Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LCD TV... which to get?

Don't use Automatic Scale if you plan to use it as a Monitor or for gaming.
    Ever.

At first I thought my video card was at fault, since when I had full screen videos it would expand the image vertically at random.

After investigating with no luck, upgrading drivers, the tv's firmware and more I was ready to give up.

When by pure luck I tried the unscaled view and the problem didn't present itself. I then tried Widescreen and the problem didn't appear either.

Automatic scale messes up on this tv.

Apart from that... response time on games and the computer has been excellent.

I've seen tv just 3 times since I bought it.

BTW... you can see my internet modem, computer, wii and ps3 besides the Tv. I get laughed because of the size of the cpu against the monitor XD

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    BTW... you can see my internet modem, computer, wii and ps3 besides the Tv. I get laughed because of the size of the cpu against the monitor XD

That little thing's your computer

First time I've seen something like that..the size looks like it should be an external HDD enclosure...

Meh, awesome that you've found a TV you're happy with Zell.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Looks like a router to me.

OK I'm really confused now.

Up till now my understanding had been that Plasma's are better for gaming because they have faster response times and they generally show better blacks and colours. Now I've been to a couple of shops and they are saying for gaming LCD's are preferred over Plasma's... what gives?

Also, with regards to TV models, which one's would you guys reccomend out of the following:

Panasonic TH-42PZ81B (42" Plasma)

Sony KDL 40W4500 (40" LCD)

LG 42LG6100 (42" LCD)

Samsung LE40A756 (40" LCD)

Seems to be a battle between the Sony and the Panasonic, with the Sony delivering sharper pictures but the Panasonic hits back with better colouring.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I'd go for Pana as Sony has a history of trying to steal from their customers by overpricing products that are far below the average, without clearly stating it of course.
    They have and have had good products, but the risk is too high with them.

Same goes for samsung, having calibrated and specific screens for reviews, and then swapping panels as they wish with the exact same product code... of course, the swap is never for better quality, strange isn't it?
    RMAs tend to be slow and painful process too...

Why do sellers advise for LCD's for gaming?
    Well, plasmas burn-in still have problems with still images, although lighter... but I guess gaming could be very intensive.

As always in that dumb tech world, you have to make a compromise...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I had previously dismissed Sony even from being considered as I heard they were not too hot in the HD TV arena, but then again the KDL 40W4000 (predecessor to the model I mentioned above) received lots of awards apparantly.

The plus on Sony's side is also that if I buy a Sony surround sound 5.1 system I can integrate it with the TV remote. I could do the same for the Panasonic if I bought that but I havn't been able to locate a 5.1 Panasonic system.