Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Movie: Watchmen

Movie: Watchmen

Another graphic novel turned movie, from the director of 300.

Official site

Trailer

Looks to be pretty awesome...at least animation wise it will not disappoint.

The trailer also contains one of the most badass lines i've ever heard.

The world look up and shout 'Save Us'...and i'll whisper 'No'

This is gonna be a bad ass movie, you can tell visually. I never read the novel but this movie is gonna be good, I mean the creators of 300!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    When I saw the trailer for this friday before batman I thought it was the Avengers or something because I know people have been talking about them bringing together ironman, the hulk, etc... and i thought the one charactor was batman(lol) because of the DC comics logo and what not...

This was probably the 2nd most exciting trailer because Terminator : Salvation was #1 hands down

I saw the trailer for the first time and it looked really CGIey, which I typically don't like... but it still looks badass, so I totally want to see this.

I thought the girl looked like Xena. >_>

The music and trailer style remind me of an anime.. but I can't name it..
    Last edited by Sapphire; Mon, 07-21-2008 at 01:35 PM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

I wonder how many times I'm going to shake my head during this movie and think to myself, "he doesn't get it...he really doesn't get it"

The Watchmen comic took advantage of its medium and was never meant to be turned into a movie, let alone squeezed into a two and a half hour one (maybe a miniseries). Even if this was somehow doable, I don't think Snyder is the man for the job. 300 was a very atmospheric comic, which it fairly translatable. The Watchmen is complex as hell with intricate plot and long dialogs.

He'll turn it into pop bullshit. It'll be entertaining pop bullshit, but ultimately pop bullshit.
    Last edited by Everon; Mon, 07-21-2008 at 11:40 PM.

I don't know how i feel about them making watchmen into a film. Part of me is intrigued, and part of me is horrified at how much it could potentially suck.

I was considering reading the novel...but maybe i should wait till after the movie. It seems like those who've read it aren't expecting the movie to be good, and i wouldn't want a biased opinion going in.

Terrible trailer.

Did not get the point.

Movie will bomb.

you're basing that on the fact that you didn't 'get' the trailer?

Yeah.

If I don't get it, I'm guessing a lot of other people won't get it either because I'm smarter than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    I was considering reading the novel...but maybe i should wait till after the movie. It seems like those who've read it aren't expecting the movie to be good, and i wouldn't want a biased opinion going in.
    That'd be probably a good idea. Considering the length of the comic, they're going to be cutting a lot of stuff out.

It's a teaser, so they don't tell you anything.

Batman trailer was horrible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    If I don't get it, I'm guessing a lot of other people won't get it either because I'm smarter than average.
    I'll take your word for it...

I'll bet that like every other movie that comes out the trailers will show more as we get closer, plus it has super heroes, people love super heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    It's a teaser, so they don't tell you anything.
    Exactly, the point is to tease you, not tell you what the movie is about....thats kinda what the actual movie is for.

no, read Watchmen now. You won't regret it

Linkz?

In existence?

They seem to be.

My bad, guys.

Thanks for letting me know what a teaser's purpose is.

To rephrase my earlier post:

Terrible teaser.

Did not get teased at all. More like nonplussed.

Teaser bombed.
    Last edited by Stitch; Thu, 07-24-2008 at 07:26 AM.

The movie visuals are pretty faithful to the books (which was an AMAZING series...if you haven't read it, consider yourself deprived). I hope it doesn't suck.

For all factoid and MGS fans out there, Watchmen's creator just happens to be the American voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter. Relevance? None. Awesomeness? All.

Looked to be an interesting teaser. I'm definitely hyped.
    Now 99% disease free!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by python862
    For all factoid and MGS fans out there, Watchmen's creator just happens to be the American voice of Solid Snake, David Hayter. Relevance? None. Awesomeness? All.
    David Hayter wrote the screenplay. He's written for several movies.

Watchmen was written and created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

Anyway, I've never read the comic but I've been aware of the huge hype surrounding it for a few years. I think this is what will finally make me read it.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs