Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Birdy the Mighty Decode

OOOH... awesome ep.

so. Tsutomu is in love with the Riunka
    Tsutomu's friend died in the first ep too but Altarian girl II is using her form.
    Shyamalans probably knows where the Riunka is... so does Secret Agent Guy.
    how exactly does the Riunka work anyways?

What exactly is the Riunka? I think that's the most important question. Since it could perfectly heal Nagasuki's broken body, it's clearly not simply a weapon of mass destruction. I have a suspicion the Deities know what it is but aren't telling Birdy, and they showed Tsutomu only one aspect of the truth.

Has anyone been watching the EMiNA releases? If so any comment on quality?

No idea about the quality of Emina but the next ep from AoShen is here, nonetheless:

Episode 7v2 h264 - AoShen
    Last edited by Kraco; Sun, 08-24-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Is it just me or the art is somehow getting bad?

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Jounin
    I thought it was the quality of the raw. You could be right, could be the art.

episode 8

http://tracker.anirena.com/download2.php?id=12533

hmmm i seem to have missed 7 and cant find a working link anybody have one ?
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

i was raised by this woman =O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JrR7hPT9Bs

I updated a different, working link to the older post above. I don't know if the new one has any seeders, though, as even AoShen's own home page points to the old, malfunctioning one. If you can't get it from there, I suggest visiting their irc channel and getting the ep from a bot.

thanks for that Kraco
    Favorite Gotwoot Mod moment: "Why is everyone in that show black? The art and music are pretty good, and the voice acting is alrite as well......but i can't stand that guy who follows afro around. Hes so, well, black, for the lack of a better term (well thats not true, there is a better term, but i wont use it here)" Assassin

For those who want the tougher encoding:

Episode 8 h264 - AoShen

Kya~wawa:

Episode 9 HD - AoShen

- - - - - -

A jolly good episode. A good fight, even if it was against another android (or marionette like they call them). And finally it looks like things will move forward. To be frank in the past eps it hasn't looked like Birdy would be living up to her reputation as an investigator but according to the next ep preview they will finally start to realise, with that one dude's helpful hint, what's behind Nagasuki suddenly healthy body. Perhaps we will finally learn something new about the Riunka itself, as well. Would be about the time...

15:38 i loled so hard

i liked how during the fight it looked like birdy was totaly surprised the android was all over her and she just could not catch her breath in the end though it was no match for the bird man...um girl ...whatever lol

Looming distress:

Episode 10 - AoShen

- - - - - -

Edit: It's going pretty much as expected. Nothing really revealing in this episode, but in the next one things should happen. Though I wonder how well Shamalayan calculated Nagasuki would crack and thus the plentiful evidence (fingerprints and such) he most likely left behind wouldn't need any covering. I have to say, though, that I'm more than thankful the old geezer maid was finally removed. Nagasuki's father must have kept her employed only because it would have been cruel to throw such an old person to the streets. Can't imagine any other reason, so annoying she was.

Tougher reality, tougher decisions:

Episode 11 - AoShen

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I haven't started watching this yet. Should I wait for I-Z, or is AoShen good enough?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I-Z hasn't released anything but the first two eps ages ago. I don't think it's a feasible plan to try to rely on them. AoShen isn't exactly a quality subber but they are good enough, especially when there are no alternatives.

Edit: Gotta love a dude who would let the world be destroyed in exchange for a remote chance to score. Priorities at their best!
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 09-15-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Wouldn't it be already time for Tsutomo to cut himself?

Episode 12 - AoShen

His decision to not help Birdy caused many people to die. I guess he should really cut himself now.

Thanks shinta|hikari for the sig.

Birdy should have left him a knife as a farewell gift. He was majorly pissing me off saying all that to her. I wouldn't mind if Riunka killed him as well, though I suppose that's not going to happen.

The spaceship had quite a nice cannon, I have to say!

Birdy's last deciphering:

Episode 13 Final - AoShen

- - - - - - -

Edit: It wasn't a bad ending, which is even somewhat surprising considering I really hated Tsutomo already. Perhaps the fact he "died", or lost his body, again to Birdy's mighty fist compensated for all the faults in his personality. It was also rather funny and ironic how Nakasugi forgot all about Tsutomo, barely even remembering his name anymore, after the sacrifice he made for her sake.

Still, a few things were left somewhat unfinished, like the whole conspiracy behind the riunka issue. Of course the focus was Earth and Tsutomo and in that sense the story is concluded even though we never learned why and how and who, but in the light of these last episodes and Tsutomu's extreme emo moments I'd have rather watched anything else...
    Last edited by Kraco; Mon, 09-29-2008 at 09:52 AM.