Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sekirei

Some interesting events in this episode, even though not that much action yet. Next ep should be good in any case.

Kuu continues to be funny. Trying to compete with Musubi and Tsukiumi to get Minato to stare at her (lack of) boobs... And then warming up for a fight. Well, I won't say she has no power but otherwise it's so hilarious how a kid tries to behave like the vixens around her.

Other than that I hope Minato's sister and the sekirei soon get their contract finished. Maybe they will bump into someone and are forced to fight, thus needing the contract to win (or just escape). It's kind of tiresome to have them continue in this state where some scumbag ashikabi could snatch the unwinged sekirei away suddenly, plus having an unwinged sekirei probably means less chances for a fight. And this series could use some more fights already, as funny as those quarrels between sekirei can be.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Uzume's secrets revealing little by little. It looks like she's blackmailed by the Disciplinary Unit just to save her Ashikabi. Why does having "little time" matter I don't know. My only guess is that the faster she finishes this game and have her wish, the more likely her Ashikabi will survive.

And Kuu does steal most of the laughs.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

The guy Uzume met with at the hospital is not the same Ashikabi as the one who was driving the Black Sekirei around. He is a separate Ashikabi, who does not appear to have any connection to MBI. Though he is still blackmailing her for medical care. He seems tied to the hospital somehow, perhaps a director?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    The guy Uzume met with at the hospital is not the same Ashikabi as the one who was driving the Black Sekirei around. He is a separate Ashikabi, who does not appear to have any connection to MBI. Though he is still blackmailing her for medical care. He seems tied to the hospital somehow, perhaps a director?
    I wasn't thinking he was the same guy who drove #04 around, but I did think he was also part of the MBI force, since it was they who were interested in taking down the run-away Sekirei.

I guess that explains a fair bit then. To add to her mystery, the "hospital director", lets say, said something about her being worked on by someone, and hence her abilities. That "someone" wasn't the director of MBI was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I guess that explains a fair bit then. To add to her mystery, the "hospital director", lets say, said something about her being worked on by someone, and hence her abilities. That "someone" wasn't the director of MBI was he?
    I'm not sure where you are going with this. Uzume is a Sekirei. All of them have abilities of some sort or another.

What proves Uzume has zero connection to MBI is how she leaves her victims for dead. That's one of the rules the sekirei abide by, as MBI picks them up after the fight is over. Tsukiumi was bitching about this the whole episode.

As for the MBI director, MBI is the source of all Sekirei because Minaka and Takami are the ones who found the spaceship full of them (or whatever it was).

I'm not sure where you are going with this. Uzume is a Sekirei. All of them have abilities of some sort or another.
    I was referring to when he said "As expected from one worked on by ******** himself."

That hints there's something really strong about Uzume and her abilities. I was simply wondering what significance ********* would have had.

I guess I should have said ".....and hence her more powerful abilities"
    (Sorry, I can't look up name right now)

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I guess I should have said ".....and hence her more powerful abilities"
    (Sorry, I can't look up name right now)
    Fortunately, I can.

Asama Takehito, Miya's "husband" (Sekirei seem to like to use that term whether Miya's is actually true or not) and the previous owner of Izumo House. Friends with Seo, and probably friends with Minaka. The hospital guy (who works under Higa, the blond creepy Ashikabi that is stalking Shiina and Yukari) just meant she was one of the Sekirei living at Izumo House.

Not that Chihiro is known for accuracy, but they used "holding on to" instead of "worked on." I'll have to check with the manga to see what they used there.

As a side note, any thoughts on Kuno? She's normally the character type I hate, but for some reason (probably due to her seiyuu) I kind of like how totally worthless she is. There's plenty of klutzy behavior, and the pun with her name makes me laugh.

(Her ashikabi describes her as "munou" = incompetent, and she retorts that her name is "Kuno")

EDIT:
    The manga uses "taking care of," so I assume he was just referring to her residency at Izumo House while Takehito was alive.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 08-31-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Asama Takehito, Miya's "husband" (Sekirei seem to like to use that term whether Miya's is actually true or not) and the previous owner of Izumo House. Friends with Seo, and probably friends with Minaka. The hospital guy (who works under Higa, the blond creepy Ashikabi that is stalking Shiina and Yukari) just meant she was one of the Sekirei living at Izumo House.

Not that Chihiro is known for accuracy, but they used "holding on to" instead of "worked on." I'll have to check with the manga to see what they used there.
    correction:

Higa is not the creepy blond Ashikabi that is stalking Yukari and Shiina. Higa is someone completely different. Creepy blond Ashikabi is Hayato Mikogami. We have never seen Higa's face (unless he was pretending to be someone else maybe?)

As a side note, Sekirei 10 is out by Chihiro, but I know no one else cares. It explains who all these people are quite plainly.

Ep 10 was very good because of the explanations of who controls what. As soon as I saw Minato pick up the phone when Sao mentioned money I knew who he was dialing... I thought that call was hysterical. Was also good to see the landlady knock Tskumi down a couple pegs.

So far this series has been better than what I was expecting. Maybe that's just because I set the bar low after reading the original synopsis.

In all honesty, I was almost sure they dropped this. So glad I'm wrong:

[Titanium] Sekirei - 09 [H264][1280x720][8704B3D8].mkv
    [Titanium] Sekirei - 09 [H264][704x400][FA9387F1].mkv

Last edited by Marik; Thu, 09-18-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Guest82
    Just finished watching episode 12, it was pretty amusing in some ways or another, although I think the series sort of went at a really fast pace. Most likely a second season which I will be looking forward to.

Season 2

New Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~ TV Anime Green-Lit

Main staff, cast return for second season based on manga

The official website of the Sekirei television anime has announced on Sunday that production on a new Sekirei television anime series, Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~, has been green-lit. The new anime series is described as the second season of Sekirei.

Director Keizou Kusakawa, writer Takao Yoshioka, character designer Shinpei Tomooka, musical composer Hiroaki Sano, and the Seven Arcs anime studio all return from the first anime adaptation of Sakurako Gokurakuin's manga. Shinnosuke Tachibana (Minato), Saori Hayami (Musubi), Marina Inoue (Tsukiumi), and Kana Hanazawa (Kusano) lead the main cast in reprising their respective roles.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-green-lit

I can't wait to see this. Sekirei is one of my favorite manga series going right now.
    Last edited by Marik; Sun, 08-09-2009 at 07:10 PM.

woohoo, Thanks for the news. This was a random anime that had plenty of fan services.

I actually liked this anime, so I'm looking forward to the next season. Hopefully, it will clear up on some confusion that I've made (factions and all the other stuff).
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

More funny scenes with Kuu. I won't be complaining.

While I'm not complaining, I'm not exactly excited about this neither. The first season did a fairly alright job at setting the scene, so hopefully S2 will be better, but it was barely engaging. It doesn't help that Minato didn't start taking the game seriously until the very end.

Of the Sekireis, the only one I actually liked both visually and , well, non-visually(?), was the landlord lady, whose fanservice was all by absent.

#4 was pretty interesting (the Black Sekirei).

Blog Entries
    Can someone very concisely let me know how the first season varied from the manga so i don't accidentally spoil anyone?