Thread: The blue screen

Blog Entries

The blue screen

Not only does it keep appearing crashing my computer along with it, the usual "this may be what's wrong with your computer" windows doesn't even appear so i have no idea what's wrong with it.

Any ideas?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Are you telling us it's a blank blue screen, or you gonna give us more details?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Formatting usually solves most things. If it still happens then it'll probably be your hardware.

Did you do anything right before this started happening, like installing new chipset or display drivers, or installing new hardware? If so, just undo whatever you did and see if that fixes the problem.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    goto the control panel, administrative tools and open the event viewer... check both the program and system logs for the times that it happened and maybe you will find something helpful.

The last time i did this it just had a generic windows error but I have found some where it points to display drivers.

"The blue screen of death....my immortal enemy!" -Kaiba

How often does it happen Archangel? Can't really figure out whats wrong with such a brief description. Last resort I'd say would be to format if you can get most of your data backed-up onto an external harddrive but I'd say theres probably some faulty hardware.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    if no software and hardware was installed:
    HardDrive corrupted: either physically or rather data
    Physical connexion maybe be loose somewhere on the motherboard or hardware side.
    Memory corrupted.

Then there's overheating too from the GPU or CPU mainly.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    I'm convinced the reason I was getting the Blue Screen of Death CONSTANTLY was because my laptop was overheating. I always start out with that pesky fan at the bottom exposed, but it always finds a way to cover itself back up. Get an external fan if it's overheating. I have one ordered, I hope it works.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin