Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Shin Megami Tensei Games

Somehow not that excited for the game at least not at the moment. Will probably get more psyched up for it when it's closer to being completed. Also probably going to try avoiding as much news about P5 as possible other than trailers too keep spoilers/expectations on a minimum. Find it more fun when I know less about the game.

Anyone given Strange Journey a spin yet? Ordered it yesterday since I'm suspecting it won't be released in Europe.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

I might get it, but the exclusive game I play on my DS atm is Infinite Space.

I'll be picking up my Strange Journey this saturday.

Finally finished playing through Devil Survivor on DS, didn't expect that many bosses on the last day not to mention all the retries. Went with GIn and Haru's path the first time around. Expected more from the ending or rather something more with Gin/Haru and the protagonist. Currently quite curios as to how the game will end if Haru dies since she played a big role in that ending at least.

And Strange Journey has arrived though haven't played it yet.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity

I just have got atsuro route to finish left. ^^
    I'll order Strange Journey as soon as i got money.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

If Haru dies the Gin path gets locked.

Gin and Haru's path is quite easy considering that in another of the paths, Amane's, you need to fight all Bel's at the same time. Now that one was though.

One of this days I need to replay it to see the other paths.

Double post, but worth it.

Persona 3 Portable FanBook Scans

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1Q5PLRN9

Bel gauntlet was easy for me - i could kill each of them in one turn using my MC.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Well got a bit curious about Yuzus path so decided to play through it and yeah wasn't quite what I expected, though I let a lot of characters die as well during that playthrough to see how things would end up so wondered if it had any effect. Was kinda disappointed that I couldn't refuse giving Midori a comp and that I couldn't let her leave her to die or refuse her joining the team.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity

Oh yeah. That annoyed me as well. I wanted to kill Midori.

Well the biggest reason it annoyed me is that they give you the choice asking you what you want to do and then no matter which you pick it still end up the same. Kinda takes away some of the freedom or how included I felt when I first played it. Though she does annoy me.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Freedom is an illusion. And the megaten series has known it since at least Nocturne, if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8 View Post
    Freedom is an illusion. And the megaten series has known it since at least Nocturne, if not before.
    I don't really know about older Megaten titles... but Nocturne, while not completely free, did allow you to take different paths based on your actions and decisions.

Anyway...

Persona 3 Portable meets Durarara:

Version 1: Image

Version 2: Video

I like the image version more, so I wished they had done the song with the image.

Devil Suvivor meets Durarara:
    Video

Tales of Persona 3
    Video

K-ON Persona 4
    Video

Persona 4 Durarara
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Wed, 04-28-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Liked the Devil Survivor one most.

Anyway been thinking about buying the headphones that Minato uses in P3 though not the one that actually says P3 on them, that'd probably be pretty damn expensive. Cost 40ish us dollars on Amazon and the shipping for me is 60ish us dollars to Europe. So question anyone know any place where the shipping is cheaper?

Ohh right the model would be Audio-Technica ATH-EM7 GM
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I don't really know about older Megaten titles... but Nocturne, while not completely free, did allow you to take different paths based on your actions and decisions.
    Think about it, really. You had three "reason" endings (musubi, shijima, yosuga), the "neutral" ending, demon and true demon.

I would argue that the reason endings are ultimately equivalent, in terms of loss of freedom. Musubi, you're "free" but you live the future of your existence in solitary confinement, free to move around your bubble but incapable of reaching into others. In Shijima, you're not even free to move about the place, you and all other living things are silent cogs in a celestial machine. In yosuga, you're essentially agreeing on Highlander rules ("there can be only one"), because the strong destroy the weak.

Neutral is an abdication of the freedom to create, instead opting for a return to the previous world. Demon is an abdication of will, as a whole - you approach kagutsuchi with no vision, and the world flickers out.

Only true demon is a truly free option, and to get there you are challenging the creator over the order of the universe and the very fabric of creation.

Freedom is the ability to topple the order of the universe and the very nature of creation, to challenge the worst demons and the highest angels, to assault the throne of creation itself. All other freedom is illusory. That's all I'm sayin'...

Ah... I thought you meant gameplay. But we are actually talking about story wise. I do agree in everything you mention regarding plot wise. Freedom is definitely very small in the worlds were the Megaten tiles are present.

There are always gods or demons playing with you. Whether its Loki in Devil Survivor, Nyx in Persona 3, Nyartholep in Persona, Lucifer in Raidou Kuzunoha or Musubi, Shijima and Yosuga in Nocturne... heck even the 'Creator' in most of the titles.

Heck, even Philemon and Igor who 'aid' you... are in a way manipulating your destiny.

I guess its one of the reasons I love the Megaten titles even since I started with P3 (and jumped into older titles... though I still need to play Digital Devil Saga fully)...

EDIT:

Persona 3 Portable OST
    Last edited by RyougaZell; Thu, 04-22-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Anyone picked up P3P yet?
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity

I hope to get mine this weekend... but due to the climatic situation new games probably won't be arriving at my town for a while. Specially now that the international bridges are getting closed because Rio Bravo is getting flooded.

Oh yeah... Nintendo gave an announcement on the E3 that Atlus hasn't shared with the world yet...

Shin Megami Tensei 3DS
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 3DS
    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3DS

Oh yeah... Nintendo gave an announcement on the E3 that Atlus hasn't shared with the world yet...

Shin Megami Tensei 3DS
    Sweet, i can't wait for those, i don't know which one is more interesting to me for me!

I hope to get mine this weekend... but due to the climatic situation new games probably won't be arriving at my town for a while. Specially now that the international bridges are getting closed because Rio Bravo is getting flooded.

Shin Megami Tensei 3DS
    I'm still waiting to see if it'll get a european release, if it doesn't I'll import it. So let me know if it's good enough to get latter on.

Wonder if they'll actually let us walk around in Devil Survivor this time or if it's a sequel perhaps either way will be buying it again. Not really that interested in the other titles though that depends on what they'll include etc.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity