Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam 00: Second Season

Gundam 00: Second Season

Some information for the second season for those interested.

The official Japanese website for the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 science-fiction anime series has updated with new pages for the second season. The story page now describes the premise of the second season, which will premiere in October on Sundays at 5:00 p.m. The character profiles of the four Gundam Meister pilots have been updated in the wake of the first season's ending. The mechanical descriptions for the new 00 Gundam, Keldim Gundam, Arios Gundam, and Selavii Gundam mobile suit mecha have also been posted. The official American website launched earlier this week, and the first season will premiere in the United States on November 17.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...season-details

Well, just 3 more months to go.....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

It says that the character profiles have been updated and everyone's still around of the pilots, so is suppose somehow everyone survived or does it actually say KIA in the description?
    I'm only drinking on days beginning with a T, tuesday, thursday, today, tomorrow, thaturday, thunday

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Since the ages have all been updated (you generally don't increase the age of dead people), and that Lockon's entry seems to say he pilots the Keldim Gundam, I think they're all alive.

As long as they don't give some BS reason, I'm glad Lockon's back. They could make my day better by keeping Hallelujah. I love that guy's crazy style.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 07-15-2008 at 10:06 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Hmm i never even noticed the ages having an update, and i'm glad as well lockon is back. But still i'd rather have it that atleast one of the pilots was dead.
    I'm only drinking on days beginning with a T, tuesday, thursday, today, tomorrow, thaturday, thunday

All the pilots being back must mean Ali will be back in business as well. Honestly, I care more about seeing that crazy bastard than any of the Gundam pilots.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    Part of me hopes that Lockon is still dead...despite the fact that I am a huge fan of him. He was ontop of a part of the GN Armor that exploded. Then again...Graham was shown at the end of the first season with a mask because he was supposed to be KIA against Exia.

Let's not forget that Lockon Stratos is a Celestial Being codename. Neil Dylandy, the last owner we saw, did have a (evil?) twin brother named Lyle who could conceivably have been recruited into the organization as well. Why else would Neil/Lockon's mysterious, vaguely hinted at brother be his twin instead of just look similar to him?

Of course this doesn't stand up in the face of the Mu La Flaga Gambit.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Tue, 07-15-2008 at 02:24 PM.

Lockon had better be fucking dead. He was such a great character, and it would almost ruin the end of the first season if I find out he's alive.

The only one that is confirmed dead in S1 is Lockon. Nobody else exploded or something. Allelujah was hurt and with Hallelujah disappearing, you can get the idea he could die too, but it isn't confirmed.
    Tieria was in no dying condition , so he should be able to survive. Sure he collapsed, but he wasn't wounded or anything. Not to mention he doesn't really look like a normal human to me.
    Setsuna shouldn't be dead either. The beam saber missed him, so the only harm he could have is severe burns.
    The message that Marina got could have been sent by Setsuna himself before the battle.

Ali is alive, we saw him at the end of ep 25. In what state he is in is unknown. You only see enough of him to know it is him.
    --

The only 'Mwu' of 00 can be Lockon in my eyes. I also think he is a cool person, but if you kill someone off like that, don't make him come back. Looking at the picture on the official site, I'd say it's him. I doubt they will give a possible twin the same codename. I doubt the other meisters will accept that.

Where did you find the names of the new suits?

Quote Originally Posted by Harima Kenji
    The only one that is confirmed dead in S1 is Lockon.
    --
    Where did you find the names of the new suits?
    By following Munsu's link.

Lockon was the person most likely to be dead from season 1. The most convincing reason being he died a few episodes short of the ending episodes. During that time, no signs of his successful rescue was shown, and we the audience automatically assume he's dead by default.

Also, his manner of dying had the highest danger. He wasn't on the GN cannon when he died. He was knocked off that when he sniped Ali. He was within the blast radius when it blew, and more likely than not, he should be shrapnelled like hell. If he wasn't though, the expanding gas would have knocked him somewhere off the charts, which the writers could use to explain, abeit poorly, that they couldn't find him till after the battle.

As for the new suits, nothing looks markedly different except the new Exia. Double GN drives is kind of cool. Only thing about that is, it makes it seem on a totally different level to the other suits, which means our focus will be even more based on Setsuna, something which I'm not particularly in favour of.

Who do you think will replace lockon?

Quote Originally Posted by oyabin
    Who do you think will replace lockon?
    Me? I'm not sure if Lockon's dead. If there's one Meister to be dead, it'd be him.
    I personally think he's alive. If he is, then there wasn't much point in introducing Lyle (who would be his replacement should he be dead.)

Still....weird that they were never shown together. Someone mentioned once in the Gdm00 thread that it could have all from Niel's perspective, as in through Niel's eyes, looking at everybody + Lyle.

Here's the Gundam 00 S2 commercial that aired with last week's Code Geass R2 preview. No new footages save the last few seconds, but the music really pulls it together.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    like yukimura said: Lockon Stratos is a codename.

plus, Lockon has a twin. he's in the scene at Lockon's parents graves.

and, if it isn't the twin (which is really a pretty lame plot-twist anyway), then that shit is craptacular as hell. the only good part of how S1 ended was Lockon's death.

Ali will be back. Mark my words.

And, even though I'm glad that the other three are back (there's still alot more to do with them), I'm really dismayed about Hal not being around. A split personality character could be enough material for an entire 26 episode series, and I think that, aside from Hal being badass as hell, the entire Hal/Al split personality thing was really pretty weak.

i wonder if i'll be able to watch this show down in Kansai...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masamuneehs
    the only good part of how S1 ended was Lockon's death.
    Oh come on, it wasn't he only good part. It was simply the only amazing There were a few other good scenes.

I think Lockon will be back into a Cyborg evil bullshit in order to fight his twin seen in the flashback. Japanese are twisted when it comes to plot, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Just hope Ali comes back and kick some serious ass.

Peek at dual-wielding Exia while October approaches.

original: http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/sc...st/item193326/

nice picture, but i dont believe that one is Exia. i think its the prototype gundam that wats his face saw in the 1st episode, the reason he became a g pilot.

According to MAHQ it is the 00 Gundam..
    The one Setsuna saw in the first episode was the 0 Gundam. You can clearly see that in ep 21

edit: hmz. it even says on the image that it is the 00 Gundam
    Last edited by Harima Kenji; Fri, 07-25-2008 at 11:45 AM.