Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you smile today?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    "... Must be awesome to be rich..."
    Which is what most people reading your post were thinking about you ^^ Sounds like you're living in the Entourage universe.

Went to a sweet bbq/house party in the OC and ate way too much delicious food, swung by a rooftop party at a ritzy hotel during the fireworks in Hollywood, then enjoyed a hot cappuccino and watched kung fu panda in a jacuzzi on the roof of a very swanky house overlooking LA.

Best 4th of July ever.
    Hopefully there were girls present, though I've had just as much fun at sausage parties as at parties with chicks.

Must be awesome to be rich.
    I don't know, the rappers say "mo money mo problems."

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Hopefully there were girls present, though I've had just as much fun at sausage parties as at parties with chicks.

I don't know, the rappers say "mo money mo problems."
    Let them be on the Forbes list, then see if they have problems lol.

Edit: you think the Google guys have "problems"? lol

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    http://www.gourmetnutrition.com/

This book finally came in the mail. Hopefully I can move past cooking the same chicken dish for myself every day.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

This book finally came in the mail. Hopefully I can move past cooking the same chicken dish for myself every day.
    Hmm, looks interesting. Please use it a month and report back if it's worth the $40.

I've had success with Food Network's Giada di Laurentiis' recipes, though it'd be a stretch to call her recipes "healthy".

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I've had success with Food Network's Giada di Laurentiis' recipes, though it'd be a stretch to call her recipes "healthy".
    True. Then again, they're delicious, shes hot, and it's Italian food. I don't care who you are, if you ask, if it's Italian food, it's going to be good. Shes an import anyway, you know it's going to be good. Very few people dislike Italian food. Very few

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo

I have this weird idea that everyone who has had parents should know how to cook >_>, unless the parents were incompetent in this area as well.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    I have this weird idea that everyone who has had parents should know how to cook >_>, unless the parents were incompetent in this area as well.
    In the US, you're lucky if your parents teach you how to count and spell and stay out of the street. Cooking is a definite luxury, and you're extremely lucky if your parents even know how to cook, much more so if they teach you how to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chancellor
    True. Then again, they're delicious, shes hot, and it's Italian food. I don't care who you are, if you ask, if it's Italian food, it's going to be good. Shes an import anyway, you know it's going to be good. Very few people dislike Italian food. Very few
    Not entirely true, as with any recipe it's possible to have the taste not agree with you. I've tried other Italian recipes and they didn't have that magic, and eating at Olive Garden has been hit and miss. Even some recipes from Giada weren't that good, but overall her recipes have served me best.

Woohoo, I think I am on the right track to losing weight! I cardio'd today and lost 600 calories in an hour. I'll be losing a pound in fat in a week if this keeps up daily!

Pictures are up of the swanky pad...
    http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/m...ssertnfailure/

Here's a few of my favorite shots:

10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Goddamn man, those look like shots out of a magazine called "You Wish".

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Well, I know how to cook a few good tasting meals. I know how to eat healthy, decent-tasting meals. This book gives you over 100 recipes designed by gourmet chefs and a professional nutritionist. It lists the nutritional value of every meal as well as categorizing them into when they should be eaten during the day. It's not really an ordinary cook book.

Hmm, looks interesting. Please use it a month and report back if it's worth the $40.
    Yeah, the price thing is what kept me from buying it sooner. Really, it could be sold for half if it wasn't printed in color and on such nice paper. Thankfully my birthday was recent, so I asked for it. I'll experiment with a few of the recipes and I might post some of them in the Health thread we got up in here.

If I had to sell you on it, Ani, I'd mention that it's got 5 different oatmeal recipes. IIRC, cooking your oatmeal was a point of concern a while ago. So instead of mixing just protein powder and dealing with that, you could have "Banana Cream Pie Oatmeal" or "Chai Blueberry Oatmeal".

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

I just came back home from week-long Lan-Party...I'm going to bed now.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    I just came back home from week-long Lan-Party...I'm going to bed now.
    Have you developed the habit of clicking at anything that moves yet?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

nah, when i hear clicking sound i'm like "O SHI..."(claymore)... too much CoD4 and UT3 mixed up with W3:TFT...and too much beer...

EDIT:
    after 16h of sleep i checked my mailbox - and my 3 CD's have arrived!
    Slayer - God Hate us All
    Slayer - Regin in Blood
    Iron Maiden - Powerslave
    Last edited by Xelbair; Sat, 07-11-2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

The old guy in the self check-in line in front of me just stole $800 worth of onions from the grocery store. I lol'ed.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    The old guy in the self check-in line in front of me just stole $800 worth of onions from the grocery store. I lol'ed.
    ....how did he manage that?

$2.50 AUD/KG x 0.7815 USD/AUD = $1.95 USD/KG

$800 USD of onions / $1.95 USD/KG = 409KG of onions

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was wondering whether US onions were really, really expensive.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Either you guys are completely unfamiliar with hyperbole or Onions in California really are that damn expensive.

I think the guy somehow tricked the machine into thinking he literally had 800 lbs of onions. He only had one bag when he walked out.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

There's a hole or gap somewhere in the window trim where wasps are squeezing their way into my room from outside. I'll look over at the window and see a great hairy wasp walking around and it freaks me out (childhood trauma concerning wasps that has be scared of them to this day).

It's very satisfying to kill them with a fly swatter as they ignorantly pace back and forth over the glass.