Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

@Xan: At this point in your degree program, shouldn't you try to find a job that's more in your field? Though I must say, Pappasitos could be a blast. Do you get discounts on the food? I've always heard there's a lot of extracurricular mingling among the wait staff at places like that.

2. depends on the movie

@Buffalobiian: do you know if you passed them all or not? That steak dinner might be premature if not.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    @Xan: At this point in your degree program, shouldn't you try to find a job that's more in your field? Though I must say, Pappasitos could be a blast. Do you get discounts on the food? I've always heard there's a lot of extracurricular mingling among the wait staff at places like that.
    Yes, I probably should be, but I didn't start looking until early June, so I'm taking what I can get at this point.

And yes, Pappasitos seems like it'd be a fun place to work, seeing as how a bunch of the people there are around my age.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    @Buffalobiian: do you know if you passed them all or not? That steak dinner might be premature if not.
    Yeah, I know. One of them was really close as well. But I thought we'd do this for finishing them, chill out for two weeks, and freak out the day results come out. There's two that I owned, two that were alright, and one that's pretty iffy. If we all pass, we could celebrate again, perhaps in a more wallet-friendly manner.

I should really find a job that relates to my profession too. But until then, I'll stay at my pizza joint and rack up whatever pay and experience it gives.

Congrats Xan and Eurasian.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Congrats Xan and Eurasian.
    Eurasian was congratulating you for finishing your exams. She has a long way to go yet.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I've been smiling for the past two days. For one, it's exam week, which means I get about 150 easy questions done in about half an hour, with two exams per day. It also means that I have two hours to do absolutely nothing. Third best thing about it is that I get out early.

Though the main reason I'm smiling today is because both of today's exams are being held in computer labs. Awesome.

Edit: And now I'm smiling because I'm completely finished with all of my exams.
    Last edited by python862; Fri, 06-20-2008 at 10:12 AM.
    Now 99% disease free!

Eurasian was congratulating you for finishing your exams. She has a long way to go yet.
    In that case, I'll rephrase that as Good Luck!!

I'm let off early, but I'll be back in Semester 2 in 4 weeks or so. You guys'll have till September.

i'm smiling because the government finally sent me my tax refund, after two months of submission. some serious shopping is in order!

okay, not really, because i have to pay off my visa and then save the rest, but still, yay monies!

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar
    I have a long way to go?? And you know this how?

I tried my best...

He is all-seeing.
    Now 99% disease free!

This little thing ;o

-----------------

This made me laugh more than smile:

Mio's Knight Rider GPS speaks with the voice of KITT

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    The new Opeth CD. I haven't been this happy, in years probably.

this:

if you dont notice, its mgs4 on the ps3 i bought today ;o
    -----------------

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar
    Omg...your upper shelf is exploding!!

I tried my best...

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    this:

if you dont notice, its mgs4 on the ps3 i bought today ;o
    Nice..very nice. Can you display higher resolutions than SD onto that monitor?

Some high end CRTs can display up to 2056x1542.

why wouldn't I be able to, monitors have been "hd" for ages you know >_>, that monitor supports up to 1920x1080@85hz or 2048x1536@66hz, the one on the right goes up to 1920x1080@33hz or 1680x1050@60hz.

edit: like BOC said.
    -----------------

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...Roe865PE&s=775
    http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...NF3-VSTA&s=AM2

OMGWTFBBQROFLMAO!!!!!11

Yeah it's a pretty geeky thing to laugh about. I had a real good chuckle about these two products with a coworker today.

the only thing i think is funny about them is that they have all those high end support, but with an agp slot.
    -----------------

It's the chipsets. Conroe on 865 and Phenom on nForce3. It's completely ridiculous how they even got that working. They're not "supposed" to work.