Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: Diablo III

Game: Diablo III

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/

Blizzard put a teaser picture up on the front page a few days ago, and after some speculation of what game it was, it's announced that it is Diablo III.

I'm very excited at this, I remember all the good times playing Diablo II and the hours upon hours I spent on item finding. I haven't been playing too much PC games recently, but with D3 and SC2 announced, that should change whenever they are released.

Diablo 3 Comprehensive Information FAQ.

Last edited by KoKo37; Thu, 07-10-2008 at 06:24 AM. Reason: FAQ

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.

My god.. I never thought I would see the day when Diablo 3 would be announced...
    This is the best video game related news I have heard since Starcraft II.

But.. What could be left after Diablo II ? What kind of demon will Blizzard take out of Hell for our pleasure?
    (The site is not really Opera compatible.. It works with IE though..)

So far, I'm a bit disappointed by the red orb system thing.. I fear it might make the game too easy...
    But at least there are some great addition, like ladders, awesome traps with loots, destructible environment, kill enemies with collapsing walls, massive swarm of enemies... etc...

Bwhahaha Cain still live! This seems to take place 20 years after Diablo II.. he just don't die.
    "Stay a while and ____*
    "It is time for shedding our enemies' blood, not idle talk."
    "Aww no ones ever listen.."

I wonder who that girl in the teaser was... she looked like an important character...

Love the fact that we can now choose between Female and Male for each class. I hated being restricted to male/female only class...
    Last edited by BioAlien; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 07:56 AM.

Sweet, I've been waiting for this for a long time.

I only hope that this installment of the series will provide as many hours of enjoyment as its predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by BioAlien
    So far, I'm a bit disappointed by the red orb system thing.. I fear it might make the game... too easy...
    But at least there are some great addition, like ladders, awesome traps with loots after, destructible environment, kill enemies with collapsing walls..

Bwhahaha Cain is still alive! This seems to take place many years after Diablo II, as Cain seems much older now.
    "Stay a while and ____*
    "It is time for shedding our enemies' blood, not idle talk." "Aww no ones ever listen.."
    The red orb worries me a bit as well, but as long as they don't heal too much, too fast, or appear too often it should be fine, and I agree the destructible environment looks great, it should add some more interactivity into the game. I also got a chuckle out of that conversation with Deckard Cain.

And you're right about it taking place many years after Diablo II, in the FAQ is says :
    It has been twenty years since the events of Diablo II. Of those who faced the Lords of Hatred, Terror, and Destruction in the battle over the fate of Sanctuary, there are few still living who can bear to remember the horrors that the Prime Evils wrought upon the world. And of those who did not witness the terrible events firsthand, most believe the stories to be little more than myth. But something evil is stirring once again in Tristram, and it may already have claimed its first victim: Deckard Cain.

Man I'm excited about this game, maybe we could make a GotWoot clan in the future .

Edit : Oh, and I forgot to comment on it, but the boss biting the head off of the Barbarian in real time near the end of the game play trailer was awesome, hopefully there'll be a lot of detailed deaths like that in the game-- at least in the boss fights anyways.
    Last edited by KoKo37; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Head Dismemberment

Any word on when this game will actually be ready?

I didn't play the first Diablo as I wasn't into gaming at the time. Then when Diablo II came out, I heard too many reviews calling it a disappointment and saying how repetitive it was, so I didn't try it. I imagine they fixed any complaints in this new game.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Hmm... You still see Diablo II in bargain bins regularly. I wonder if I should check it out. It's certainly a well known title but for some reason I never played neither the first nor the second. Back then I didn't play RPGs that much at all (not on computers anyway).

They stated that it's only gonna have 5 character classes and since Barbarian and Witch Doctor are already revealed, there's only 3 left. Meh, seems like a crappy amount of variety. I would've preferred them to have implemented all of D2's classes and then some.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animus
    They stated that it's only gonna have 5 character classes and since Barbarian and Witch Doctor are already revealed, there's only 3 left. Meh, seems like a crappy amount of variety. I would've preferred them to have implemented all of D2's classes and then some.
    I hope the other 3 classes are:

Assassin (we need something sneaky and dark)
    Paladin ( fighting against evil without a "holy" class? IMPOSSIBLE)
    Mage (we need more magic!)

I have trust in blizzard, but I really hope that at least the paladin and assassin are playable... but since they don't have a physical-range-class yet, one class is pretty much going to be the Amazone... I want my Paladin and Assassin 8[ blizzard, don't fail me and do what I say!

Or maybe they reveal another new class... like a rogue which is able to use daggers/bows with poison etc.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 09:56 AM.

I don't think Blizz wants us to confuse Diablo with Warcraft, so I'm thinking that if they do have a rogue or mage class, it's going to be quite different than what you're talking about. I'm eager to get caught up in the storylines again.
    Now 99% disease free!

Linking the two games could mean more success if kids do confuse the two, or decide to give the other a try since they enjoy one so much. A player who finishes Diablo III could see WoW as a way to continue developing his character, or vice versa.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    I don't think Blizz wants us to confuse Diablo with Warcraft, so I'm thinking that if they do have a rogue or mage class, it's going to be quite different than what you're talking about. I'm eager to get caught up in the storylines again.
    I'm talking about d2 classes and not WoW classes... the assassin was very powerfull (if not the most powerfull class) with a lot of poison charms and I'm just saying that I want something like that again... a martial arts-class, which is also playable with a bow + traps (trapsin)...well ya ok, since you threw warcraft in: pretty much like the hunter in WoW just without a pet and focussed on poison.
    I don't like the amazon from d2, thats why I hope they combine the two classes.

btw I just said "mage" because I don't know how to spell "sorcerer" (d2 class) ^^

and the paladin was/is the coolest class in d2... big shield, heavy armor and god-given-powaaaaaaarrrgh

he's the perfect class to combine magic with physical skills.

The witchdoctor is btw just another name for "necromancer".... pretty much the same skills..the only difference is that he has firemagic and not bone-magic.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 06-28-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Linking the two games could mean more success if kids do confuse the two, or decide to give the other a try since they enjoy one so much. A player who finishes Diablo III could see WoW as a way to continue developing his character, or vice versa.
    I dont see that ever happening since any game Blizzard make is destined to be a great seller by now, and that is thanks to the quality of their games and the service that follows. Cant ever imagine that blizzard would be linking two different worlds together so that maybe some more kids will buy their games, they simply dont need it they will buy them anyways

Diablo 2 introduced skill trees, meanningful difrencess between charecters and broader, more vaired fields of action.
    I didn't catch anything special about the third game. the site didn't say anything, but that's not so suprising, the game won't be released until 2012, at best.

also, I hate the site. I hate everysite that works with moving gifs and flash.

PC 2 weak? at least blizzard-sites don't need to load 5 minutes like some others... GRAW/LP/Overlord and so on.

I like it and all their other sites too (especially sc2)

Yaaay, this is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time, and D3 is now my most anticipated game.

I was obsessed with Diablo 2 back in the day and even these days from time to time I will reinstall it and mess around with my old characters. My friends and I would even hold dedicated LANs just to play it 24/7, back when we were at university. So much fun and a true lifestyle of the time for many.

It looks like they've done everything right this time around - the gameplay video looks amazing, I especially like the idea of the destructible environments. The boss battles looked impressive, and the boss one-shotting that Barbarian by biting his head off was a surprise, that will add another edge to all boss battles if they can do that.

Hmm, lots of people at various forums are saying they'll quit WoW for this, I wonder how many players WoW will lose. With D3 and SC2, who can tell? I know I will, WoW just needed something special to pry me away.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    You realize Diablo 2 only had 5 classes originally, right? They'll most likely add more in an expansion pack or something, they won't just leave them out.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    The boss battles looked impressive, and the boss one-shotting that Barbarian by biting his head off was a surprise, that will add another edge to all boss battles if they can do that.
    I think this was just a fatality blow... he was going to die with the next hit

I don't think you can get caught with full health, that would be kinda unfair and add too much luck into a boss fight.

But I like it very much too. this way its more fun to play with friends. because you get to see something like this more often... this is truely not a singleplayer game anymore in my opinion... everyone who plays this alone is wasting its potential
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sun, 06-29-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Yaaay, this is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time, and D3 is now my most anticipated game.

I was obsessed with Diablo 2 back in the day and even these days from time to time I will reinstall it and mess around with my old characters. My friends and I would even hold dedicated LANs just to play it 24/7, back when we were at university. So much fun and a true lifestyle of the time for many.

It looks like they've done everything right this time around - the gameplay video looks amazing, I especially like the idea of the destructible environments. The boss battles looked impressive, and the boss one-shotting that Barbarian by biting his head off was a surprise, that will add another edge to all boss battles if they can do that.

Hmm, lots of people at various forums are saying they'll quit WoW for this, I wonder how many players WoW will lose. With D3 and SC2, who can tell? I know I will, WoW just needed something special to pry me away.

You realize Diablo 2 only had 5 classes originally, right? They'll most likely add more in an expansion pack or something, they won't just leave them out.
    What I meant was both D2 and it's expansion. But then again I would've preferred them having totally new unique classes instead of re-implementing the barbarian.

Game: Diablo III

Best news for me today. yipeee!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4612...3_15_2012#blog

can anyone confirm this please? I'm a bit drunk right now, gotta go to sleep.

It's official, i preordered mine like an hour ago.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

You pre-ordered a digital release? Oh lord....
    -----------------