Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gotwoot Awards

The Gotwoot Awards

Okay, well... I kinda had some ideas about this awhile ago, but I could never remember to post this when I was on. But, now that I've got myself thinking of it, I wanted to present an opportunity for the members of Gotwoot to be recognized for something.

Basically, what I thought was that there would be like ten or twenty categories, with nominations threads and the whole like. Maybe a sub-forum. I dunno about that just yet.

The categories that I think should be voted on would be things like 'Best Poster', 'Best Flamer', 'Best Mod'; things like that where members could nominate who they think would be the best for the title (without nominating themselves, of course). I haven't really thought out any of the details yet, but I think, with some discussion of course, that it could be something of a possibility.
    Now 99% disease free!

I don't know if anyone else will bite; but I like the idea.

Edit: Though I suppose we have already kinda been doing this with the E-Peen contest and polls in the flame pit etc. Still think it would be a pretty fun 'event' though.
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

It could be interesting indeed. More details please.

Well, like I said, I haven't really thought of everything just yet. I was actually hoping to bring this to a discussion of sorts. Let the whole community decide what to do with what. I mean, I don't want to organize the whole thing myself... that'd be entirely too much for me.
    Now 99% disease free!

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm up for it.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Well I like the idea but I'm not sure how thing are going to pan out, cause it could just end up being a big waste of time and some categories would have landslide victories. I'm sure the idea will get alot of support though, the attention whores we have here will undoubtedly love it.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Blog Entries
    Cool idea, but would it be a monthly thing?

Nah, I was thinking more like yearly. Maybe twice annually.
    Now 99% disease free!

o_O

uhhh, the only other internet forum i frequent has something like this. almost exactly like this, actually. we have it once a year on the anniversary of the forum. there are many different categories, like "best avatar", "best thread", "most creative" (*points at her sig*), "most friendly", etc etc. a mod makes a thread for nominations, and for a month or so, people nominate others (or themselves, sometimes), for the categories. then the mod makes threads for each of the categories with polls in each of them including whoever was nominated for that category. we all vote for a month or so, and then whoever gets the most votes in each category wins that award. it's a pretty sweet setup, and it's a big thing for us. we even have a sub-forum for it every year.

if someone wants to check it out some more, you can follow the link in my sig. you have to sign up to view the sub-forum, though, since it's a members-only deal.

I did one of these on mangashare a few months back...it's a fun little contest, not difficult to run at all.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm all go for the idea too. Perhaps even throw in some rather unique awards to make it more fun.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

you're just an award whore Buffalobian >.>

Anyways, i like the idea, but i'll save judgment for when i see a more complete layout. Theres always problems that can occur when you get into the details, like abdul mentioned. But then again, saman and chaos can testify that it works, so i'd be willing to give it a try.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    After recent development here, I'll put in my vote for a Gotwoot Best Couple award.

You all know who to vote for

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Well......I would think its the GW staff's job to come up with these fun little events, but they're the laziest pack on the net.

If you guys will bite though, I'll see if I can throw something together.

Kraco! You took over for Deadfire didn't you? Get to work!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Well......I would think its the GW staff's job to come up with these fun little events, but they're the laziest pack on the net.

If you guys will bite though, I'll see if I can throw something together.

Kraco! You took over for Deadfire didn't you? Get to work!
    Yeah, DF's last event went so well...oh wait, we never even finished.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Personally, I like it. It would feel nice to put some members out there to be recognized for something. And I've been itching to see some more community activities going on to liven up the place.

The only thing the mods really have to do is think of an award and the top members who qualify for it is all...perhaps Luci can photoshop us some kind of trophy for the winner too.

Should this wait until the photography contest is over? I'll gladly get started on the planning though, this would be fun.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

i'll volunteer for gathering the nods and acquiring the necessary links and images and such, if that's alright. woot participation!

Feel free to do so Saman, makes the mods job easier.

So I guess this is official now guys (Assassin, Xan, any other mod looking at this thread/post)? >.>
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

so long as the big cheese has no issues with it, im all for it. We will have to wait till the photography contest is over, but that should last a month.

NM, if you wanna take charge of this one, go ahead and get started...Saman can help you too and i'll pitch in as well once things get going.

I can also aid. I suppose that since I brought the idea up, I should at least help handle some of the load.
    Now 99% disease free!