Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Game: Diablo III

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    From what I've read in forums, they didn't fix the rubberbanding, Its to much a pain to die because of lags and poor wayfinding.

Patch 1.0.4.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5691...tes-21_08_2012

Suppose a reason to get back playing it

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Trying out the patch now, and really things are much the same. I have to say I'm enjoying my arcane hydra a lot now, it's doing a good job actually killing groups of mobs, allowing me to focus on the harder to kill stuff, and swapping blizzard out for arcane meteor which helps make short work of champion packs. Dangerous playstyle, but it also lets farm quickly and efficiently with a kiting build, and if you get good at it, you won't die. Not really enough to keep me playing for very long though.

What's *really* entertaining is the backlash Blizzard is getting for Jay Wilson's (D3 Game Director) comment on facebook in response to David Brevik's (Creator of the Diablo series and lead designer for Diablo 1 and 2) interview comments.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-iii-criticism

Facebook comments from D3 devs

The official forums along with mmo-champion and diablo fans went nuts over this, and it's been fun to read.

Oh, and for good measure:

Jay Wilson memes
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

"Hell hath no fury like nerds when you mess with their game franchises." - some guy

I didn't play D1 or D2 so D3 was fun on its own merits, maybe moreso because I didn't have to constantly compare it to the previous games. I had the same emotional detachment for ME3.

The JW meme generator is awesome.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Fri, 08-24-2012 at 01:46 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Been playing a bit since the patch. The whole 100 paragon levels I kind of enjoy, something to strive for I guess. Also Inferno seems a lot easier, well, the elite mobs anyway. Not dying 20 times just to kill one.

The Jay Wilson thing is going to be especially funny when after Diablo III's lifecycle ends he is forced out of the company under similar circumstances as Brevik.

Reading abit about Blizzards upcoming D3 ladders (or "Seasons" as they call them)

"Seasons are a shard of the existing game where everything is a fresh start. You start with a brand new character without access to any of the gold or items you collected with your primary account for the length of the season. We plan on creating brand new, powerful legendaries that only drop within in the season. After the season ends, all of your progress — your experience, your items, your gold, etc. — will be rolled into the main roster. The goal is the fresh-start feeling — so many changes and tweaks have happened since the launch of Diablo III — it is really energizing and fun to recreate that ‘first-moment-in-a-new-game’ feeling.We’ve also added leaderboards. Players can race on a variety of metrics to try to become the leader in their region or the top of their friends and clan lists. That friendly competition angle lends itself really well to Diablo games."

Bolded part just made me quit the game. I have zero interest in ladders, but by making "ladder exclusive" items, i'm basically forced into playing ladder if i want access to all the items.

Sure, the ladder-only stuff becomes available to non-ladder once a "season" ends, but then they just start new season with, guess what, more new ladder-only items i can't get unless i play on the fucking ladder again, and again, and again...

People kept bitching and whining that they wanted ladders to be able to "compete" with other players on leaderboards and whatnot, which is fine, i couldn't care less about that stuff, but seriously, fuck ladder-only items, i hated that shit back in D2, and i still hate that shit today.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

I think its good, there is no reason to not like it because you can just enjoy the new items once a season is over, even if you decide not to take part in the ladder.
    the game needs more items to be fun and if they add ~20 legs each season the game might entertain me once again and I have a reasons to start a new class now
    atm, there is no reason to log on once you get ~t3-4 equipment because upgrades are way too rare

sheesh, they really do need to add alot more legendaries now that I think about it... around ~200 would be good for now
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Sat, 04-26-2014 at 11:38 AM.

I cant bring myself to get caught by the grinding in this game. In D2 I could do like 100 baal runs one after the other and not get bored. Now just 2 runs and I quit out of boredom.

Maybe it has to do with the lvl cap. I remember that I only reached lvl 99 with a few charcter each ladder wipe. And I remember that lvl +75 was already a good lvl to start doing some hell runs, an still 24 lvls away from cap. So you started grinding and experiencing end game while still getting some lvls along the way. Getting some synergy skills to max and allocating stat points was quite satisfactory in its own way.

Maybe is that what I miss or maybe is that im older and bitter and cant enjoy anything. Dunno but everytime I run d3 I cant help but remember the good old times of runs (those baal_run_1,2,3....453...) with 8 different ppl running like crazy and indentifying items on the run and dropping bad ones to leave room for the final boss drop. Usually blue crap but they were so fast to do to enjoy and to make that you could afford 20 runs of bad drops cause it was less than 1 hour.

I doubt this new ladder system is going to make anything more exciting but well i dont care that they keep adding content even if it doesnt work.
    The path of excess leads to the tower of wisdom

its because the item-hunt is a lot more fun in D2, every item could be bis
    remember stuff like +200% ED on "magic" weapons?

now, once you got a decent legendary in every slot, you will never look at rares again because they can't roll high enough..

The problem here is finding a "decent legendary"

If this is actually legit... lol

Diablo 3 Legendary Gambling Exploit

Since people claimed the screens were shopped, someone made a video.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Quote Originally Posted by EpyonNext View Post
    The problem here is finding a "decent legendary"
    its not really a problem with loot 2.0
    you can always reroll the one stat that is bugging you, so while you won't get a trifecta everytime, you get 2/3 pretty much always.

quite a few items have one or 2 fixed stats on them
    take Magefist for example which will always roll decent, no matter what
    or about every bracer/belt

even without legendaries, you will outgear any dropped rare once you start crafting and reforge the unwanted property
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 05-02-2014 at 04:40 PM.