Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game: Metal Gear Solid 4

Game: Metal Gear Solid 4

Just got it today at gamestop... Was scared it would be sold out since it had a midnight release, but there was 2 copies left. Yay.

Anyways, did anyone else get this yet? This game is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Still in the beginning. I haven't tried MGO yet, will probably do so tomorrow because I need to buy a longer ethernet cable.

For the record, this game got rated a 10 on IGN.com.

That place over there........ahh never mind
    I got the game, only played for about 1:30 hours and then turned it off. What I did play I liked.

I found myself playing this game like COD4, shooting everything that moves and leaving no survivors....

R.I.P Captain America.

I believe there was already a thread on MGS4, just that no one posted there for a long time.

Anyway, I've played around 8hrs, and enjoying myself crawling under vehicles and shooting soldiers in the head with a customised M4. The cut scenes are long, but nonetheless still interesting and sometimes its a interactive cut scene so you get to play around a bit.

As for MGO, I've gotten my ID and password, logged in, created my character but for some reason I can't connect to the server to start the game. Anyone else got the same problem?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I only played for a couple hours but it seemed really good.

I'm not really sure how i feel about the collecting weapons for points idea, or how every dead body gives you a ration or ammo if you take the time to pick them up. i mean... I have like 1000 m4 rounds, 20 rpg rockets and tons of other stuff after only a couple hours of play.

I did enjoy using a soldier as a human shield ! until i dove into a blown up building.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    btw, why don't they release this game on PC?

they did release msg1 and 2 which I liked very much....
    What was wrong with those 2 games that they won't release the third or fourth on the PC? not enough fans?

lol i also thought that but if Msg4 comes to the Pc then that isnt going to sell more, because for playing a game like that you need a PC that has the recommended specs for playin the game good. The most of the gamers doesnt have that.
    You can compare it with UT 3 it would be a awesome game for the pc but few ppl have bought it because of the high specs you need for it.
    *€»~†ǁỐỮ|_ΓΡǁ†‼~«€* - ˜ή*»―†

nah, that won't be a problem... people upgrade their PCs just for games like this one.

and the graphics won't be a problem for mid-class PCs and even less for High-end PCs today.
    I'd even say that MSG4 will look much better on the PC than it does on the PS3. That has been the case for a lot of games which came out on consoles at first and later on the PC

take Lost Planet for example (many shader + detail improvements), I did not believe that my PC was able to run this game so smoothly because it is a rather weak one (over 2 years old)

and I'm not sure about UT3 but it always depends if the programming was done right...
    there are games with much better graphics than others, which have much higher spec requirements. You are able to programm awesome graphic games today which don't need very good PCs

and that wasn't the only reason for UT3 failing to sell, the game is simply not as good as the others anymore.

Shooters like quake or UT don't need graphics, its simply pointless.

Even if it would be headed for the pc it would not be at the launch of the console game. The other pc ports was released quite a bit after it's consone counterpart, as always. So you cant rule it out to a 100% but i strongly doubt it. One reason being that Kojima did say he filled up a whole Blu-ray disc with the game (50gb) so it would be quite unpractical for the pc.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    big machine gun.... 100 rounds.... laser sight woot!

Just completed the game in 21 hours. Took so long because I was messing around and watched all the cut scenes. Simply one of the most massive and epic game ever, and there's just so much to do and accomplish that I'm going to start my second run through straightaway.

I still can't join any servers in Metal Gear Online, but I can host games and it was fine as over a dozen players joined in no time. Got thrashed though as it was my first experience and wasn't too familiar with maps and the settings.

So, anyone game for online multiplayer?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    So, anyone game for online multiplayer?
    Soon....very soon....

So by gaming standards, is 21hrs a big game? I have to say, I haven't been much of a gaming person. The only game I've actually finished is CoD4, and that was like....a few hours? I blame my brother for this. He always finishes games before me, and I end up watching him, so I just never quite have the time/motivation to pull it all off.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

21 hours of this quality sure is a big game. Finished it myself in around 20 hours too. Have just played a little online so far, it has a pretty high learning curve and requires a whole lot of teamwork but it's quite fun.
    And i'll soon start my third playthrough where i will try to get this emblem;
    Big Boss: Get the Big Boss Emblem. When you wear this mask, it causes enemies near you to cower in fear and/or run away screaming.
    But to obtain it theese are the requirements
    Big Boss: Successfully complete the game in Single Player mode on the hardest difficulty using no continues, instigating no alerts, killing no enemies (including Bosses), using no life recovery items, using no stealth suit or bandanna special items (can possess, but not activate), and with a completion time of less than 5 hours.

I just got the official guide book, and will also be playing my second run to find out much I've missed. The Big Boss emblem is crazy though, due to the insane requirements. 5 hours is really tight, and even on normal difficulty I found it very hard to avoid getting detected, especially in Act 5. Most probably I'll just keep playing till I get enough DP to buy the stealth or bandanna items......

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Soon....very soon....

So by gaming standards, is 21hrs a big game?
    depends on the genre

RTS will need more than just 21 hrs most of a time... while ego-shooters like CoD or Crysis
    only need a few ours... I played through CoD4 on the same day I bought it (on the hardest mode... was it veteran?)

However 21 hrs are pretty much for non RPG/RTS games
    hmm but I havn't played that many games in a while.. only short ones I completed on the same day I bought or lent it... Tomb Raider Legend, CoD4, Half Life 2, Halflife ep 1 AND 2, Cod2/Cod1 (damn the SP is too short! yet its so much fun), Lost Planet etc.

as you can see they are all more or less a shooter. I got the new settlers too (rise of an empire)... bought it last month or so and havn't played through it yet (RTS game)

Gotta love the amount of easter eggs that's been put into this game, keep discovering new ones all the time.
    Here's one i found pretty hilarious;
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/217776.html

I thought there were less easter eggs than the previous sequels, but they were still awesome. I'd love to talk about some here, but they'd count as spoilers so its best to let the people who are playing find out more themselves. I also enjoyed the many references to the original MGS game, especially in Act 4 & 5......

Do you guys find the cutscenes to be too elaborate and take away from the gameplay? That's the reason I couldn't stand MGS2, too many damn cutscenes breaking up the action. It's also bothering me a little in GTA:IV, but at least they are humorous so it's not so bad. Plus you can skip past them and not lose anything.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

hmmm I played mgs2 on the PC and actually the cutscenes are the best thing about the game xD.

or are you referring to all the "walky talky" stuff? I know that this is legend in MSG, but that was back in MSG1 (which was really good because of this) but in msg2 it got annoying because the phone rang all-the-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Do you guys find the cutscenes to be too elaborate and take away from the gameplay? That's the reason I couldn't stand MGS2, too many damn cutscenes breaking up the action. It's also bothering me a little in GTA:IV, but at least they are humorous so it's not so bad. Plus you can skip past them and not lose anything.
    Personally, I think the cutscenes make the game what it is. Without them, there is no extremely elaborate storyline, and without that, what's the point of playing a game, past the violence factor? I am a huge fan of storytelling and the fact of the matter in my mind is that MGS is once of those franchises that blows the others away. The only exception would have to be the Halo series. When someone is able to tell a story in a gore-filled, mindless market such as that of videogaming, that's a gift. Kojima has this gift, and unfortunately for the gamers, that gift is expressed as long, and sometimes drawn out, scenes. But see, this is his own background coming into it. He has always been in love with movies, and he wants MGS to BE LIKE a movie, rather than a game. (I hate to say it, but yes, I know there's a movie coming out about MGS - good thing is, he's writing it.).
    Now 99% disease free!

I haven't had much time lately to play MGS... Just starting Act 2. Btw.... How is MGO? Does it have potential to be one of the top online games on console?