Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

joaquin phoenix wants to be a rapper, there is a documentary movie about it. Worst thing ever, had to stop watching it, wanted to kill myself if it continued.

there are a few but not many documented, good publicist
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

I don't know if this makes me a horrible person, but I read this: http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily....ures-in-korea/ and it bored the shit out of me. I feel like I should empathize with this woman, but I don't. Those are not adventures; they are "boring episodes in her life".

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    They weren't exactly mentally taxing episodes of life, so I'm with you here rockman. I'm currently being taught that empathy is a skill, not an emotional synchronisation. I don't have to feel what she's thinking. I just have to know, accept and acknowledge it.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The first thing my new roommate asked me upon moving in was "would you be willing to move out?"

>.>
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    The first thing my new roommate asked me upon moving in was "would you be willing to move out?"

>.>
    LOL!! Sounds like the beginning of an awesome sitcom. She probably just had some friends in mind she hoped to live with.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

She did.

I said "maybe" because I was too surprised and needed to process the request later. Obviously, it's a no. -_-

To be fair, I don't think she knew I'd been living in this room for a better part of a year. Though it certainly looks lived in.

She did.

I said "maybe" because I was too surprised and needed to process the request later. Obviously, it's a no. -_-

To be fair, I don't think she knew I'd been living in this room for a better part of a year. Though it certainly looks lived in.
    Clear up the response as soon as possible. If you mean no, say no. That "maybe" will allow you to be troubled by her for some time to come, as well as waste her effort in organising her friend over in anticipation for this "possible" scenario. (if you want to be somewhat considerate and think about the other person. Personally I just don't care about the second half)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    They weren't exactly mentally taxing episodes of life, so I'm with you here rockman. I'm currently being taught that empathy is a skill, not an emotional synchronisation. I don't have to feel what she's thinking. I just have to know, accept and acknowledge it.
    Also, maybe I am biased, but I did actually have adventures there, and am currently writing about them. Her writing skill just isn't up to snuff, IMO.

That's rather interesting. My first reaction would have certainly been a no in such a situation, unless I had seriously considered moving to a better or otherwise more suitable place. What psychological condition would prompt you to say maybe? Was she two meters tall, full of muscles, carrying a bloody mace, and with barbarian face paintings, or something?

In the rare event that someone ambushes me with an important-yet-completely-unexpected question, I'll answer neutrally and process the question later.

If I think about it, I am neutral on ALL issues unless I get a chance to actively think about it. Biggest example is politics, I was the neutralest person you could imagine until after Obama got elected. I just absorbed what everyone was saying and let it stew until I finally figured out it was all a sham. I think I described myself as "moderate slightly liberal but I get where the right is coming from" until then.

Another example is friends. I'm neutral towards everyone and see them as a potential friend unless something happens to fuck it up.

After I think whatever issue through, I usually stand by it because I've thought it through in my head. It may be why I naturally dislike people who talk out of their ass (and argue for the sake of arguing even if they're wrong).

I'll try to remember to pause and think things out more and give a concrete answer to an absurd request if something like that happens again.
    Last edited by Sapphire; Sat, 01-21-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Wow, the NFL has some pretty draconian rules over broadcasting its content. Since I don't have a TV and wanted to get some work done, I tried to find an internet radio feed of the NFL playoffs. There does not seem to be one. That seems kind of crazy to me that something like that is not easy to find.

edit: I found one, but it was not that easy.

Sapphi is a chicken, or the girl looked like Orochimaru hence the maybe.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    Nickelback sucking is really a shame. I kind of liked them when they released Silver Side Up and the single "How You Remind Me", but then future singles kind of turned me off. A couple of years later, my brother (who's a fan) had me listen to a bunch of their songs and I was actually blown away by their versatility. They managed to do good pop songs, good ballads, and even good songs with raw savagery. I decided to give them a chance. Then I started hearing a number of songs that were essentially the same as other songs, and that annoyed me to no end. Nickelback is one of those bands that I'll just have to listen to on a song by song case, because I really like some of their songs, but I cannot purchase their albums.
    Some more Nickelback hate from tosh.0's blog with the caption: [cheap anti-theft device]

rock-n-roll-will-never-die.jpg

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

My glorious new roommate went to the RA because my desk is messy. Even my RA knows it's an agenda to get her other friend into the room.

Should I a) pretend nothing is wrong and continue to be friendly or b) ignore the bitch?

Either way I'm writing a pre-emptive letter about her harassment to the head of housing.

Hopefully you're cool with the RA and that you're keeping notes of what's been going on. I don't think referring to your forum posts will be a good way to make your case if it goes to arbitration.

Maybe it's a sign you should move to an apartment or find some other living situation? The universe works in mysterious ways.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

My glorious new roommate went to the RA because my desk is messy. Even my RA knows it's an agenda to get her other friend into the room.

Should I a) pretend nothing is wrong and continue to be friendly or b) ignore the bitch?

Either way I'm writing a pre-emptive letter about her harassment to the head of housing.
    Wow, that bitch really is on a serious mission. I vote (a) since ignoring her could be interpreted as a form of hostility and could be used against you....but don't be too nice. Say "hello" but don't ask her how she is.

What's really sad is that if she and her friend do end up living together in such close quarters, they'll most likely end up hating each other.

Get the bitch kicked out.

If not possible, leave.

It's like getting served shitty food. Get it changed or leave. Don't punish yourself by putting up with it.

I'm reporting everything to the head of housing. She's barely in the room anyway (and I'm out of the room a lot) so I don't care. Bitch ain't gunna push me around, though. I have WAY more important shit to worry about.

I told my dad, he's like "WTF ignore her, we got other things to worry about".

I'm reporting everything to the head of housing. She's barely in the room anyway (and I'm out of the room a lot) so I don't care. Bitch ain't gunna push me around, though. I have WAY more important shit to worry about.

I told my dad, he's like "WTF ignore her, we got other things to worry about".
    He's not the one getting harassed, or at risk of being harassed though.

"Other things to worry about" means there are other things more worthy of your attention/time.. but it doesn't mean that the current matter must be ignored. You're expressed concerns of escalation regarding the way she's bitching. It'll get onto your nerve sooner or later, affecting your emotions/time/energy on these "other matters".

The fact that she's only new and already causing trouble works towards your advantage, along with the RA's bad impression of her. Letting her settle in makes it harder to kick her out later.