Page 34 of 89 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

As naive as it sounds, I think instead of going through all of this trouble participating in auctioning wars, you should slowly become a regular at a computer parts retailer, befriend one of the staff or managers there and get discounted parts that way.

It's his hobby, enkoujin. He's talking about his ebay wins all the time and even his Location is set to ebay. I have no doubt saving money is just one part of it to him. The other part equals to those people who visit to all the auctions in the city and neighbouring towns just because it interests them.

Finally got an internet connection at our(the family's) cabin. It is situated in the middle of nowhere, among a ton of small islands, west in Norway. Good thing there are a few more cabins out here, otherwise I doubt anyone would be willing to do it(without taking a huge price for it).

It was sort of fun seeing them get the wires stuck in the trees while working on it, the terrain is filled with small hills, with water on all sides plus trees in random places so I can imagine it being quite difficult. It was sunny though(which is rare here) so I don't think they disliked it much. I think they were stretching them for 500-600 meters so it must have taken a while. It's just 2mbps but I'm happy with it. Oh and it will be sunny tomorrow too, so I am happy.

This made me smile today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e2JH...e=channel_page

That could be the coolest thing I've ever seen on Youtube

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar

I went to get a monster from 7-11 and they had 3 new ones... I was intrigued so I got one. Had me pretty jacked up most of the day. I really think they should do all of their other drinks in a 12oz re-sealable can like that and do away w\ the 16oz cans.

I played chicken with a guy for like half a mile with no lights.

-----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    ISP came out with new plans and upgraded me from 72GB/month to 75GB/month quota at no cost. It's not that big a difference when you look at it like that, but it's actually broken down into offpeak and peak quotas:

Offpeak: 2am-12pm = 60GB
    Peak: 12pm-2am = 15GB (was 12GB)

In that regard, a 25% increase in the quota that I'd actually have a reasonable probability of breaking makes me smile.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    H&R block found $713 on my tax return from this year that is owed to me ^^

oh, and am also getting the $8,000 first time home buyers tax credit ^^

Camping.

It kicks ass, especially when you are wedged inside of a tent normally made for two children.

And you also feel more hardcore than the people with A/C campers/caravans/trailers and satellite television.

back from 4 day birthday-drunken-lan-party organized by my friend - it was totally awesome.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Found a really nice note left by my ex-roommate when I returned home today. Despite all the shitty things between her and I that happened over the past few months, it still makes me feel pretty optimistic about people.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Found a really nice note left by my ex-roommate when I returned home today. Despite all the shitty things between her and I that happened over the past few months, it still makes me feel pretty optimistic about people.
    So how was living with a female in a platonic relationship? I'm thinking of getting a roommate and I'd prefer it's a female, but I'm sure there's a downside to that arrangement.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    So how was living with a female in a platonic relationship? I'm thinking of getting a roommate and I'd prefer it's a female, but I'm sure there's a downside to that arrangement.
    I wouldn't be able to tell you. It didn't start as platonic.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I wouldn't be able to tell you. It didn't start as platonic.
    So a live-in gf? Was it like being married?

If I seem overly-curious it's because I just got a house and I'm thinking of getting a female roommate. I think a female would be more respectful of the place and my stuff and just cleaner in general. The only issue would be if she brought her dirt-bag boyfriend over, if she has a bf.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Sun, 08-16-2009 at 11:09 PM.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

pattern recognition failure

I've started talking to my Ex again, after several months of distance between us.

we talked out some problems we had last time, and things are really going well.

I'm sure this time it won't fall apart because I can't stay inside the 'just friends' box.

really, this time it'll be different.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

New member of my family:

His name from the SPCA is Apple Jack, but I call him AJ or pootchie.

A dog in a cage? That's a first.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Looks like a cheerful little fella. That cage is a tad depressing though.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Gonna give Animeniax the benefit of the doubt and assume his new dog isn't housebroken yet, and/or the cage is just a way of establishing the dog's "territory" in a new apartment.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs