Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Wow, serious? Guess this is a lot more Australian than I thought.

I myself sit quite often in that position at home, but drop it in public.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

A lot of girls sit like that here, if they are trying to be girly in public. I might sit like that because my legs ache and I want them in a different position. I see guys sometimes do it, but they only look more comfortable that way.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

When I do it, it usually also involves me putting my elbow on my top thigh, and either supporting my chin with that arm, or just have my hand over the bottom half of my face in some manner. It's kind of like a habit.

I sit like that a fair bit, then again I do work in an office and it seems to be a more professional type of position. I've never heard of it being gay, though.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I sit like that a fair bit, then again I do work in an office and it seems to be a more professional type of position. I've never heard of it being gay, though.
    It's just my school then?

Man, to think I had to be that self conscious when I could have just changed schools

So seriously, No.4 position has no negative connotations elsewhere? I'm starting to feel like I've been living under a rock. Maybe a rock made out of peer pressure/manipulated info.

When I was younger it might have been like that. But only because little kids are mostly prejudice and like to make fun of whatever they can that's not acceptable to their preconceived standards.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

It was like that in my previous school... If you sat like that, you'd surely be poked by an embarrassed friend. "..Hey.. don't sit like that.. ". It hasn't really been like that for the last one and a half years though, I sit that way sometimes now.

What I don't get... why do hip-hoppers always feel the need to share their f*cking music with everyone else? They play that sh*t as loud as possible, possibly because they assume everyone else likes that sh*t. That's a baseless assumption and those people need to f*cking learn some consideration for others.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Do you mean playing the music in their automobiles? I love shooting through town blasting black metal and keep my windows down because it's cool outside. And music has to be loud as possible, there's no point in listening to it otherwise
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

I mean all the time. If you're cruising by and I have to listen to your music for 5 seconds as you pass, that's no big deal. If you park your car outside my office and blast your music, that's a problem. If you play music out loud on your computer in a shared office, that's a problem. Get some headphones, a**wipe.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I hate that too - but some sick F***s got so loud headphones that make same effect - and they destroy their ears too.
    Also i completly agree with The Heretic Azazel - driving by with metal(listening to metal here is very rare - most ppl are rap/hiphop/techno maniacs) i kinda cool.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I'm a "playing of loud music while driving" fan too. If I can hear myself talk, it's not loud enough. Difference I'm always playing something different. For example, today was Stevie Wonder/Michael Jackson. The bass break at 2:09 of Do I do can never be played too loudly.

Speaking of which, here's what I don't get:

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Thats an easy one. MJ can defy gravity, if you were black you would already know this.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Vitiligo makes you a dancing machine.

What I don't get is Joe the plumber. Joe the fucking plumber. This idiot thinks he'll get a tax break under McCain's economic policy but he won't. He wants to buy a business when he's not even licensed to do what he does. And he has the absolute nerve to go on the news show Hannity and Colmes (which is what I watch when I feel like getting pissed off) and say he was standing in his lawn minding his own business when Obama approached him. Damn America, if you're going to pick an idol of the working class and thrust them in the media spotlight, it could at least be someone who wasn't a bald neanderthal, who could articulate him/herself. The guy is eating this shit up, the media is so fucking annoying. Come to think of it, this man could be me instead, and Azazel the non-profit charity telefundraiser has a much better ring to it. I would tell it like it is.

I wish he and Palin would disappear, they make my head hurt
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

That lean seems only slightly less impossible than the David Blaine levitation illusion. Did they ever disprove either as camera or invisible string tricks?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    That lean seems only slightly less impossible than the David Blaine levitation illusion. Did they ever disprove either as camera or invisible string tricks?
    He had 2 variations: One was a simple illusion where he raised the heel of one foot, and the other foot completely, making it seem like he was floating. The other variation filmed people looking surprised as he "levitated" using a big machine to lift him up.

I recall seeing a television show explaining this, but here's a blurb on it: http://magic.about.com/od/biosonfamo...06blaine_2.htm
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Thu, 10-23-2008 at 02:42 PM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel
    Vitiligo makes you a dancing machine.

What I don't get is Joe the plumber. Joe the fucking plumber. This idiot thinks he'll get a tax break under McCain's economic policy but he won't. He wants to buy a business when he's not even licensed to do what he does. And he has the absolute nerve to go on the news show Hannity and Colmes (which is what I watch when I feel like getting pissed off) and say he was standing in his lawn minding his own business when Obama approached him. Damn America, if you're going to pick an idol of the working class and thrust them in the media spotlight, it could at least be someone who wasn't a bald neanderthal, who could articulate him/herself. The guy is eating this shit up, the media is so fucking annoying. Come to think of it, this man could be me instead, and Azazel the non-profit charity telefundraiser has a much better ring to it. I would tell it like it is.

I wish he and Palin would disappear, they make my head hurt
    It's true though.

Obama's tax policy would have my company potentially pay $100k more in taxes. We'd have to lay people off.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    It's just my school then?

Man, to think I had to be that self conscious when I could have just changed schools

So seriously, No.4 position has no negative connotations elsewhere? I'm starting to feel like I've been living under a rock. Maybe a rock made out of peer pressure/manipulated info.
    No, crossed legs has the same gay meaning here in the netherlands for some reason, i never understood why either.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    It's true though.

Obama's tax policy would have my company potentially pay $100k more in taxes. We'd have to lay people off.
    It was more a rant on the annoying media, not tax policy. I can understand that as an actual business owner, unlike the aforementioned guy whose name I will not repeat, you're having concerns about this.