Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

Why is it that items that are only available online still get charged tax if there is a store location in state? If you can only get it online, then why do you have to pay taxes for it? Seems unfair.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Why is it that items that are only available online still get charged tax if there is a store location in state? If you can only get it online, then why do you have to pay taxes for it? Seems unfair.
    The state has to get that tax no matter what; unless it is one of the states without sales taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    The state has to get that tax no matter what; unless it is one of the states without sales taxes.
    They need to rethink that rule. If the only way I can get a product is online, then I shouldn't have to pay local sales taxes on that product. That would only be fair.

What I don't get is, why do people seem to think poorly of Tim Tebow's football skills? I haven't seen him play much, but watching him in today's game, he's pretty good.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

They need to rethink that rule. If the only way I can get a product is online, then I shouldn't have to pay local sales taxes on that product. That would only be fair.

What I don't get is, why do people seem to think poorly of Tim Tebow's football skills? I haven't seen him play much, but watching him in today's game, he's pretty good.
    He is not great in the pocket, and his throwing arm is pretty bad; but he is indeed doing well this game.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    He is not great in the pocket, and his throwing arm is pretty bad; but he is indeed doing well this game.
    He's young, learning how to play in the pocket will take time, but he's always a threat to run when the pocket collapses. I think people are hating because of the displays of his religiousness.

He's young, learning how to play in the pocket will take time, but he's always a threat to run when the pocket collapses. I think people are hating because of the displays of his religiousness.
    Well, he is good at winning games, but the main criticism has been his throwing. It can be quite wobbly for a professional-level QB. I guess as long as the Broncos play good defense and he keeps pulling wins out is ass, things will go well. I don't care too much about all the god stuff. My main beef has always been with his arm.

He threw 3 touchdowns today But he's still young, and still thinking of running too much. He needs better field vision and to work on his passing. His completion percentage is atrocious.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    I don`t get the hate for the group Nickelback, i mean i`m not the biggest fan or anything, i heard about 3 songs from them and i enjoy them, but i don`t get why they deserve so much internet bashing, it`s as if i woke up someday and hating them was the "IN" thing, wtf is up with that?
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

I'm with you. I like some of their songs, they seem like a decent rock band. I think the internet masses just pick someone/something to hate on to direct their energies and give them something to do.

The reason for hate is well deserved and well documented. Not only do all their songs sound the same in general, some of them actually are mostly the same components with different lyrics.

Aerosmith's songs sound so much alike they did a parody of it on SNL, but no one hates them as much as they hate Nickelback. Haters gonna hate I guess.

When was that SNL skit?

Yes, lots of bands have songs that all sound the same. Same for pop princesses and R&B music. It's been happening for decades. The reason Nickleback got all the hate is because they hit the Top 40 at the wrong time. The accessibility of Internet and later the popularity of Youtube made it easy for the comparisons to be made and spread quickly.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Nickelback sucking is really a shame. I kind of liked them when they released Silver Side Up and the single "How You Remind Me", but then future singles kind of turned me off. A couple of years later, my brother (who's a fan) had me listen to a bunch of their songs and I was actually blown away by their versatility. They managed to do good pop songs, good ballads, and even good songs with raw savagery. I decided to give them a chance. Then I started hearing a number of songs that were essentially the same as other songs, and that annoyed me to no end. Nickelback is one of those bands that I'll just have to listen to on a song by song case, because I really like some of their songs, but I cannot purchase their albums.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I loved How You Remind Me when I heard it on the radio back in 2001, so when I got their CD I was so disappointed with the entire thing that I couldn't ever take them seriously again. Especially this part from the very first song on the album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCgjFsHvoPc#t=2m36s

"Kickin yer ass would be a pleasure"

No other song showcases the childish false bravado of their frontman/lyricist. "She's just a woman"?? Really?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

What I don't get is Actors wanting to be Rappers and there being documentaries about it. What the hell are they that bored?
    Last edited by dragonrage; Thu, 01-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    What I don't get is Actors wanting to be Rappers and there being documentaries about it. What the hell are they that bored?
    Can you name some for reference? It still can't be as bad as rappers who want to be actors. The only one who has really made a mildly successful move to acting is Ludacris, which is funny because he's a terrible rapper.

The only one who has really made a mildly successful move to acting is Ludacris, which is funny because he's a terrible rapper.
    Queen Latifah, Mark Wahlberg, Mos Def, Ice Cube, Ice T don't ring any bells?

Queen Latifah, you got me there, but the others? Marky Mark was not a legit rapper. Mos Def and Cube aren't legit actors. Plus you could take Mark Wahlberg out of almost all of his movies and those movies would have been better for it.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Donald Glover from Community fame. He's "Childish Gambino"
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Also, Omar Epps and the late Heavy D (Dwight Myers). I have yet to name any actors gone rapper.

Edit: Common, LL Cool J, Will Smith, RZA...
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Fri, 01-20-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.