Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippuuden Episode 56

Naruto Shippuuden Episode 56

this is why Asuma is such a badass

Oooh, Asuma is all cool all of a sudden.

Is it me, or was that filler guy Zoro?

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Oh god, he comes a full five episodes of filler. I hope, really hard, that they make this entertaining.

It seems to me that the filler will involve subject matter that the manga briefly touched upon.

Asuma's past.

In the previews for the next special that's coming up, they showed the 12 Ninja Guardians and their "past sins". I have no idea what that is, but it looks like I might actually enjoy this filler arc.

Also just keep thinking of the alternative to fillers....ten minutes of staring per episode, or breaks that last a multiple number of months like what happens in the States.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    Oooh, Asuma is all cool all of a sudden.

Is it me, or was that filler guy Zoro?
    I thought the very same thing upon hearing that voice.

Nice episode overall. Nice information confirmed.

Oh and the end segment was very well done with only new animation.

As crazy as it might sound like, I'm actually hoping this filler arc will be a decent. I should know better, after having watched all the pre-Shippuuden fillers, but some hopefulness lives in me. And not only because Asuma is a pretty cool guy who hasn't really had that much screen time, in the end.

But he really should get a grip on himself and get steady with Kurenai...

Blog Entries
    Is it just me or was the filler guy zoro's voice actor?

Well this arc doesn't seem that bad, i'm just getting sick of having to wait an extra week for both bleach and naruto for fillers...

It's weird how these two little episodes suddenly have me excited about Shadow Clones again, after coming to the conclusion that they were fucking useless now. Especially since the new usage isn't even combat oriented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    As crazy as it might sound like, I'm actually hoping this filler arc will be a decent. I should know better, after having watched all the pre-Shippuuden fillers, but some hopefulness lives in me.
    It's the same studio that does Bleach, so we know they're at least CAPABLE of doing non-awful fillers.

Although, if this arc is really only 5 episodes, I'm not gonna hold my breath.

No anime story you can tell in 5 episodes is ever worth telling in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Is it just me or was the filler guy zoro's voice actor?
    Since two of us already mentioned it, I'd say its not just you.

According to the anime-roles of Kazuya Nakai (Zoro's Voice Actor) he does have a role on Naruto Shippuuden, although I'll omit the name since it will be a spoiler. (Source: ANN)

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder
    No anime story you can tell in 5 episodes is ever worth telling in the first place.
    Macross Zero was worth being told, if only for the mecha action. Afro Samurai was worth being told, if only for the massive amounts of blood and death. FLCL was worth being told b/c it destroyed my brain with win.

Anyway, if the arc focuses on the Fire Country's history then it I think it's got some potential. One of the biggest gripes I had with the first fillers is they always involved people we had no reason to care about. At least with a focus on the Fire country they'll have to address Konoha somehow as well as stuff that actually pertains to the characters we already know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukimura
    Macross Zero was worth being told, if only for the mecha action. Afro Samurai was worth being told, if only for the massive amounts of blood and death. FLCL was worth being told b/c it destroyed my brain with win.
    lol yeah FLCL is one of my favorite anime

Only 5 episodes??! Thank God! So since the next one is a special does it mean there's only 3 episodes after that one?

Well as long as i get to see some wind chakra in action this arc won't be a total waste

since the 'new' characters are in the intro do not expect just 5 episodes

they can make new intro's

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi
    they can make new intro's
    Unless they took the scenes we see them in directly from something we will see then it is a lot of effort to put in for 5 episodes. Also you can look at the trends filler characters in the intro is a good indication they will stick around for a while.

If they can just do this, as in stick in a couple filler episodes every now and then to add more depth into what the manga couldn't cover, it would be a lot better.

Off topic but may I ask what FLCL is?

Hehe another of those...
    WTF all this time and you never knew such and such? moments...
    I wonder why they waited so long to talk about Asuma's connections to Konohomaru and Sarutobi.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Ya, I don't understand how these people wouldn't know Asuma is Sarutobi's son. Naruto is an idiot and used to make connections for us who wouldn't have this basic knowledge, but the people that were in his team? c'mon now.

Yeah. Normally such a thing would indicate there was something seriously wrong in the relationship between the father and the son, like they haven't spoken for ten years or something. Otherwise Asuma should have certainly had a special role in the Third's burial / memorial ceremory, not to mention it's plainly strange the team members never saw those two together doing whatever, like parents and offspring can do.

Naruto is only a tool to answer questions viewers might have asked.

Yet another way of dumbing him down but oh well

Special on filler eps, I wonder what will be the cool content... but I gotta agree that it's a pretty nice opportunity for characters to show off their shippuden skills