Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 407

Guess we were right after all....
    weak sauce...

Also, it's ridiculously lame that they drew all these assumptions based on the "ta"
    How do they know the ta refers to "tactics"?
    How do they know the numbers are page numbers and that they point to the first character in each page?

There's really nothing empirical about this thought process...
    Last edited by Assertn; Fri, 07-04-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Well that takes care of the annoying "seventh character" I mentioned in the last discussion.

So Pain can recruit more bodies if he loses any. The question now, is this new body a dude or a chick??
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    You must be new to anime. Please enjoy.

See also: Death Note.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    You must be new to anime. Please enjoy.

See also: Death Note.
    Freaking Xan and his witty responses.

Anyway that chapter was incredibly lame. If they kill the invicible Pain with a crappy Naruto rasengan I'm done with this series.
    The question now, is this new body a dude or a chick??
    Does it matter, really does it? I would think its just another androgynous Kishimoto character, he likes those. Anyway based on the facial features and even more so on height I would say its female.
    Last edited by Abdula; Fri, 07-04-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Well, that's the first step of decryption. It doesn't mean they'll crack the code right away. Rule of decrypting is always start from the most simple possible solution before moving to a more advance technique.

Madara must know Pain's weakness if he can order him like his bitch.

So Pain can recruit more bodies if he loses any. The question now, is this new body a dude or a chick??
    It's a midget transvestite.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudo
    It doesn't mean they'll crack the code right away.
    So...it looks like Onemanga doesn't realize that the rest of us can't read Japanese...

Here's another group's translation

"The real one isn't with them"

Props go to whoever guessed that Nagato was working as a puppetmaster over his bodies from elsewhere. This case is, anticlimactically, closed.
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Fri, 07-04-2008 at 12:52 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Good find. Also I lol'd at page 12.

Props go to whoever guessed that Nagato was working as a puppetmaster over his bodies from elsewhere. This case is, anticlimactically, closed.
    I thought we knew that already?

Anyway, I like to think the decoding, "The Real One Isn't With Them," has a double meaning. The first referring to Pein's real body, which would mean to defeat Pein, Naruto has to find and kill Nagato. And the second referring to Naruto being the real destined child.

Naruto would be the most suited to fighting Pein. Kagebunshin vs Pein's bodies. Both can fight without having their real bodies enter the battle.
    But, if Pein is coming to Konoha, then it likely won't be Naruto vs Pein 1v1. Others are sure to join the battle, so I wonder who else will be killed by Pein. Tsunade perhaps?

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    If it turns out that that is in fact the code, this is beyond stupid. I mean it. Stupid doesn't begin to describe what this is. This is shit. Remembered the first letter of the first line on random pages, as he was being killed? How about this...he writes in some fucking other language "The real one isn't with them." or, writes is in pig latin: "the real one-ey isn't with them-ey" Whatever. It's less stupid than this. What the fuck.

Anyway, Naruto'd better be the one to kill Pein. It doesn't have to be this particular encounter. And if it's not, it better be next. And it better be believable how he does it, and it better not reek of cheese, and it better rock hard. In other words, It better be one of the best moments this story has known to date. I don't know if I can take anymore of this.

I was expecting more to the message than that, I wonder if there is more to it.

Pain is on the move to Konoha now, I'm trying to think how this part is going to turn out. Is Naruto gunna get captured and taken with him? Will Naruto (or others) defeat him? Will Naruto lose the kyubi?

Not sure on which direction it is going to take, but I don't think Naruto is going to defeat Pain in this encounter or anyone defeat him for that matter. But, I also don't think Naruto is going to get captured.

I have no idea what are the first words on pages and lines of a barely 30 page long work, Jiraiya remembering stuff like that is just ridiculous :P

What if they changed the font in it - it would all go shit haha.

We'd get a message "I must be the biggest pervert ever" instead of "The real one is not with them"

Kakashi reading out loud was the best part of the chapter

Nobody touched on Sasuke. He most defintiely got manipulated. I'm sure the story Madara told is true and he's just using it to his advantage. But who is the 8-tails? Someone from Roots?

It's Jiraya, so it is a dude

I wonder who the eighth Bijuu is and how strong he is...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne
    Naruto would be the most suited to fighting Pain. Kagebunshin vs Pain's bodies.
    That is so ridiculous what the hell is Naruto's useless shadow clones gonna do against Pain and his bodies. The dude can seemingly resurrect them at will and each of them have their own unique and weird abilities. What are Naruto's useless one hit and and you're done shadow clones gonna do against Pain. Its not like they will all be able to use the wind rasengan and nothing else will be powerful enough to matter even if he tries we saw what Pain did to Jiraiya's rasengan and even if Naruto does manage to hit atleast one of Pains bodies with the rasengan we don't even know if its gonna matter.

Besides that Naruto hasn't been able to use his shadow clones effectively against someone with one point of view much less six, not to mention all of Pain's ridiculous summons and whatever his other bodies can do, we still don't even know what his rinnegan can do. I think Naruto is the person least suited to fighting with Pein, that battle would take all of a few seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles
    it better be believable how he does it, and it better not reek of cheese, and it better rock hard. In other words, It better be one of the best moments this story has known to date. I don't know if I can take anymore of this.
    I agree with you on the other stuff but honestly what do you think the odds are of it turning out to be anything good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    But who is the 8-tails? Someone from Roots?
    What the hell ever gave you the idea that the eight tails would be in Konoha?
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    That is so ridiculous what the hell is Naruto's useless shadow clones gonna do against Pain and his bodies. The dude can seemingly resurrect them at will and each of them have their own unique and weird abilities. What are Naruto's useless one hit and and you're done shadow clones gonna do against Pain. Its not like they will all be able to use the wind rasengan and nothing else will be powerful enough to matter even if he tries we saw what Pain did to Jiraiya's rasengan and even if Naruto does manage to hit atleast one of Pains bodies with the rasengan we don't even know if its gonna matter.

Besides that Naruto hasn't been able to use his shadow clones effectively against someone with one point of view much less six, not to mention all of Pain's ridiculous summons and whatever his other bodies can do, we still don't even know what his rinnegan can do. I think Naruto is the person least suited to fighting with Pein, that battle would take all of a few seconds.
    You've been reading this manga for how long now? How the hell is it ridiculous when we already KNOW that that's how its going to be?
    You know that Kishi is setting this encounter up to be a battle between two people who fight with multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidnne
    You've been reading this manga for how long now? How the hell is it ridiculous when we already KNOW that that's how its going to be?
    You know that Kishi is setting this encounter up to be a battle between two people who fight with multiples.
    So your point is because we know that that's how its going to happen then it isn't ridiculous.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I too, find the "code" incredibly dumb, and Jiraiya making 1 round turn and 2 half hitches at the brink of death to do so, is really ridiculous. Hopefully that's not all there is to the code.

More on the code for those interested:

The first kanji of each line reads: 本物葉意無椅, which sounds like 本物はいない. Meaning is broken down as such:

本物 = real one
    は = is
    いない = not here
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    What the hell ever gave you the idea that the eight tails would be in Konoha?
    Because I thought Madara wanted Sasuke to go after Konoha as well. And I don't remember reading anything about Sasuke going after the 8-tails in the previous chapters.

Don't try to sound too smart now.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Don't try to sound too smart now.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/404/15/
    If you read the chapter from the beginning, in exchange for teaming up with akatsuki Sasuke will get to keep the eight tails for himself when he captures it.
    Sapphire is awesome!