Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: What I don't get...

Banned
    Thanks for the information, Buffalobiian!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    However, highly selective COX-2 inhibitors will cause increased levels of pro-clotting factors, increasing the risk of stroke.
    Hmm... that's interesting. Not knowing the differences can be really life threatening.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Bill, did/are you finished/ going at some kind of chemical/medical studies?
    I don't get why people sometimes get Christmas hype 3 months before it.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadouku
    Hmm... that's interesting. Not knowing the differences can be really life threatening.
    It sure is. Good thing is that national governing bodies like the FDA in the US and the TGA in Australia keep an eye out for these things and take them off the market as soon as the risks are deemed unacceptable. The ones out there are relatively safe, except if you've got a past history of strokes maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzuu
    Thanks for the information, Buffalobiian!
    No problem. I hoped it made sense. I was trying to make it informative without loading on jargon. Googling any terms should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Bill, did/are you finished/ going at some kind of chemical/medical studies?
    Yeah, I'm half way through a 4 year Pharmacy degree. NM's doing one too, so maybe he can pick out anything I missed (if he signs in )

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    I don't get why people sometimes get Christmas hype 3 months before it.
    Because there's nothing better to do? (I don't know ). Here, we've got a general rule of not decorating your house in Xmas stuff before December, or it's unlucky. I think that's just to keep the kids quiet a little longer though.

I don't mind the earlier hype. Hopefully store will start their Xmas discounts earlier too.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I think i will go at IT or physics and maths after finishing high school.
    and i also don't get why guys from biological-chemical class(biol-chem in short) are all weirdos in Poland, i haven't met any normal person from this type of class.(same thing can be said 'bout maths-science but we are f****d up in the right way ^^)
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I don't get why my body hair ranges from jet black to medium brown....

good to know, bill. good to know.

i don't get how people can be such babies sometimes.

Why are "diet" drinks more dangerous than a regular drink (Coke versus Diet Coke)?

Bah. I bet there are 99% more people dying of cardiovascular diseases due to being overweight than any possible poisonings or carcinogenic effects caused by artificial sweeteners.

I don't drink amazing amounts of sodas, but when I do, I mainly drink light versions, and will continue to. I get energy plentifully enough without needing to get it from something I drink. Water doesn't contain energy, so soda doesn't need it either.

If you are going to drink some "light" product, at least drink coca cola zero, it has about half of the sweeteners cola light has, and it tastes almost like regular cola, instead of that shitty cola light taste.

That said I rarely drink cola, don't think it tastes that good in the first place
    -----------------

Water is the best, and fresh juices!
    But i have to admit - i like pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Bah. I bet there are 99% more people dying of cardiovascular diseases due to being overweight than any possible poisonings or carcinogenic effects caused by artificial sweeteners.
    Hmm, that is true, but I'm just curious why they're more potentially health dangerous than regular drinks. Someone said they put in excessive amount of "something" to make it 0 calories... and the side-effects are detrimental to your health.

I don't drink amazing amounts of sodas, but when I do, I mainly drink light versions, and will continue to. I get energy plentifully enough without needing to get it from something I drink. Water doesn't contain energy, so soda doesn't need it either.
    What are some of the names of the drinks that you drink?

I mainly drink juice, but that might be a preference when I was little, to be honest.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I almost stopped colas from the time when foam began to want to go up my throat and out.
    That's an incredibly awful sensation, not particularly painful, just awful.
    I guess that sometimes what you have in your stomach just produces a strong reaction where gazes are produced too quickly when cola goes there, creating the effect.

Much like the mentos/coca effect I guess.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I stopped drinking colas almost 10 years ago, when a gf said how bad it was for you. It really is just empty calories. Of course, I love fruit juices but they are so often so processed and sugary that they are almost as bad as colas, but you can't remove all bad stuff from your diet. Now I mostly drink tea and juice.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I stopped drinking colas almost 10 years ago, when a gf said how bad it was for you. It really is just empty calories. Of course, I love fruit juices but they are so often so processed and sugary that they are almost as bad as colas.
    I used to drink V8 Splash (and then V8 fusion) all the time until I realized how much sugar they put in that stuff.

Like you, I also gave up drinking sodas. I didn't ever try drinking Diet sodas as a replacement, mainly because I think most of them taste awful, and then because after about 1 week I really didn't miss sodas at all. They're just not good (unless they've got enough vodka in them). However, I really don't buy into the whole
    "artificial sweeteners causing cancer" deal. There's literally just as much evidence against it as there is for it. The issue will be debated for centuries, so I wouldn't buy into the scare.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I used to drink V8 Splash (and then V8 fusion) all the time until I realized how much sugar they put in that stuff.

Like you, I also gave up drinking sodas. I didn't ever try drinking Diet sodas as a replacement, mainly because I think most of them taste awful, and then because after about 1 week I really didn't miss sodas at all. They're just not good (unless they've got enough vodka in them). However, I really don't buy into the whole
    "artificial sweeteners causing cancer" deal. There's literally just as much evidence against it as there is for it. The issue will be debated for centuries, so I wouldn't buy into the scare.
    I drink plenty of regular V8, haven't checked nutritional information on it though.

I'm the same about diet versions of drinks, never liked how they taste. I don't care about the artificial sweeteners concerns either. It was and is purely a sugar/calorie deal for me.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

It's only until recently that I've tasted the difference between diet and regular cola. I guess myself as a 7year old couldn't taste the difference, followed by a "no-cola" policy until a few years ago.

Really, I think if it's that carcinogenic, they'd remove it off the market. They do it with drugs, they'll do it with food.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I drink plenty of regular V8, haven't checked nutritional information on it though.
    V8 Splash and V8 fusion are for people who still want to drink a lot of sugar, but still want to maintain the illusion that they're eating "healthy". I would assume regular V8 doesn't have much sugar. Something like 0 to 5% maybe??

But yeah, everyone should cut out sodas from their diet eventually.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    regular v8 is lower on sugar and fairly low-cal, but it's sodium city. You're much better off getting your vegetables in vegetable form...

I gave up soda when I moved out of the dorms and started having to pay for my drinks. That shit's expensive... seriously.

But..... sodas are great with a spicy meal..... or hot ramen
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。