Thread: Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC

Xbox 360 wireless controller on PC

I'm trying to use my Xbox 360 wireless controller on my PC running Windows XP. The driver offered by Microsoft is only for the wired controller or the wireless receiver, not the wireless controller. Does anyone know if a driver is available for this controller? Thanks in advance,

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

i got a driver with my wired controller,
    but try this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/do...ategory=Gaming
    then just select 360 controller, your os and such, and it should come up with the Accessories Software 1.1
    -----------------

Yep that's the driver I downloaded, but it only works for wired controllers or the wireless receiver. I googled some more and it seems the Xbox 360 wireless controller actually requires the receiver in order to work. The USB cable is only for power. The Xbox360 has a built-in wireless receiver, but your PC doesn't. So now it's a question of whether to spend $20 for a Microsoft receiver, $20 on a Logitech gamepad, or $30 for a wired controller that can also be used for the XBox360.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

oh sry, i misread, i thought you had the wireless receiver.
    the wireless controller will only work on pc with the wireless receiver, just plugging in the usb wont do any good.
    -----------------

Yeah that seems to be the case, since the wireless controller relies on the built-in wireless receiver in the XBox360. Most of us assumed the usb cable provided signal as well as power, but that's not true. It literally is a full-time wireless controller.