Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Oh and for the person who asked. Yes she is hot
    Wut!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Well she is already in her second year, the required classes are already out of the way and she has to declare this year.
    She's in Orgo chem then? Psych through Bio/Chem etc basically have the same prereqs, so she can easily do a double major. I know someone who almost decided to major in Chem/Bio/Econ because to a certain point they have similar classes. She could always go to NYU Gallatin and take whatever she wants and make her own major. =P (Several people do this, like my friend is majoring in technology and society, thus taking sociology, chemistry, physics, math, and psychology courses, and another is majoring in like comic books, so business and art classes, and Japanese)
    Last edited by Sapphire; Tue, 10-21-2008 at 11:25 AM.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Oh? You go to NYU Sapphire?

<- High School slacker/dumbass, going to St. John's (You might not know what it is, since it's a meh Uni).

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Oh? You go to NYU Sapphire?

<- High School slacker/dumbass, going to St. John's (You might not know what it is, since it's a meh Uni).
    I don't know much about it, but I think people mention it sometimes. How is it?

It's aight, the only really good program here is the Pharmacy one and Law.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    Wut!
    Someone actually asked if she was hot in a rep
    She's in Orgo chem then?
    Just about to start but she doesn't seem to be too interested in it.
    make her own major. =P (Several people do this, like my friend is majoring in technology and society, thus taking sociology, chemistry, physics, math, and psychology courses, and another is majoring in like comic books, so business and art classes, and Japanese)
    That option is an option but the problem is her indecisiveness. Anyway like I said enough about her.

@ Animus: Manhattan?
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Naw, I live in Manhattan, but I commute to Queens.

Let's keep this thread clean folks, back on topic or some moderator will have to do his job, and we don't want that.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Oh crap.. I thought this was the FP! lol

What I don't get...

.....School!

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Naw, I live in Manhattan, but I commute to Queens.
    Really why? Actually you don't have to answer. I know someone who went to Manhattan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Let's keep this thread clean folks, back on topic or some moderator will have to do his job, and we don't want that.
    I thought this thread was in the pit. They could just move it to the college thread.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Zomg animus we live like three miles apart! (more or less)

Zomg animus we live like three miles apart! (more or less)
    Nice, we can go and fight crime.

Which campus do you go to? I was at 8th and Broadway earlier preordering a game from GameStop.

omg~~ Yeah my campus is right there in Washington Square Park. I live on 14th.

Alright, that's enough. This isn't a thread about your colleges/universities. Unless you don't get the location of your own school, which would be something inexcusable.

Sorry.

I don't get why some fangirls speak in high pitched tones and kawaiiness even though it's real life.. XD

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Because they think it makes them look cute. I know someone who does that, and others who ball their fists up and place them in front of their mouths when they get excited.

It's obnoxious in anime, and it's even more obnoxious in real life.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    What I don't get:

Crossed legs. Hollywood will have us believe that a man sitting like that is either:

a) gay
    b) bi
    c) both

Being the American followers that Australians are, it's also the general consensus here, and I'm pretty sure it's happening in other places. However, this practice has no such connotations in Europe and Asian cultures as far as I'm aware of.

Seriously, it's not like crossing your legs means you've got smaller balls or dick anyway. Even if you do, that says nothing about your sexual orientation. So how did crossing your legs become something only feminine beings should do?

I don't get it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I don't know about other guys, but crossing my legs is hella uncomfortable.

I've been doing that a lot lately for some reason, its weird I know but I just find myself in that position alot, I actually am sitting like that right now. I prefer the figure 4 position though but I always end up like this.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I find the figure 4 position makes my knees ache after a short time. I like crossing my legs because the pressure on the legs seems to take pressure off my back.

As for it being a gay thing, I've never really heard that. I think it's something sophisticated or people in good shape do (usually hand in hand in the metrosexual crowd). Imagine your average 250 lb construction worker trying to cross his legs like that.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

This is the first time I've heard such a claim as well. I'm not any breakdown case needing to fidget all the time but still I like to change my sitting position every now and then and crossing your legs is just one way of doing it. And of course if it's cold where you are sitting it's more comfortable, and I belong to those people who feel cold easily.