Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Gotwoot Awards

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

My suggestion of "Most Likely to Defend Allegations Against the Overweight" didn't go over well.
    I liked that. But there's a clear winner, and I think he's still banned for like another 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    You could have a "best" noob of 2008, depending on how you look at "best"
    That easily made me think of that poster who posted the picture of DINOASAURS in that one Naruto manga thread.

Is there some way to see who's login time is the longest? That could be a "Too much free time to spend on GW" award.
    The problem with things like this is that they have a very obvious winner, with no need to nominate or vote anybody.

Most congenial poster

Most knowledgable poster (in various catagories anime, manga, science, history etc)

All around weirdest poster
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    That easily made me think of that poster who posted the picture of DINOASAURS in that one Naruto manga thread.
    This sounds hilarious. Can I get a link to that?

Also, I'd like to see an award which incorporates irc, since the irc channel is a small but active part of GotWoot. Either an irc-specific award for someone who idles in the channel, or an award voted on by the denizens of the channel to bestow upon an unsuspecting member of the forum.
    I like this idea except it would be hard to incorporate IRC users only. How would you keep non-IRC users from voting and skewing the result?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I like this idea except it would be hard to incorporate IRC users only. How would you keep non-IRC users from voting and skewing the result?
    Well, the voting could always be done on irc, with one of the mods there monitoring to make sure no one votes twice, and then report the result to the forum. Or, if you go the other direction, you could have the forum vote on the best irc quote of 2008, if you want an award to go to an irc user.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    The problem with things like this is that they have a very obvious winner, with no need to nominate or vote anybody.
    Well maybe those wouldn't really be categories. Kinda of like when you give a great actor a life achievement award in the oscars, u know?

"Most Likable, Overall Poster"?

How about "Most Positive/Negative Person on GotWoot"?
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    "Most Likable, Overall Poster"?

How about "Most Positive/Negative Person on GotWoot"?
    1. Buffa.
    2. Abdula.

Couldn't resisit.

oh..are IRC users only allowed to participate and vote?

How about we stop posting who we think the winners will be to people's suggestions?

Thanks.

Best original graphics (sig, avvy, fan work, different categories)

Most successful thread creater (not just in post count, but in ability to ignite [somewhat intelligent] discussion and interest in the community)
    Last edited by Sapphire; Sun, 01-18-2009 at 02:39 PM.

thread killer.

the person who is the most likely (according to statistics) to kill a conversation in a single thread. I.E, the guy who appears the most on the 'last post made by' column.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    thread killer.

the person who is the most likely (according to statistics) to kill a conversation in a single thread. I.E, the guy who appears the most on the 'last post made by' column.
    I like this idea. I was thinking of a similar one, but for a person who tends to turn threads into shit. Not that I have anybody in mind

DBZ's idea is more practical though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Bump with:

Best Behaviour Award: Poster who is always on topic, doesn't flame where they shouldn't, and basically follows the rules to the dot. Mightn't be very practical though, since there are MANY candidates, and well, in general, the less you post (especially in anime/manga specific threads), the easier it is to stay focused and not wander.

Best Waffler: As opposed to "The Biggest Post", this person uses the most amount of words to convey the simplest concepts. And of course, there's also the "Short & Sharp poster".

Bump with:

Best Behaviour Award: Poster who is always on topic, doesn't flame where they shouldn't, and basically follows the rules to the dot. Mightn't be very practical though, since there are MANY candidates, and well, in general, the less you post (especially in anime/manga specific threads), the easier it is to stay focused and not wander.

Best Waffler: As opposed to "The Biggest Post", this person uses the most amount of words to convey the simplest concepts. And of course, there's also the "Short & Sharp poster".
    First idea seems too similar to "Best Overall Poster" to me. But I like the second one a lot.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Do you mean Nadouku's 'overall' idea? Those two are different because following the rules doesn't necessarily mean you are likable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Do you mean Nadouku's 'overall' idea? Those two are different because following the rules doesn't necessarily mean you are likable.
    No, I was not referring to her idea.

Anyway, the Awards are undergoing revision and are still in the planning stages. We're trying not to do this half-assed.

No, I was not referring to his idea.
    Well, here's a couple more suggestions:

I'm pretty sure you probably have the "Best/Worst Moderator of GotWoot" category, but just wanted to make sure.

Something like "Best Discussion-type User" would be people who can discuss and back up their facts with proofs. Maybe a "Best Photography of GotWoot" can be implimented. I can name a lot that have quite a few good photos in their gallery.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Most helpful/resourceful poster?

One who responded and helped the most amount of requests such as "Where to find downloads", "Anime Recommendations", "Technical difficulties" and pretty much anything else other than answering "What happened here? in anime/manga discussion threads."

Or is that too close to "Best Poster" too?

I'm really running out of ideas now.

It's ok, we have enough categories anyway. Unless you think of anything amazing or beyond the obvious, don't bother suggesting anymore.

Anyway, planning of the contest is still underway. Sit tight.

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosK
    Yeah, DF's last event went so well...oh wait, we never even finished.
    F*** you, at least my events were awesome.

and I present.

Lost to the void,

A category that has the people that we still remember as members of gotwoot, that are not with us anymore or are not as active as we wish them to be.
    Last edited by Deadfire; Thu, 01-22-2009 at 12:05 PM.
    image fail!