Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 168

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bleach 168

DB sub of the new Bleach is released! Waiting on bittorrent to deliver the goods...

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/b168.torrent

edit:

And so the fillers begin...

[slight spoiler]

Man, one of the things hate about fillers is they try to fit too much story into a single episode, and then drag out boring crap later because they're out of material.

I think the story would have been better had they stayed with the 3rd Squad versus new captain drama. Maybe had Kifune actually fight for the third seat, and make everyone think the captain was a douche for a while.

We'll see where they go with it, though. I actually thought the Bounto arc was watchable (better than Naruto's recent non-filler episodes by FAR), so maybe this one will rate similarly.

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by immortal squish; Thu, 04-24-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Just finished watching it. Man, this filler arc is gonna be rough.

*shudders*

Pretty good first episode of the filler arcs. I like the new captain. I also like the opening. Who sings it?

Is it me or have menos just have been completely wussified in Bleach? Before it seemed like they were really really strong. Now that we know there are two classes above them, suddenly they are easy one-hitters. It really downplays when Ichigo managed to scare one off in the real world when he was first starting out. It kind of ruins the show a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034
    Is it me or have menos just have been completely wussified in Bleach? Before it seemed like they were really really strong. Now that we know there are two classes above them, suddenly they are easy one-hitters. It really downplays when Ichigo managed to scare one off in the real world when he was first starting out. It kind of ruins the show a little.
    They're forgotten a lot of stuff from the beginning.

First, as you mentioned, Menos were totally badass at the beginning. Now we've got 30 of them that are getting killed by a bunch of no-names? What the hell?

Second, it seems like everybody can fly now (at the beginning, they were just taking big jumps, weren't they?).

Third, at the beginning, didn't they have to cut a hollow's mask in half to destroy it? They certainly don't bother with that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by obake
    They're forgotten a lot of stuff from the beginning.

First, as you mentioned, Menos were totally badass at the beginning. Now we've got 30 of them that are getting killed by a bunch of no-names? What the hell?

Second, it seems like everybody can fly now (at the beginning, they were just taking big jumps, weren't they?).

Third, at the beginning, didn't they have to cut a hollow's mask in half to destroy it? They certainly don't bother with that anymore.
    The entire idea of what a hollow is changed drastically from the beginning of the series to when we first meet Hollow Ichigo - namely the Hollowfication process switched from changing you into a hollow to you basically being possessed by one and taken over. The former would be way more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    The entire idea of what a hollow is changed drastically from the beginning of the series to when we first meet Hollow Ichigo - namely the Hollowfication process switched from changing you into a hollow to you basically being possessed by one and taken over. The former would be way more interesting.
    Ichigo is a special case, though. He basically became a Hollow (IIRC, the chain dissolved completely), but forcibly interrupted the process due to his extreme will, becoming a shinigami. He's almost more of an arrancar than a vizard, at that: having lost his shinigami powers, he became a Hollow first, then became a shinigami, same as an arrancar, whereas a vizard is someone who already has shinigami powers and obtains Hollow powers.

Meanwhile, normal Hollows, as I gather, are still formed the same way in that they've always been: a soul gets too attached to the earth, its chain gets eaten and it becomes a Hollow. After that, they can freely travel between Earth and Hueco Mundo (as I gather), but the weaker ones can choose to just stay in Hueco Mundo as the ambient soul energy there is enough to sustain them.

I don't see any possession going around (again, Ichigo is a special case), but maybe I'm just missing something.

Damn, they used the second movie's soundtrack like a hoe.

what the hell just happened?!

One minute, Ichigo is fighting Grimmjow and the next....fillers?!

I've heard of awkward filler placement before but jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnder

what the hell just happened?!

One minute, Ichigo is fighting Grimmjow and the next....fillers?!

I've heard of awkward filler placement before but jesus!
    Exactly...
    How will they connect the fillers and the story later ...right after Ichigo finished fighting Grimjow.

There's only one reaction that could fit 168 ...

" Wait, wat ? "

There is also the fact that they freaking threw this filler in right in the MIDDLE of renji / ishida vs no 8 fight. I have no idea how this is going to fit in and somehow teleport us back right into hueco mundo without looking extremely forced.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma
    There's only one reaction that could fit 168 ...

" Wait, wat ? "
    exactly...

This is where its hard to not give out any spoilers.... are they completely breaking from the manga here? because i really don't see how they can redeem the story line now... wtf.

ok, enough bitching. I'm going to watch the ep now...

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    exactly...

This is where its hard to not give out any spoilers.... are they completely breaking from the manga here? because i really don't see how they can redeem the story line now... wtf.

It will take you all of 5 minutes to see that they took care of that. The episode isn't great but they are keeping the manga story line in a spot that they can return to it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    exactly...

They could actually just pop in the manga storyline as they pop out of it.
    No wait.. wtf? Exaclty how are they going to pop in?
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Basically it seems like they're going "We're gonna stop telling you this story, and start telling you a story that happened some other time, then we'll come right back to this point."

It's be like if the Run, Idate arc aired right after Kimimaru died in Naruto.

itadakimasu - Thank you kind sir.

Lately, Bleach has been easy on the eye, with some badass fights and was moving forward with plot dev and all ...

But ... 168 ... is just ...

Let's say you go to a fine restaurant ;
    - You come in, it smells nice, everything looks good (Agent of the Shinigami arc)
    - You get yourself a tasty entrée(Soul Society)
    - Next the main course, but you gotta wait and because there's too many orders you get yourself bread that tastes like paper with salt for your wait( Bount Arc )
    - Heres comes the great main course (Arrancar & HM Arc)

What you would expect next, is the desert, or some more tasty food ...

- The chef comes and farts in your face ( The New Captain Shuusuke Amagai arc )

According to Wikipedia it will last for 5 Eps.

Blog Entries
    They said the exact same thing about naruto but isn't 5 episodes too short for a new opening and ending?

What did wikipedia mention as the source of that information?

I'd check myself but I'll stay far away from those pages, because I'm not reading the manga. Who knows what kind of spoilers lurk there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I'd check myself but I'll stay far away from those pages, because I'm not reading the manga. Who knows what kind of spoilers lurk there.
    U have no idea... Spoilers'r'us

Well if i'm not mistaken they believe it will be 5 eps long because that's the number of episodes that have been given a title in wikipedia

You can check here, don't worry it's spoiler free.