine by me. You should hear me after getting into a confrontation of nonsense with a black person. My calming down process involves saying every vicious stereotype that I thought that person brought forth. If someone could only hear me, they wouldn't know I was black.

Here's the real unfortunate thing: I don't know what not poor black people are like. It's been awhile since the cosby show was on, and even that seemed like a fairy tale.

Check the news man, the Obamas are basically an answer to your question. They also have some "well-to-do" black comedies on UPN, the WB, and Disney Channel.

Really it is Itadakimasu/bbaucom's fault. Poor neighborhoods are meant for the poor, not for average folks who want to save money for PS3s and other toys.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    "sup dawgs, whitey needs to pass on through, ya heard? We coo? Yeah, we coo. Big ups little homies." Or something like that. Sorry if any of those terms are no longer "hip", but I haven't watched MTV in a few years.
    No, you sound completely up to date with your ebonics, don't hide the fact that you study it. Big ups. That's real spit on the fly tip!
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Word homey, word. I knew I had props with my ebonics and shit, ya feel me?

It's good to be an older guy who's still in touch with the young and hip generation. Is that so hard, itadakimasu?

If that disturbs you, you would not be able to live in poland... i hear kids at grade school using such words that i dont hear from worst bums and wiggers. God i hate this country. Stupid people, stupid goverment, prices 2-3x higher than in U.S.(AFTER converting price from usd to pln)...
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    I actually lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    Here's the real unfortunate thing: I don't know what not poor black people are like. It's been awhile since the cosby show was on, and even that seemed like a fairy tale.
    It's not about being poor, though, it's about how well you speak and present yourself.

I'm not going to lie, because I do it a lot myself, but.. it's hard not to stereotype people who are trying to be 'ghetto' and have their pants hanging down to show off their underwear, but they hold it up with a belt so it doesn't fall too low??

I've also realzied that a lot of blacks will use the 'you're racist' card against people to get what they want, or to make some people seem less than what they are.

The problem with the future of America is that people are dumb, not in the mentally accepted way, either. There are always going to be idiots in the world, we all just have to deal with it But that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitne
    It's not about being poor, though, it's about how well you speak and present yourself.

I'm not going to lie, because I do it a lot myself, but.. it's hard not to stereotype people who are trying to be 'ghetto' and have their pants hanging down to show off their underwear, but they hold it up with a belt so it doesn't fall too low??

I've also realzied that a lot of blacks will use the 'you're racist' card against people to get what they want, or to make some people seem less than what they are.

The problem with the future of America is that people are dumb, not in the mentally accepted way, either. There are always going to be idiots in the world, we all just have to deal with it But that's my opinion.
    That's pretty typical of what a sheltered person would say.

What's the typical part? That I think the problem is that people are dumb?