Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 417

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I just think its amusing how 7 bijuu get captured and nobody does anything...then killerbee is defeated and all of a sudden its time to assemble the 5 kages.
    This time... it's personal! *cheesy action movie theme song*

I just think its amusing how 7 bijuu get captured and nobody does anything...then killerbee is defeated and all of a sudden its time to assemble the 5 kages.
    I know this is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    This time... it's personal! *cheesy action movie theme song*
    Best post I've seen in a while...

But yes. Its ridiculous that the Raikage didn't care enough when Yugito was captured. And now that Killerbee is captured he suddenly wants to make a revolution (refer to the post chapter title which said something about change on the shinobi world)

And its funny that none of them cared when Gaara was captured and he was the freaking Kazekage at the time. You would think the Kages would pay attention when Akatsuki takes out one of their own.

Kishimoto you suck.

0.o this means we'll probably get to see Gaara again

And maybe we'll find out whether he still has his powers or not
    Last edited by Abdula; Sat, 09-20-2008 at 12:34 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Ahh, remember back in the Chuunin exam, when Neji was acting like a brat, and then his uncle told him the story of how his father sacrificed himself for the village after being caught in another village? I'm pretty sure he's referring to that.
    No neji's father sacrificed himself cause his brother killed the ninja that tried to take hinata, to prevent a war.

Also this seems like Gaara rescue arc all over again, don't mind it though cloud seems pretty awesome.
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    And its funny that none of them cared when Gaara was captured and he was the freaking Kazekage at the time. You would think the Kages would pay attention when Akatsuki takes out one of their own.

Kishimoto you suck.
    Well in his defense the whole situation took like 3 or 4 days to resolve itself and how would it help the wind country if the other kages knew that their most skilled fighter had his ass handed out to him by just 1 akatsuki member?

If you want to get pissed at something get at the fact that it took 8 jinchuriki's untill the kages finally decided to take action against akatsuki.

It didn't take eight, it took just one, one with eight tails.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Valid points on Pain being REALLY slow at prep time, but he is going into Konoha, a village that is expecting him, maybe is prepping? I dunno.

I want to know why Sasuke uses his new MS powers like 1 time and is already going blind? Is this a temporary side affect? And was he talking about the black flames as his new Jutsu that was soo much better than the rest?

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    Seems so.

When his daughter, Hinata, was kidnapped by a Head Ninja of Kumogakure no sato, who was acting as an ambassador to Konoha at the time, he had no choice but to kill her kidnapper.

The Land of Lightning overlooked the kidnapping, and they demanded a life for a life, asking Hiashi surrender his life and be killed, or else a new wave of warfare between the Hidden Leaf and Cloud villages. While Hiashi planned on accepting the punishment, his brother insisted on taking his place, saying that while he hated the main family, he wanted to save his brother and decide his own destiny. He asked Hiashi to tell Neji about his decision and his reasons before leaving to be killed.

That seems dumb. Demanding a life, when your side were the ones that were completely wrong.

Edit. Saturday 09-20-2008 07:28 PM, I can read when I click the link, thanks.

To whoever this -5 points repper is. The stuff I pasted, was from a different page than his link. His link did not include the part about the Lightning's demand, that I commented on.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 09-20-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iMUSTbeTHEdevil
    Valid points on Pain being REALLY slow at prep time, but he is going into Konoha, a village that is expecting him, maybe is prepping? I dunno.

I want to know why Sasuke uses his new MS powers like 1 time and is already going blind? Is this a temporary side affect? And was he talking about the black flames as his new Jutsu that was soo much better than the rest?
    now sasuke has to go get itachi's eyes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    That seems dumb. Demanding a life, when your side were the ones that were completely wrong.
    They just wanted an excuse to go to war

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    And maybe we'll find out whether he still has his powers or not
    i thought the sand only told the leaf about that? it wouldnt be in their best interest to let other villages know.

i think it was stated in the recent data book that gaara can still use his sand. i hope to see kankurou again. it looked like he may have had a new puppet at the end of the gaara rescue arc. i hope he accompanies gaara.

but my props go out to the raikage. first kage to actually take action to get shit done globally.

Quote Originally Posted by michelous
    now sasuke has to go get itachi's eyes
    Eh, that would be a downgrade. Itachi's eyes seemed to be near their limit before he even fought, Sasuke.

Quote Originally Posted by RasenDori
    i think it was stated in the recent data book that gaara can still use his sand.
    Yes, that question was in the data book and answered by, Kishimoto

Q. Now that Gaara doesn't have the Ichibi anymore he's unable to use the sand, right?
    A. Both the sand and the rings around his eyes are there for good, they can't be taken away.
    Last edited by Marik; Sat, 09-20-2008 at 08:17 PM.

Q. Now that Gaara doesn't have the Ichibi anymore he's unable to use the sand, right?
    A. Both the sand and the rings around his eyes are there for good, they can't be taken away.
    So that means they can free Naruto from the Kyuubi and he'll be able to go 9-tails mode still! HOORAY!!

Uhm no, gaara controlled the sand himself with chakra, the only thing shukaku did was provide the passive defense and transform him into a monster.
    So no he hasn't gotten any weaker, he just has to actively defend himself now.

Removing kyuubi will remove naruto's chakra source, no kyuubi, no "9-tails" mode, just like how no shukaku, no passive defense.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter

Yea, sorry...all I remember is there was an abduction, and One of the Hyuga had to be sacrificed.

Eh, that would be a downgrade. Itachi's eyes seemed to be near their limit before he even fought, Sasuke.
    If Sasuke gets Itachi's eyes, he will obtain eternal mangekyou sharingan and be able to use all the ms techniques as much as he wants without the side effect of going blind.

I have a feeling Sasuke's new power is something he sharingan copied from Killer Bee before Bee transformed.

Quote Originally Posted by chet_chetty
    I have a feeling Sasuke's new power is something he sharingan copied from Killer Bee before Bee transformed.
    like... rhymes?

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    I expect that very few people know who the mizukage is...especially since Kisame didn't know, and he's from the mist village.

What's probably happening here is Kishi is focusing way too much on developing Sasuke and Naruto. Somehow, Akatsuki and their effect on the world fell through the cracks. It's kind of sad too. Itachi's story line shows that Kishi very well could've woven in a compelling story line with political twists and turns had he been willing to make the story "bigger". Unfortunately, I suspect we'd then be faced with even more people whining about how nothing progresses. By nothing, I mean Naruto and Sasuke.

Edit to Arc: You know, somehow I managed to avoid contemplating the possibility. Thank you, thank you for bringing that up and to my attention.
    Last edited by Uchiha Barles; Mon, 09-22-2008 at 06:51 PM.