Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 60

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    The reason you missed it is because Arch made half of that stuff he said up.

The ONLY thing that Jirayia said was "Don't use "that technique"" without ever explaining what he was talking about.

Its pretty obvious after watching the rest of that arc that he meant the Demon Fox Cloak. Especially since he gives Kakashi a counter for it and is all "if a second tail grows, use this"

Since the Oodoma Rasengan doesn't do anything but make Naruto a little tired theres nothing that even suggests it uses Kyuubi chakra. Its not red, its not even purple. Its exactly what it sounds like. Just a bigger Rasengan.
    I decided not to pry anymore, since I thought I've seen Archie's name in the manga threads a couple of times.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Since the Oodoma Rasengan doesn't do anything but make Naruto a little tired theres nothing that even suggests it uses Kyuubi chakra. Its not red, its not even purple. Its exactly what it sounds like. Just a bigger Rasengan.
    Ohh then i guess the red eyes were just some cool contact lenses then

I never said that was what actually happened in the anime, it's my own theory on things based on facts from the anime.

You say it's so obvious the forbidden technique is the nine tails coat, even tough it's not really a technique and naruto has almost no control over it. Even after the nice chit chat he had with yamato, after being attacked by sasuke his eyes were already going red and if sasuke hadn't suppressed the kyuubi who knows what might have happened.

For all we know jiraya could have just told him not to use the oodama rasengan because he hadn't mastered it completely and it severely depleted his chakra reserves, it might not have anything to do with the kyuubi, but that's just another theory, the fact still remains we don't have enough information to make any final conclusions on the subject just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I decided not to pry anymore, since I thought I've seen Archie's name in the manga threads a couple of times.
    Naruto's manga thread? Not only i'm in invisible mode most of the times i never go there with fear of spoilers so i really have no idea where you got that from.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    well archangel... actually I never heard something about that he shouldn't use that rasengan.

"don't use *that*" (thats what he said afaik) means that he shouldn't use the four tails or two tails etc. because he will lose control over it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Naruto's manga thread? Not only i'm in invisible mode most of the times i never go there with fear of spoilers so i really have no idea where you got that from.
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I wasn't sure, but I didn't want any chance of spoilers, so I just stopped. I also had nothing to add to my point.

whats the point of oodama rasengan? its not like his regular one isnt lethal, hes just never really hit anyone with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    whats the point of oodama rasengan? its not like his regular one isnt lethal, hes just never really hit anyone with it.
    I think it was only a intermediate for Naruto to develop before he can do anything else with it, like the weak rasengan that left a swirl mark on trees. With only shape manipulation chakra skills, and the rasengan already being at the top of it, all he can do is pack more power until he learns something else useful.

Ohh then i guess the red eyes were just some cool contact lenses then

I never said that was what actually happened in the anime, it's my own theory on things based on facts from the anime.

You say it's so obvious the forbidden technique is the nine tails coat, even tough it's not really a technique and naruto has almost no control over it. Even after the nice chit chat he had with yamato, after being attacked by sasuke his eyes were already going red and if sasuke hadn't suppressed the kyuubi who knows what might have happened.

For all we know jiraya could have just told him not to use the oodama rasengan because he hadn't mastered it completely and it severely depleted his chakra reserves, it might not have anything to do with the kyuubi, but that's just another theory, the fact still remains we don't have enough information to make any final conclusions on the subject just yet.
    Your theory falters for two reasons.

1. The episode is 8-9 and what Jiraya specifically says (at 20 min into the DB version) is "I know you know this,but, don't use that power." Not technique. In that context it makes it much more clear that he's referencing the Kyubi.

2. Naruto uses the Oodama Rasengan very early in the arc, with little to no real negative effects. He didn't even come close to loosing control or changing into the Kyubi. In fact the only thing in this arc that has consistantly resulted in him changing into Kyubi has been his own temper going out of control. Which just so happens to be another thing Jiraya warned/scolded him about. Why would they have Jiraya make such a big deal out using the Oodama Rasengan then have him use it and utterly trivialize it? Meanwhile the second he goes into Kyubi cloak it's extremely obvious that he's completely out of control and a danger to everyone, further reinforcing the notion that that was the "power" jiraya was referencing

Taking what was said, and the way the two things were presented it's beyond me how you could even begin to suspect Jiraya was warning him against the giant rasengan instead of the Kyubi's power.

On the current episode, it actually wasn't bad. For a Naruto filler anyway. The fights were decent although a bit short, but hopefully we get a lot more in the next episode.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Really, I don't see a good thing in episode 60

what is it, which makes you guys say it was decent, or even good?
    The fights were all crap imho, not tense and not good animated there were only 1 or 2 small scenes which were "normal" but not as close to the level we saw 1 (or 2) episodes before when that windguy was fighting Naruto (forgot his name and ya that episode also had some scenes which simply looked ridicilous and one thought that it came directly out of a DBZ episode, but it wasn't as bad as this one)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    In fact the only thing in this arc that has consistantly resulted in him changing into Kyubi has been his own temper going out of control.
    If that was the only way for the kyuubi to come out then yamato wouldn't be supervising naruto's training.

If that was the only way for the kyuubi to come out then yamato wouldn't be supervising naruto's training.
    Lets not twist words eh?I didn't say it was the only way, i said it was the only way that it has happened in this Arc. There is also a big difference between the amount of exhaustion created from creating a massive amount of shadow clones, having them all train in a very high level techniquefor hours apon hours, dispelling them and having all of their exhaustion mulitplied upon yourself and simply using Oodama Rasengan. That is once again illustrated by the way these things are presented in the show. Naruto uses Oodama and gets a little winded. Dispelling the clones after training drains him completely to empty, to the point he passes out cold.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    Really, I don't see a good thing in episode 60

what is it, which makes you guys say it was decent, or even good?
    Good for a filler episode, not necessarily compared to manga based episodes. Though given the quality of some of the pre filler eps some people might be willing to argue that one.
    Last edited by Crash; Wed, 05-28-2008 at 06:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Naruto uses Oodama and gets a little winded. Dispelling the clones after training drains him completely to empty, to the point he passes out cold.
    Sorry that's incorrect.

The reason why naruto passes out is not because of physical but mental exhaustion, having all that information pushed into his head ( see here ) and after using the oodama rasengan he seems to get a little beyond winded, more like so tired he can't even run anymore and using that much chakra may very well pull the kyuubi out.

The anime was translated as exhaustion, also absorbing mental stress to the point of passing out sounds stupid. I would like a third opinion!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessper
    The anime was translated as exhaustion, also absorbing mental stress to the point of passing out sounds stupid. I would like a third opinion!
    Obviously you never watched "The Butterfly Effect"

Sorry that's incorrect.

The reason why naruto passes out is not because of physical but mental exhaustion, having all that information pushed into his head ( see here ) and after using the oodama rasengan he seems to get a little beyond winded, more like so tired he can't even run anymore and using that much chakra may very well pull the kyuubi out.

I'd love to know what your smoking. Naruto was running just fine after using the Oodama, they continued on until Kakashi forced them all to take a rest later in the evening because their "pace had slowed considerably". That also was not exclusively due to the Oodama. They had already been running for hours before the fight, then ran for atleast a few more hours before stoping after the fight.

As for Naruto only passing out from "mental" exhaustion, i doubt that though i'm sure it's a factor. The fact is Naruto is splitting all his Chakra up amongst a mass of clones, and having them all doing some very intensive training. The anime translates it as exhaustion, your manga link translates it as mental stress, to be honest in that kind of training he'd be piling up both.

I'll end this "debate" with this post though since we're just running in circles and it isn't really relevant to this episode. You're just avoiding rebutal against any significant points i make and trying to discredit my posts by twisting my words and using differently translated manga material to "correct" minor things based on anime translation. Your more than welcome to continue deluding yourself into thinking Oodama Rasengan is the big bad power Jiraya was warning him about using if that somehow makes it cooler or more interesting to you regardless of if wording/events of the show support it or not. I couldn't care less, i just didn't want the rest of the boards taking that flimsy theory as fact.
    Last edited by Crash; Thu, 05-29-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yay i won

I hate writting long posts good thing u accepted the truth and gave up on your retardness

*Dances*

Thought I posted this yesterday but apparently I didn't. It makes me laugh every time Archangel calls someone else retarded.

First off Naruto was exhausted after using Oodama rasengan because not only was he tired from fighting Itachi but the Oodama rasengan uses up a massive of amount of chakra, Kyuubi chakra. Now I have no idea what about this would make them think it would be blue especially considering that right before that Naruto was using a huge amount of the Kyuubi's chakra to try to break out of Itachi's genjutsu, but then again I also have no idea why they decided to change the color of Sasuke's sword or why they changed the seal on Neji's forehead or why there were blue balls of chakra floating around the 4 tailed Naruto or why the seal on Sasuke's shoulder was mysteriously appearing and then disappearing but whatever. I mean even in that little flashback they had with Jiraiya talking to Naruto about using the technique. Jiraiya held his palm up making it appear as if he was holding the sun in hands, a red sun at sunset, yet they still made the technique blue.

Yes it was mental exhaustion. I don't know why you would try to argue an anime translation over a manga translation but whatever. Firstly you wouldn't suffer physical exhaustion from shadow clones that would just be stupid. What I mean is that if you have your shadow clone run a mile then you yourself wouldn't feel exhausted as if it was you yourself that had run a mile.

Secondly Naruto isn't suffering much physical strain from using this training method the very reason he can use this method is because he has so much chakra and stamina that any strain from using this method would be negligible. Other than the shadow clones there is nothing strenuous about this training, all he is doing is running some chakra through a leaf and as we've seen over and over again using an insane amount shadow doesn't seem to have any effect on Naruto. One of the advantages of the technique is that it allows the user to create multiple physical copies of himself, the drawback to that is that the chakra of the user is divided up between himself and the clones. The other advantage is that whatever knowledge and experience the clones acquires is transferred to the user when the technique is dispelled, the drawback is that along with that knowledge and experience the user also acquires the mental exhaustion incurred by the clones. So it was said and so it is.

Now as for what Jiraiya was talking about, its been 2 years since the manga was at that point and we still haven't got a clear cut answer. What I believe he was talking about is the so called Kyuubi's cloak. More specifically going 4 tails because up until that point Naruto is more or less in control and going four tails seems to require a conscious decision on Naruto's part to submit to the Kyuubi and relinquish control of his body. Not to mention that right before he warned Naruto about using that jutsu he was admonishing him about loosing control of himself and becoming too angry to think properly.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Blog Entries
    yeah... I'm not reading that Abdula

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    Yes it was mental exhaustion. I don't know why you would try to argue an anime translation over a manga translation but whatever. Firstly you wouldn't suffer physical exhaustion from shadow clones that would just be stupid. What I mean is that if you have your shadow clone run a mile then you yourself wouldn't feel exhausted as if it was you yourself that had run a mile.
    Perhaps because that is stupid. No amount of studying you do is going to kill you. Either Kakashi was seriously overstating the issue or there is more to it that mental exhaustion. Also, how does the Kyuubi help with mental exhaustion?

Plus I wasn't arguing a anime translation over a manga one, I was jokingly asking for a third opinion.

The Kyuubi isn't going to help with mental exhaustion and the mental exhaustion isn't what would kill him the most that would happen is that he would pass out and would need to rest for some time before he can continue training. What would kill him is using up all his chakra on shadow clones and Naruto doesn't have to worry about that.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Guys.......

guh....

Among the manga community, it's assumed that Jiraiya's warning was in reference to the 4th tail. This is based on the same evidence that has already been shown in the anime. Lets try not to think about it too much, ok? Naruto is a kids show and anything intended to be remotely complex usually gets beaten into our heads like a dead horse.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07