Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Chapter 399

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I'm sure most of the story is true, however I would be surprised if Madara wasn't lying about the Kyubi's second attack being a "natural disaster."
    You know, after you mentioned that, it got me thinking about one of the chapters before Jiraiya had fought Pain. I remember him saying that before the 4th died, he knew of something really important. Thus why he sealed the Kyubi into his son. Perhaps he knew that the Kyubi was controlled again. Who else would know something like that besides the man who fought it head on and sealed it away?

And after Naruto's fight with Sasuke at the Valley of the End, Kakashi had said that their lives are remarkably like Madara's and the 1st's. I really think Sasuke might join Madara's ranks to get revenge for his brother and his clan. And he thinks nothing of the Leaf Village anymore anyway.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

So Itachi was a spy for Konoha's higher ups.

It seems like he was probably a spy in Akatsuki also for Konoha's higher ups. And i do agree that it would make sense that he was part of Roots. Roots probably knew Madara was alive, and sent Itachi into Akatsuki to track Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by chet_chetty
    I have no idea how to speculate it outside of a convenient Obito theory, but I find it worthy of pointing out the panel of Madara gripping his right arm with his left hand and it making a "clench" sound. I want to think there was a significant reason for that panel to be included.
    Please don't try to include another Obito theory here. We've had enough of those...I don't see how this story has anything to do with Obito anyhow. Give the poor guy a rest and let him die in an amazing backstory

As for this chapter, this story makes me feel that Madara is not as bad as I thought he was before. I understand his situation and it really makes the founders of Konoha and hokages seem unethnical. However, as some of you said, I also think that he is holding some lies and truth from Sasuke.

But I am lead to believe that Madara will turn out to be the ultimate villian type of character...just because there really isn't anyone strong enough to be one..maybe except Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Darthmoe
    So Itachi was a spy for Konoha's higher ups.

It seems like he was probably a spy in Akatsuki also for Konoha's higher ups.
    Wouldn't that be something if Itachi turned out to be Jiraiya's spy?

And for what not reason would Jiraya's agenda be?

..no, seroiusly?
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Jiraiya tried to kill Itachi way back when he first appeared with Kisame, so I don' think that's the case.

I think it's really interesting how this story is developing. Were the Hokages unethical? It depends on your point of view. Personally I don't think so.

1) Hashirama was clearly the people's choice, the only guy opposing him was Madara. So first off there was nothing wrong with Hashirama becoming Hokage instead of Madara or any other Uchiha.

2) It was Madara that actually did the first act of betrayal by attacking Hashirama with Kyuubi. You have to bear in mind that at that point, Hashirama was no longer simply the head of the Senju, a rival clan. He was Hokage, and as Kage of Konoha he represented both Senju and Uchiha. So Madara actually attacked the leadership of the Uchiha as well as the Senju. His attempts were to destabilise the village for supremacy only, because at that point he was, and this is even if we can believe him here, out of his paranoia that one day the Uchiha will be exterminated by the Senju. The possibility still remains he fought out of lust for power.

3) When the second Hokage made the Uchiha the military police, Madara may have had a point that they were being watched essentially. Though not good, it still gave them more authority than any other clan in the village, such as the Hyuuga, Nara, Aburame etc. Perhaps it could have been handled differently, but then I don't think this is a reason for an all out war and blood letting. This is again something that was political and needed to be resolved politically, if at all. In my view unless the Uchiha were expressly barred from taking the title of Hokage in the future, then there was nothing wrong. Actually it may be interesting now why Sarutobi become the third Hokage. Maybe he was chosen not only because of his ability, but because he was still a child and not from the generations that fought in the previous wars. He was not carrying all that political baggage.

4) The Uchiha should not have been segregated as they were when Kyuubi attacked again. The heads of Konoha decided to do this without firm evidence that an Uchiha from the village was behind this, and this was their mistake. This lead to distrust and hatred to breed. This I think was Konoha's only mistake in all this, as it played in to the hands of those Uchiha who thought like Madara and they would have felt humiliated. What the Uchiha did in response by trying a coup was wrong as well, but by that time it seems they felt too sidelined to think that they could resolve things politically. Whether the response of Konoha was proportionate i.e. to massacre the entire Uchiha clan in response to the coup, that is up for debate. I don't think this should have been done. In fact, I find it hard to believe that Sarutobi would have sanctioned something like this. It remains to be seen now in the next chapter how the massacre actually transpired.
    Last edited by DB_Hunter; Sun, 05-11-2008 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by February
    Please don't try to include another Obito theory here. We've had enough of those...I don't see how this story has anything to do with Obito anyhow.
    I'm only referring to that one panel and nothing else let alone the Konoha history story. Again I ask why would Kishi include that panel of Madara's left hand gripping his right arm?

It's not like my Obito theory is some generic one. There's actually a little bit of detail to it however far fetched it may be. All the same it's not a theory I would purport with full force as I am more than open to any other interpretations of that panel.

He was clenching his arm when he was talking about taking his brother's eyes.....
    I think this would more likely imply that he still regrets having to do that, rather than, you know, suggesting he's Obito...

Jiraiya made a theory when he was talking to the frog key that the Kyubi's attack might not have been a natural disaster... Itachi also revealed that Madara has the power to control Kyubi... finally, it's already been shown that Madara has controlled Kyubi in the past. Three key details that could suggest Madara is lying about it being a natural disaster, but then again, who knows? Maybe these details are meant to justify the advisors' suspicions towards Uchiha...

Also, to answer whoever asked about it on the previous page -- Uchiha has the power to control Kyubi, Hashirama only has the power to pacify Kyubi.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chet_chetty
    I find it hard to believe Madara's brother willingly gave him his eyes when neither had the knowledge that an eternal MS would result from it. And why did Madara's brother have to sacrifice his eyes and not vice-versa? Was it known that Madara was the obvious stronger of the two and Uchiha's best shot was for him to carry his brother's eyes?
    I don't really doubt that part of the story. Madara's MS was probably making him go blind. It's not inconceivable that a person might give his brother and clan leader eyes -- at least not in the Narutoverse. Indeed, Madara appears to have regretted it. We already saw a similar situation in the Hyuuga clan.

Eternal eyes was a side effect.

He was clenching his arm when he was talking about taking his brother's eyes.....
    I think this would more likely imply that he still regrets having to do that, rather than, you know, suggesting he's Obito...
    A sign of regret makes total sense. I wasn't trying to suggest that there had to be some complicated meaning when he clenched his arm...I just wanted to know what else it could mean and not ignore it.

When Kyuubi told Sasuke he had a chakra that reminded him of Uchiha Madara, it was implied that they had a past relationship...another thing disputing Kyuubi's attack as a natural disaster.

The Itachi situation, at least to me, is not done yet. If he was a spy for the higher-ups, why do they not know Madara is still alive, and running Akatsuki. Also, (this might just be an uneven translation) Madara shows no signs of hesitation, and the amount of panels used to actually show us Madara in the past lead me to believe that his story is true.

Theres a good chance that someone in konoha knows about madara...most likely its danzo and maybe one or two other advisors.

The thing is, once itachi carreid out his mission to eliminate the uchiha clan, he was probably sent by the higher ups to join the ranks of akatsuki (he could've easily gone into hiding, no need to join the bad guys)....someone in konoha probably knew or suspected that madara was behind the kyuubi attack. They either suspected that he'd be the one running an organization like akatsuki, or at the very least, an organization like that would have some information on him...thats probably why they sent itachi there.

Hell, its even possible that after finishing his mission, he was sent to join akatsuki (since he obviously couldn't return) so konoha would have an inside man on a rogue group, one that had oro as a member. Information is power afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiodos
    And for what not reason would Jiraya's agenda be?

..no, seroiusly?
    ...What?

That's interesting, someone here is obviously lying, either Madara or Itachi. I got the impression from Itachi that Madara helped him kill the entire clan, and now Madara is telling us a story suggesting that he was trying to build up the Uchiha clan. The plot grows deeper....

I'm pretty sure Itachi was lying about Madara, because I don't think, based on his backstory, that Madara would kill his own clan.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I'm pretty sure Itachi was lying about Madara, because I don't think, based on his backstory, that Madara would kill his own clan.
    I thought so too but its probable because Madara said he was betrayed by them. He probably has inner guilt for that? Thats the most logical explanation

Yamato would get owned no doubt
    Agreed.
    But didn't it say that the 1st hokage was able to control the bijuu as well?
    The way I understood it - the 1rst and/or Yamato are able to control the bijuu chakra, but not the deamon itself.

I just thoguht that the 1st had the power to negate, 'subdue', 'seal', oppose, weaken, 'repeal' the kyuubi, not to control it.

I don't believe the netural disater thing, it seems too anti-climatic and out of place.
    However, I could believe that the Uchiha basterds were planning to seal Kyuubi inside one of there own babies\kids (Sasuke? Itachi? Madare? choose your favorite) and use it's powers to rebel. but the 4th spoiled their plans by sealing the demon into Naruto, and now Madare wants to reclaim the demons and attack the leaf village.

but there's no way that Madare's telling the truth. Itachi fucking dies to protect Sasuke from Madare, so things are more than meets the eye (even if the eye has Byakugan, Sharingan and Ringan)

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    so things are more than meets the eye (even if the eye has Byakugan, Sharingan and Ringan)

Oh man, that's terrible!

ya, wtf happened to the rinigan storyline? we get introduced to some uber leet doujutsu thats better then the sharingan and then nothing. i hope they tie things back to akatsuki's original plans, and pein's backstory.