View Poll Results: What do you go to sleep in?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the buff

2 5.88%
  • PJs

6 17.65%
  • Shirt+Underwear

3 8.82%
  • Shirt/Bra only

0 0%
  • Topless+Underwear/Shorts

19 55.88%
  • Home Clothes

6 17.65%
  • Any Clothes

2 5.88%
  • Dominatrix Leather

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping habits - Discuss

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar

Sleeping Habits - Are You a Rooster, Vampire or Narcoleptic?

I've always been thinking about how other people sleep (sounds sorta wrong..meh), and what others think to be a "healthy" or a "good" sleeping habit. What about how many hours you sleep? Set times? deprived, then catch up? Are you and early bird or a night owl?

I've always been a late-night person. Since uni started two years ago, that's been even more so. I don't sleep earlier than 11 unless I'm sick...night just seems to be such a more eventful time than mornings. This semester I've had to get up at 6:30am every day to get to classes, and it's never enough sleep for me.(when I say earliest is 11, I mean it's usually more like 12, 12:30). So now I've also developed the habit of sleeping whenever I go in a bus or any moving vehicle, whether I'm actually tired or not.
    Weekends I catch up a little, but it's a bit hard to break the pattern.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 09-18-2008 at 07:31 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Im in the same boat as you....currently i've cut back to sleeping by 12 or 1, but in recent months (particularly during the summer) staying up past 3 was a norm. But now, thanx to early morning classes i only get a few hours of sleep....even if i get home early and have nothing to do, i can't sleep until night time. And even then, i usually push it to 12 or 1 again for some reason. Going to sleep any earlier seems like a waste of a night, depiste the fact that im usually browsing GW or streaming tv shows when im up.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I've had just about every sleeping schedule possible. I've done the university student sleep deprivation thing for a few years, I've been completely nocturnal for a while, I've had an early morning schedule, etc. I seem to be pretty adaptable in that I can adjust my schedule to what I need. In general though, I like to get 8 hours of sleep a night. These days, I'm on a 6:30am wakeup for morning classes.

As for sleeping attire, I have a secret addiction to Hello Kitty pyjamas. Don't ask me why. I just have to buy them when I see them. I have warm fuzzy snowboarding Hello Kitty ones, dragon-print capris, ones with little hearts and stars in shorts form, and a couple other regular pyjama ones, each with matching shirts. It's the kind of thing I wouldn't be caught dead wearing out in public, because I'm not one of those girly girls, y'know? But somehow, the pyjamas are just too cute not to wear.

Are you getting all verklempt, Buffalo?

I used to be able to sleep 6 hours a night and function all day just fine. Now in my middle years I can't survive an entire work day on less than 7 hours. I'll make it through, but my brain is mush and synapses don't seem to fire. I realized I lived a large part of my social life that way, so people think I'm a dullard. When I get enough sleep, my mind's quick as a whip.

I usually sleep in shorts and undershirt. I tried sleeping naked, too weird, went back to shorts and undershirt.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm like some of you, in that I have to wake up quite early for classes on most days. My usual sleep schedule is about 7 or 8 hours, but on early-waking days, I'd only get about 5 or 6.

On weekends I get 12 or 13. Really depends on how I'm feeling when I open my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I tried sleeping naked, too weird, went back to shorts and undershirt.
    I'm so with you on this one. I don't know how some guys sleep naked.

I tried it once, and I can tell everyone that I much prefer my inventory neatly packed away or at least contained while I'm sleeping. Soooo uncomfortable...

So yeah, plaid pajama pants for me. Shirt is optional, but entirely preferred. My brother sleeps in his jeans every night and I don't know how he can stand it.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    When I get enough sleep, my mind's quick as a whip.
    Really, you should try it sometime.

Now that I don't have a job I stay up anywhere from 3 to 7 and get about 8 good hours of rest. Generally I get hot easily, so I like just wearing boxers. I'm not keen on the sleeping naked thing either, it feels unnatural to me.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    My work patterns have me wake up around 6:30. And I need 9 hours of sleep.

When I was a student, I was up till 2 am and my wake up was at 6:19 sharp to avoid advertising on the radio (the only thing to wake me up). Yup something like 4-5 hours was enough at the time.
    But even a hard working student, managing voley-ball, cycling, ju-jitsu, roller-blading and so on wasn't as tired as the worker he became...

As for nights, it's underwear and mandatory socks... cold feet prevent me from sleeping and I wake up sneezing with a cold lasting 2 or 3 days. Even in the hotter days of summer, even with 35° Celsius or more in the room.

Also, my sleep is of a bad quality, probably explaining why my needs doubled. Will try to cure that someday, if I get enough confidence in a surgeon who will have to butcher things in my throat and so on...

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Jounin
    I usually sleeps nude. Or in the cloth i'm wearing when i went to bed. I only go to sleep with my cloths on when i don't actually plan to sleep but end up dead after a while anyways. Like when you lay down to watch a movie or tv show and for some reason just get dead tired in minutes. But when i undress i go all the way. Well if i have company or stay at someone elses house i of course have underwear on.

I'm more of an night owl. I have always, even as a kid, having a hard time sleeping in the night and get sleepy first when the sun rises. And even when i try my best to turn the day around and go to bed at 10pm or something it only takes a few days for me to get back to my old pattern and go to bed around 4am-10am.

I usually sleep at 1-2 AM and wake up at 8:30-9:30.

I sleep topless with underwear.

I was always a morning person (the curse of living on the east side of the house with no shades for 18 years). Thanks to a high school commute that involved the bus picking me up at 6am, I started getting up even earlier. College helped a little because I was always staying up to the 11pm-1am range, but that still only got me to 7:30am. Now that I'm working a first shift salary job, I wake up at 4:30am. All of this...without an alarm (but I do set one).

I usually make it with 7 hours or less.

I don't think I've ever slept to 10am, and the one time I slept to 9:30 was because I had the flu.

Attire: Topless with underwear, unless it's one of those really cold nights, then I put on some loose sweatpants. I've only slept with shirts on when I was drunk.

I was good & fine until the past few months...

in highschool, i'd go to bed around midnight, and then wake up at seven.
    in the army, i'd sleep from when they tell me, until when they tell me to (plus a few guard towers in which they specifically told me not to, so I did anyway).
    Now everything is messed up...
    I used to have decent sleep habits, on weekends, I'd usually get to bed around 3 or 4... late enough to go out, return home, loiter around the intraweb for a while, get bored and fall asleep.
    now, my brother is also home, and he's awake until 5, each day, so naturally, I have a lot more to do at night, so I stay awake longer as well, then I either wake up at 9, or at 14...

and above all that, I think I'm growing insomanic (or just having sleep problems...) I stay up in bed for hours, and can't sleep well at all. there were a few nights that I couldn't sleep until sunrise, and then I said 'Screw it all, I'm going to spend this morning doing the same things I did last night!", and it's been happening at a rapid progression rate.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I get eight hours of sleep Sunday through Thursday because I go to school on weekdays and my mother gave me a beddy time.

I spend the rest of the weekend staying up and barely sleeping

the whole summer i sleep at like 6 am. then school starts and i try my best to sleep at 12-1 so i get at least 7 hours of sleep. also i prefer topless with boxers

ty psj for this sig

My attire changes with the seasons:

Spring: PJ pants + shirt
    Summer: Home clothes (shirt+shorts)
    Autumn: Shirt + PJ pants
    Winter: PJ long sleeve, shirt + pants.

Though lately, I've been replacing the "shirts" with singlets, mainly because I've wrecked most of my home shirts, and I'm left with singlets.

I've tried nude, and it feels weird, like most of you've said. Yesterday, a rash/itch was driving me insane, and I had to take off my PJ pants before it'd go away. It wasn't as uncomfortable as the birthday suit, but it kept me semi-flaccid. An hour later, I put the pants back on.

I sleep wearing only boxers. As far as habit goes, I like to sleep during the day. Sleeping from 12 noon til 8pm is ideal for me. I find it easier for going out. Instead of going to sleep at night and trying to wake up in the morning on time, I just stay up from 8 at night.

i love sleeping. i try to get as much of it done as possible. however, i'm also a bit of a night owl, and going to sleep before 1 feels like a waste, so i prefer to sleep in late to get my...erm...12 hours. it doesn't happen often these days, though, since i have to wake up early for work or something or other.

also, i guess there's a bit of a difference between genders when it comes to sleeping in the nude. most of you guys seem to dislike it, but i found it completely comfortable when i used to live on my own

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saman
    i love sleeping. i try to get as much of it done as possible. however, i'm also a bit of a night owl, and going to sleep before 1 feels like a waste, so i prefer to sleep in late to get my...erm...12 hours. it doesn't happen often these days, though, since i have to wake up early for work or something or other.

also, i guess there's a bit of a difference between genders when it comes to sleeping in the nude. most of you guys seem to dislike it, but i found it completely comfortable when i used to live on my own

As said before, sleeping nude for a man is a problem with genitals. Not every male dislike it, but it seems a lot do.
    There's also a hygienic/mattress protection problem also linked to the same part of the male body. I will not explain in details, but really underwear solve a great deal of the problem.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Maybe it's weird, but even in the summer or if it's hot I have to have a blanket or something. Probably cause when I sleep I find it uncomfortable to not grab, hug, or hold onto something. Might be the years I spent as a baby hugging a giant dog to sleep.

One habit I've got now when I sleep is to eliminate all sources of light and sound as possible. Right now that means closing the bedroom door, stuffing a clock under a stuffed animal, and putting an object/box in front of the radio alarm clock to block out the light.

A little excessive?

Not excessive at all, I'm the same way. I can't stand light when i sleep. I even cover up the lights on my D-Link router, so those blue leds can't bother me. I like it totally quiet, so I don't use a clock at all.