Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Definitely, story and gameplay are quite good, but atmosphere is the show stealer. The atmosphere is quite tightly intertwined with the story actually.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Played the demo, it's pretty intense. I'm not the kind of person who can get completely lost in a game or movie's atmosphere and story, so I might not get the full effect. But this game did have my heart racing at times.

I like the disclaimer at the start of the game... "don't play to win the game, play to get immersed in the role and story".

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

What I don't get is... was The Big Bang Theory ever such a hit show that now both Fox and TBS are both playing the show in syndication, apparently multiple times a day?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

apparently it is. as always with comedies, their success is inverse to how much I enjoy them: I liked the idea and the first season, and it was mildly successful. I hate the later season that revolve around Sheldon (the guy who wins the awards) and they seem to be the greatest hit on TV nowadays.

(second of course, to two and a half men. which I don't think counts as a comedy)

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Yeah, here's a quote on the show's success taken from wikipedia, they also have the ratings there.

"The Big Bang Theory has been highly rated since its premiere. During its fourth season, it became television's highest rated comedy, just barely beating out eight-year champ Two and a Half Men. However, in the age 14-49 demographic (the show's target age range), it was the second highest rated comedy, behind ABC's Modern Family."
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Modern Family... ah yes, apparently if you take 3 horribly cliched ideas and put them together, you get an original one.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash! View Post
    Modern Family... ah yes, apparently if you take 3 horribly cliched ideas and put them together, you get an original one.
    I think that's part of the concept of the show... 3 disparate scenarios that normally constitute 3 different sitcoms mixed together to see weirdos in one cliched situation react to the weirdos in another.

Works for me, I like the show, though I haven't seen episode 20 something of the first season.

Do people really fap to facebook photos? I keep hearing about this in various fictional stories and cannot believe that people would actually do that (and if they do, admit it to people).

It's just another layer of social networking. I've seen plenty of "hot girls from facebook" image libraries on sites like The Chive. Some of them are pretty hot. I guess it's not much different from enjoying a Victoria's secret catalog.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    Do people really fap to [insert basically anything here]?
    Yes.

Have you not met people?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Did the USA actually land on the moon? I haven't been able to sort out all the conspiracy theories as to whether they are more factual or fictitious.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Yes, we did. Multiple times. At incredible cost and expense.

If the Chinese or Indians have good enough cameras on board their probes, they should also be able to spot the landing sites. Oh wait, India already did that with their probe.

edit: I'm hoping the Chinese give landing on the moon a go as well. That'll be cool.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sat, 10-01-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Re-watched Quantum of Solace, the latest Bond movie, and it's much better than people give it credit for. I thought the underlying story was strong and the action was great. Not sure why so many dismissed the movie when it came out.

Why do old people keep repeating themselves?

Do they really forget they just told me something like... a minute ago? Sometimes they can say the same thing 4+ times in a 10 minute conversation (though it felt like hours).

Just wait until you are as old as they. With all the canned food and booze you consume, you'll be lucky if you remember any stories to tell in the first place, not only if you have already told them before.

I just assume that by that point Buff will just become some sort of half machine/half junk food creature whose sole purpose is to consume more.

But yeah, people are afraid of getting old for a reason. Apparently, it's very easy for your brain to stop functioning properly if you neglect to constantly use it during your senior years. I know many of my dad close friends who constantly work in their late 60's and 70's despite being wealthy. They're afraid that they'll become senile if they don't keep their brain active by keeping busy.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Mon, 10-10-2011 at 03:47 AM.

I don't get why ebay sellers limit themselves to delivering only within their country. You obviously want to sell something, so the bigger the market the better. Simply reflect your costs in the postage. Now you get people who can't sell something, and you get people who can't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    I just assume that by that point Buff will just become some sort of half machine/half junk food creature whose sole purpose is to consume more.

But yeah, people are afraid of getting old for a reason. Apparently, it's very easy for your brain to stop functioning properly if you neglect to constantly use it during your senior years. I know many of my dad close friends who constantly work in their late 60's and 70's despite being wealthy. They're afraid that they'll become senile if they don't keep their brain active by keeping busy.
    Just a note: the truly awful thing about senility is that this doesn't prevent it. Sometimes the dice just roll the wrong way biologically and your brain eats itself alive.

Also, yes, we went to the moon. If you have access to powerful Earth-bound telescopes, you could check out all the shit we left up there. The only "conspiracy" that is true about it is that the Moon race was obviously just an extension of the arms race and was being conducted to find a possible military advantage in space, which is barely even a secret, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Y View Post
    The only "conspiracy" that is true about it is that the Moon race was obviously just an extension of the arms race and was being conducted to find a possible military advantage in space, which is barely even a secret, really.
    True, but strangely, the US signed a treaty to keep weapons of mass destruction out of LEO and outer space with the USSR long before the US landed on the moon, or even orbited it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    I don't get why ebay sellers limit themselves to delivering only within their country. You obviously want to sell something, so the bigger the market the better. Simply reflect your costs in the postage. Now you get people who can't sell something, and you get people who can't buy it.
    I ask him, and he replied:

Quote Originally Posted by ebay seller
    Sorry, no international postage.

>_>...