Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 168

Bleach 168

DB sub of the new Bleach is released! Waiting on bittorrent to deliver the goods...

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b168.torrent

edit:

And so the fillers begin...

[slight spoiler]

Man, one of the things hate about fillers is they try to fit too much story into a single episode, and then drag out boring crap later because they're out of material.

I think the story would have been better had they stayed with the 3rd Squad versus new captain drama. Maybe had Kifune actually fight for the third seat, and make everyone think the captain was a douche for a while.

We'll see where they go with it, though. I actually thought the Bounto arc was watchable (better than Naruto's recent non-filler episodes by FAR), so maybe this one will rate similarly.

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by immortal squish; Thu, 04-24-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Just finished watching it. Man, this filler arc is gonna be rough.

*shudders*

Pretty good first episode of the filler arcs. I like the new captain. I also like the opening. Who sings it?

Is it me or have menos just have been completely wussified in Bleach? Before it seemed like they were really really strong. Now that we know there are two classes above them, suddenly they are easy one-hitters. It really downplays when Ichigo managed to scare one off in the real world when he was first starting out. It kind of ruins the show a little.

Damn, they used the second movie's soundtrack like a hoe.

what the hell just happened?!

One minute, Ichigo is fighting Grimmjow and the next....fillers?!

I've heard of awkward filler placement before but jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder

what the hell just happened?!

One minute, Ichigo is fighting Grimmjow and the next....fillers?!

I've heard of awkward filler placement before but jesus!
    Exactly...
    How will they connect the fillers and the story later ...right after Ichigo finished fighting Grimjow.

There's only one reaction that could fit 168 ...

" Wait, wat ? "

There is also the fact that they freaking threw this filler in right in the MIDDLE of renji / ishida vs no 8 fight. I have no idea how this is going to fit in and somehow teleport us back right into hueco mundo without looking extremely forced.

nice begining for a filler arc but i realy don't know where this arc fits in time does it happen between huco mondo arc and bounto arc or during huco mondo arc OR may be it's an arc which is like a long OVA (i'm with this more).
    but it was nice to see more of the 13 squad captains coz we want to know more about them and their vice-captains

Blog Entries
    Well i enjoyed this first episode but i'm confused about a couple of things:

- Just when does this happen? I originally thought it took place in soul society while the main cast fought in las nueches but it looks like it takes place somewhere between the bount arc and the arrancar arc since chad's arm is still in its second stage and ichigo doesn't seem to be able to use his mask just yet

- Does the captian have 2 zampaktous? Is that thing he used even a zampaktou? It looks weird and i didn't really get why he cleaned it with the napkins after using it...

- Is it me or does the third seat guy look like Szayel Apollo?

- If they could send the train looking thing to kill the menos why did they send the third squad instead? Or does that thing pop out randomly?

Well, if my time frame assumption is correct i hope we can see more of Hichigo and some inner fights to see who takes over ichigo's body.

Overall, i think i'm gonna enjoy this arc very much
    Last edited by Archangel; Thu, 04-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.

This filler arc doesn't seem so bad at first glance.
    Also... see it as an 'alternate story' that will never fit on the main story. The new captain will probably die or quit at the end.
    They themselves said it 2 times already... they are taking a PAUSE between the hueco mundo arc.

See the bright side. You won't see the filler characters again after the arc ends (contrary to the Soul Mods of the Bounto Arc)

Did you guys not see the golden cup or whatever it's called at the end of the last episode?

They were pretty much admitting they were just sticking filler in the middle of the plot without any shame or implication on the story. They're blatantly just going to go right back as if this never happened.

And at this point it really is a matter of A) Screwing up the main storyline B) Putting the anime on hold for a year or C) Fillers.

Seeing as they can't put it on hold since it'll just get forgotten and replaced by the next (shonen is it?) anime, the fillers that don't screw up the story doesn't seem too bad. Although I'm not sure if I can be bothered watching it, I hate the filler characters that remained and I felt the bounto arc is a letdown compared to SS and HM ones.
    Respect the joindate, not the postcount ;P

The people complaining make it seem as if it would be more reasonable to have them all suddenly escape Hueco Mundo and do the arc then come back, what a joke. This was the best way to go into fillers given their position.

Is it me or have menos just have been completely wussified in Bleach?
    Ya, I agree with this. It was pretty silly how easily they went down. Such is fillers I suppose.

With an opening just for this arc we can be sure that we will be here for some time. I just hope it isn't like Naruto's filler break.

Not just fillers. The Menos have recently become dry cannon fodder in lack for other "strong" oppontents.
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Blog Entries
    Well duh? If you recall just regular hollows were badass in the first episodes but they don't look very tough now do they? Menos were great to show ichigo's power when he still had his sword released but they're pretty useless now

I do get it if it is quite hard to acutally come up with a sub type of Hollow wich has to be less in strength than a Arrancar or some sort.
    Wich makes me ask! This new filler villian, the...uuh..ninja. I guess that theres someone above him but we all know that ninjas are all cannnon fodder ^^!
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

We've all heard of atomic episodes before, this is looking to be an atomic arc.

Oh, let's see, if they can shut down the Cleaners... then they should be able to TURN IT ON and let it sweep up the menos like it was during the episode. But nah, let's risk getting a whole bunch of shimi's killed for nothing.

I swear this filler material is like street sharks shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034
    Is it me or have menos just have been completely wussified in Bleach? Before it seemed like they were really really strong. Now that we know there are two classes above them, suddenly they are easy one-hitters. It really downplays when Ichigo managed to scare one off in the real world when he was first starting out. It kind of ruins the show a little.
    They're forgotten a lot of stuff from the beginning.

First, as you mentioned, Menos were totally badass at the beginning. Now we've got 30 of them that are getting killed by a bunch of no-names? What the hell?

Second, it seems like everybody can fly now (at the beginning, they were just taking big jumps, weren't they?).

Third, at the beginning, didn't they have to cut a hollow's mask in half to destroy it? They certainly don't bother with that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by obake
    They're forgotten a lot of stuff from the beginning.

First, as you mentioned, Menos were totally badass at the beginning. Now we've got 30 of them that are getting killed by a bunch of no-names? What the hell?

Second, it seems like everybody can fly now (at the beginning, they were just taking big jumps, weren't they?).

Third, at the beginning, didn't they have to cut a hollow's mask in half to destroy it? They certainly don't bother with that anymore.
    The entire idea of what a hollow is changed drastically from the beginning of the series to when we first meet Hollow Ichigo - namely the Hollowfication process switched from changing you into a hollow to you basically being possessed by one and taken over. The former would be way more interesting.