Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TV: Fringe

TV: Fringe

Well, this is the new show coming to FOX from JJ Abrams (LOST, Cloverfield, Alias, Star Trek), and it looks like it'll be plenty interesting. It starrs Joshua Jackson (Mighty Ducks), Anna Torv, who looks interesting so far, and my man Lance Reddick (The Wire, LOST, OZ).

Here are a couple of promos:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFdBXQp4CeI
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=sWlsXtsQ6CQ

FBI agents Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop are faced with a rapidly spreading unexplained phenomenon of the threatening kind. In an attempt to stop the spread, they enlist the assistance of Bishop's estranged father, the institutionalized scientist Dr. Walter Bishop.
    http://fox.com/fringe/
    http://www.tv.com/fringe/show/75146/summary.html
    Last edited by Munsu; Tue, 06-17-2008 at 04:31 AM.

This definately looks like a watch for me, now I just have to convince the wife to watch it so I'm not watching it by my self at night and commenting about it on an anime forum with one other guy named Munsu......

Sig made by Lucifus

Well, I'm in it with you all. The pilot was mildly interesting, and it seems like it might have that J.J. Abrams touch to it.

Yep, I liked the pilot... though it got a bit slow since it was mostly introducing the characters and all, but I expect good things from now on. I think it'll have a good mixture of self-contained storylines, while still moving towards a bigger mystery plot. I think the characters are interesting so far.

Here's the pilot dvdscr:
    http://torrent.zoink.it/Fringe.S01E01.DVDSCR.XviD-MEDiEVAL.[eztv].torrent

Watched it last nite...gotta say, its a pretty good show. Kept me really interested all the way through. Great acting as well. It seems kinda like the X-Files though....paranormal phenomenon happening all over the place and an fbi agent investigating.

What day does it air?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin
    Watched it last nite...gotta say, its a pretty good show. Kept me really interested all the way through. Great acting as well. It seems kinda like the X-Files though....paranormal phenomenon happening all over the place and an fbi agent investigating.

What day does it air?
    Looks like it'll be airing on Tuesdays at 9pm EST.

I finally got around to watching the pilot, I'm impressed... and hooked. I'll be watching this for sure. I kind of like the idea of self-contained episode plots all leading toward a greater overall mystery. It definitely has that JJ Abrams feel to it too.

When does the series actually begin? Have they announced it yet?
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

It premieres September 9th. I actually saw the offical whatever its called at comicon and I must say it is one slick show. Looks expensive to make though, so I hope it gets good ratings so that fox doesnt drop it cause they are cheap.

Sig made by Lucifus

Yea, i'm looking forward to this show!

For those that are interested and haven't seen the first episode yet, here's the aired version:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/1788170

It premiered last night, and didn't notice differences between this version and the dvdscr version. As I mentioned before, the pilot episode was quite kickass.

Next week show moves to the 9:00pm slot... House's season premiere will start at 8:00pm. Looks like Tuesday nights are going to be awesome for FOX this season.

Also, there'll be repeat of this episode on Sunday, that will include a sneak peak of the next episode... like the first 5 minutes or so:
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...?categoryid=14

This column is a good read, and recommended for everyone watching or planning to watch Fringe:
    http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...ions/800046471

Here's a sample:

What's up with those symbols (leaf, frog, etc.) that appear before commercial breaks? Are they some kind of puzzle that we're supposed to "figure out"?
    Well, not exactly. "They are all things that look natural, but have more to them; they've been altered," says Orci. For now, he advises only that you note the order in which they appear on the series. For the record, so far we've only seen the leaf, which was floating around inside the Massive Dynamic handprint scanner in the final scene.

I'm downloading episode 1 now - I want to watch it again as completely intended as opposed to the original pilot. That, and I want it fresh in my mind before more episodes air.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I watched episode one with my wife, second time for me, and it seemed slower paced to me. The first time through was very enjoyable. The preview for the next episode looks intense so thats promising. I read in an interview that J.J. thought the next few episodes were much better than the pilot. The pilot cost 10 mil and it got a 9.9 (ratings) share or whatever, which they felt was disappointing numbers but it re-airs on Sunday so hopefully more people will jump on board to ride the fringe wagon. Fox better not give up early on this show, I think it has great potential.
    Last edited by Foomanchew24; Sat, 09-13-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Sig made by Lucifus

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar
    I like that article Munsu. It makes me want to play closer attention to the details when I'm watching the show.
    I'm a big fan of Lost and that's why I gave this show a chance. The visual scenes (the bodies...) I thought were really cool AND the dramatic music is similar to Lost. I like it so far!

I tried my best...

this...seems interesting in its own right, but it really feels like a rehash of the x-files too, which i'm incidentally rewatching these days. mysterious phenomenon, fbi agents, possibly conspiracy theories. i hope j.j. abrams does something unique with this show to make it stand out.

also, the whole "letters floating in space over the place they're supposed to represent" idea seems cool in theory, but somehow, i really kinda hate it when it's actually done. it's cheesy and takes away from the realism of the scenes in question

edit: oh, and also, the main reason this show caught my attention in the first place is because john noble's in it. denethorrrrr!

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saman
    also, the whole "letters floating in space over the place they're supposed to represent" idea seems cool in theory, but somehow, i really kinda hate it when it's actually done. it's cheesy and takes away from the realism of the scenes in question
    I agree!! Everytime it shows up, it looks like a sign/billboard. Takes me a second to realize it's not. =/

I tried my best...

Quote Originally Posted by saman
    it really feels like a rehash of the x-files
    That is exactly why I love this show. Its feels like a newer, fresher X-files and there really hasn't been any series since X-files, that filled that niche. I think they are definitely going to distinguish themselves from the X-files though and the huge budget should help.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I think there are more sites like that around... I'm pretty sure this is another viral site:
    http://www.glowingmonkeys.com/

Second episode tonight, and also House returns!

No comments on the second ep? Just got around to watching it last night.

Waltler Bishop is a hoot sometimes, just the way he forgets shit. I like that they have him as a wild card. Plus you add the fact that he wanted to keep the medical history of his son a secret...??? I am thinking that a 190 IQ didnt come from good genes alone!

assertnfailure (7:40:03 PM): dude....your posts are a bunch of nonsense