Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 57-58

The filler writers always end up introducing elements that "conveniently" showed up shortly prior to it in the actual storyline. They introduce elemental form manipulation and now there's already a wind guy that not only manipulates wind chakra, but also enhances his blades the same way Asuma does.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

I thought this was an amazing episode. I don't read the manga, and had i not checked here, you could have told me it was not filler and I'd have believed you.

They are weaving it quite well into the story, with well-timed flashbacks and lots of connections to the "real" story and characters. The overall feel of the episode was like a regular ep. of Naruto...the humor, the fighting, the music, the characters...nothing seemed lame or out of place, and I'm excited to see this continue.

Naruto mimicking Sora's training...hilarious...fave part of the episode.

lucky....

Thhe start of this filler scratches on the idea that this is a almost well written Naruto Movie, just that it's been cut in minor episodes.

And I do like that!
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

I have a question that isn't really related to this episode but i remember a few episodes back, naruto switched to like HD or something, and ever since then, everytime i downloaded naruto from bearshare, (torrent programs dont work for me for some reason, like i would start downloading something and it would stay at 0%) and i would try to play it with windows media player, i would get the audio but the video wouldnt work, so ever since then I've been forced to watch it on youtube :'(.

have the past few eps been better drawn or animated or better quality than previously?

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    Yes, they look good. This episode had very nice art. The animation varies -- some of the fighting was pretty cool. Naruto doing a cartwheel was ridiculous enough that it made me laugh.

Missing Nin
    @Mizuchi
    try this site for direct downloads of the episodes. You need to join there forums and post something once for every 3 downloads but they at least usually do Naruto and Bleach weekly if that helps.

http://www.national-anime.com/free_media.php

Also try updating your codecs that sounds like your problem.

As for the episode whats this good filler? I like filler that fleshes out some of the characters. I also don't mind them extending Naruto's training like this. Overall I actually really liked this episode and look forward to the rest of the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchi
    I have a question that isn't really related to this episode but i remember a few episodes back, naruto switched to like HD or something, and ever since then, everytime i downloaded naruto from bearshare, (torrent programs dont work for me for some reason, like i would start downloading something and it would stay at 0%) and i would try to play it with windows media player, i would get the audio but the video wouldnt work, so ever since then I've been forced to watch it on youtube :'(.

have the past few eps been better drawn or animated or better quality than previously?
    DB switched from xvid to h264 for both Naruto and Bleach a few eps ago. Your problem is a codec one, like DDBen said.

*sigh* I dont know if i have a virus or what. I downloaded windows media player 11 and still no luck. Any ways i can manually install or update the codec? I already have a virus that doesnt let me use internet explorer (makes page cannot be displayed thing whenever i try and use it), so i made firefox my main browser. :'(

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Get the VLC player, it is a MUCH better player. It should solve all, if not most, of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi

Get the VLC player, it is a MUCH better player. It should solve all, if not most, of your problems.
    WHY IS MY COMPUTER TURNING RANDOM COLORS AND BLINKING OWNED?!?!?!?!?!?:?!?!?!?!

hahah jkk

thanks a lot man look for the cattle in the sky, it will bring you 7 years of good harvest. But beware of the wild rabbit... be oh so wary of the rabbit...

Windows Media Player with the CCCP codec pack has never failed to play anything for me.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar

I hate VLC 8[ the video quality is better than with wmp-classic, but I can't skip forward without having serious problems... maybe my computer isn't strong enough.. but I also use Zoom-Player at the moment, which is my favorite for now.. great colours etc and no problems with skipping ~30 minutes or more.

2nd on the WMP CCCP combo, I think I've had one anime ever not run in it, some random mecha thingie.

I don't get why naruto doesn't just use em as a distraction, or ever keep some of the tricks that have been used before. Shapeshifting his clones, use most of his clones as a distraction to setup one of those 5 man combo's hes done, clones fight while he sneaks around behind.

Anything besides the "omg rush ftw ftw ftw oh noes i lost my clones"

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I don't know why he doesn't transform them into weapons like he did in the first shippudden episode, or even in the classic episode vs zabuza... (you remember that big shuriken thingy?)

this would be actually a great technique... the enemy HAS to dodge it, and if he dodge it, he can release the transformation and grab his arm or something... or even just release it and the clone throws ~2-3 kunais by himself after that.. he will corner his enemy very quickly this way and the rasengan would be able to hit the target this way....

and in narutoverse it seems very difficult for ninjas to dodge attacks when they are in midair.. its such a great opening and naruto never uses it and he doesn't even try to get him to such a position.. kakashi for example FORCED naruto to jump during the first shippudden episode and took advantage of that very quickly.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Wed, 05-14-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Very true KrayZ33, but remember, Kakashi is a good ninja and Naruto is a retard.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Windows Media Player with the CCCP codec pack has never failed to play anything for me.
    Agreed.

Very true KrayZ33, but remember, Kakashi is a good ninja and Naruto is a retard.
    Also agreed.