Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One Piece Chapter 513

One Piece Chapter 513

Last edited by Marik; Fri, 09-05-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Wow, that really pulled at my heart strings I'll admit.

Man things got out of hand quickly. I suppose this would be the best possible outcome. I wonder how long it will take for them to get back to the archipelago....
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

There's 2 release threads for this chapter, mayhaps we should combine them?

Too bad I used this one last week...

Wow.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Damn, that was amazing.

I really feel it for Luffy, even though we know they're alright, he doesn't and being completely helpless while you watch your nakama being picked off one by one. Thats some messed up crap right there.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

So I suppose this makes it 0/2 between strawhats and the admirals. In a way I kinda prefer it like this though. If they defeated an admiral, then they can defeat anyone from the marines. That aside, there have been a few other occasions where the crew was helpless against an enemy....

1) Buggy and Smoker in Loguetown
    2) Smoker in Arabasta
    3) Kuma in Thriller Bark

In each time, they either got away with the help of an external force, or the enemy showed mercy to them for one reason or another. I dunno how the crew is supposed to survive the new world...
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Wow, that really pulled at my heart strings I'll admit.
    Why? I've been waiting for this to happen. With the SH's out of the way Oda can crack his knuckles and get down to work with the elites talking about stuff that is higher up in terms of story line. So I'm glad Kuma sent them away. I'm actually wondering why Oda didn't do this sooner. I mean, honestly the SH's have been kind of getting annoying IMO with the running around trying to stay alive. And then Luffy tries to fight Sentourmau and gets owned by an E Honda slap? Come on Oda. It was better when Luffy went 3rd gear out of nowhere on the PX 2. The most interesting thing that happened now was Chopper going nuts and Franky remembering about it. Counting this time and the last time that he saw this, we actually have something to work with. It's almost like, Franky is Yamato and Chopper is Naruto is 3 tails and beyond.

I came about 4 times this chapter. I did not see this happening.

Really need to work on that staying power Carnage.

Anyway I got no complaints Dan, that was an awesome chapter and I haven't been so interested in a series since Berserk was in its prime. As far as I'm concerned Oda is beyond reproach and what did I say about the Naruto comparisons.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 09-05-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by docdan63
    Why? I've been waiting for this to happen. With the SH's out of the way Oda can crack his knuckles and get down to work with the elites talking about stuff that is higher up in terms of story line. So I'm glad Kuma sent them away. I'm actually wondering why Oda didn't do this sooner. I mean, honestly the SH's have been kind of getting annoying IMO with the running around trying to stay alive. And then Luffy tries to fight Sentourmau and gets owned by an E Honda slap? Come on Oda. It was better when Luffy went 3rd gear out of nowhere on the PX 2. The most interesting thing that happened now was Chopper going nuts and Franky remembering about it. Counting this time and the last time that he saw this, we actually have something to work with. It's almost like, Franky is Yamato and Chopper is Naruto is 3 tails and beyond.
    What the hell did I just read?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdula

Anyway I got no complaints Dan, that was an awesome chapter and I haven't been so interested in a series since Berserk was in its prime. As far as I'm concerned Oda is beyond reproach and what did I say about the Naruto comparisons.
    Here we go again. This wasn't a bad comparison you to admit it. It made sense. Not complete sense, but sense non the less. How is Oda beyond reproach? Explain that one to me I'd love to see you give it a shot. Honestly, I mean at this point, you guys have made him up to be a god of story telling or something. That doesn't make sense to me. Why? Kishi and Kubo do unexpected things and you guys complain about it all of the time, right? So is the fact that it's about pirates or the weirdness of it change anything? I mean I like the weird too, but you guys take it a bit too far. And why are you saying it pulled at the heart strings a little bit? Every couple of chapters (generally like 60-about 80) Oda busts out something huge, that needs to happen to clear the pipes of the storyline. The way you can tell is by the ending and working of the ending. I mean look.

here's the ending for BB Ace outcome
    http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0000441/19.jpg

and here's the ending for 513
    http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0076762/19.jpg

Tell me that isn't the same. And you know that Oda is planning something huge with this to happen either with the elites or something.

I'm not going to give you any explanation because I don't think its necessary I think you just need to stop being so critical and just enjoy the series. As far as Kubo and Kishi are concerned maybe its because of them that Oda is looking so good. I mean the only reason I started reading OP was because I was getting tired of Naruto and Bleach.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Unlike other fucked up manga, this one was fucking amazing. I really am excited now.

Banned
    Well I don't need justification or anything, but like, why is is so much cooler for you guys than ninjas of naruto or the samurai of bleach? I mean really, what is it that is doing it for you guys? I agree whole 100% that it's the best manga out there by far. BUt my justification is because I like how Oda made the serious unique, odd, original, and he did it all based around pirates as a core foundation.

And the reason I'm complaining about this chapter a bit is only because it seems like Oda has done what he needs to on the mangrove with the SH crew. Other than that, I love the entire series. My favorite ever actually. So no complaints. I can enjoy the SH's and all their adventures, but I just think that it's time that Oda moved on towards elites.

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Why is One Piece so good?

Because the good guys don't always win.
    (Unless of course Luffy opens Gear 4th or something)

Quote Originally Posted by docdan63
    Here we go again. This wasn't a bad comparison you to admit it. It made sense. Not complete sense, but sense non the less. How is Oda beyond reproach? Explain that one to me I'd love to see you give it a shot. Honestly, I mean at this point, you guys have made him up to be a god of story telling or something. That doesn't make sense to me. Why? Kishi and Kubo do unexpected things and you guys complain about it all of the time, right? So is the fact that it's about pirates or the weirdness of it change anything? I mean I like the weird too, but you guys take it a bit too far. And why are you saying it pulled at the heart strings a little bit? Every couple of chapters (generally like 60-about 80) Oda busts out something huge, that needs to happen to clear the pipes of the storyline. The way you can tell is by the ending and working of the ending. I mean look.

here's the ending for BB Ace outcome
    http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0000441/19.jpg

and here's the ending for 513
    http://img39.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0076762/19.jpg

Tell me that isn't the same. And you know that Oda is planning something huge with this to happen either with the elites or something.
    Do you even know what the heart strings phrase even means?

Anyways, the reason One Piece succeeds where Bleach and Naruto fail, is simple. The pacing is immensely better. You can tell he has everything thought out thoroughly and planned and are quite a bit less predictable than the super-formulaic shonen romp that N and B are.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmetal505
    Why is One Piece so good?

Because the good guys don't always win.
    (Unless of course Luffy opens Gear 4th or something)
    Naruto lost to Sasuke....twice!
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Sasuke isn't a bad guy, he's just a tool.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Sasuke isn't a bad guy, he's just a tool.
    Doesn't the same go for most of the marines in one piece?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07