Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 168

Blog Entries
    First, there were like 50 shinigami and the menos were coming in separate groups so it was basically about 10 shinigami versus 1 menos, i'd say that still makes them pretty badass

Second, your guess is as good as mine i don't even remember when they started flying i guess it was just something they added for practical reasons

Third, the only reason they attacked the mask was because it was a clean and easy way to finish a hollow, yet going for a cero spitting head when your such a low level shinigami may prove to be a bad idea. However you may notice that the lieutenant does go for the mask since he has enough skill.

I hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    First, there were like 50 shinigami and the menos were coming in separate groups so it was basically about 10 shinigami versus 1 menos, i'd say that still makes them pretty badass
    Erm.. wow

There were 30 Menos, that is a little over one and a half shinigami to a menos if your claim of 50 is right (it makes more sense really to have much less than 50 in a squad) but they also said to split into groups of 4 so they would have 4 to each Menos (putting us at 120 shinigami) unless they were meaning like 4 menos would be attacked at a time.

The whole numbers game in this episode was off.

When they talked about Menos in the first bunch of episodes they said that a having a captain there to fight them was a good idea, now groups of 4 (some with all no-names) take them out almost with out a thought.

Blog Entries
    Actually when it comes to menos it's been said that they pose no problem to a lieutenant level shinigami so it's not so far fetched that 5 regular shinigami could take one of them out specially if those had ranked seats. And although there were 30 menos they came separately what gave the shinigami a good chance to take them out fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    The entire idea of what a hollow is changed drastically from the beginning of the series to when we first meet Hollow Ichigo - namely the Hollowfication process switched from changing you into a hollow to you basically being possessed by one and taken over. The former would be way more interesting.
    Ichigo is a special case, though. He basically became a Hollow (IIRC, the chain dissolved completely), but forcibly interrupted the process due to his extreme will, becoming a shinigami. He's almost more of an arrancar than a vizard, at that: having lost his shinigami powers, he became a Hollow first, then became a shinigami, same as an arrancar, whereas a vizard is someone who already has shinigami powers and obtains Hollow powers.

Meanwhile, normal Hollows, as I gather, are still formed the same way in that they've always been: a soul gets too attached to the earth, its chain gets eaten and it becomes a Hollow. After that, they can freely travel between Earth and Hueco Mundo (as I gather), but the weaker ones can choose to just stay in Hueco Mundo as the ambient soul energy there is enough to sustain them.

I don't see any possession going around (again, Ichigo is a special case), but maybe I'm just missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Third, the only reason they attacked the mask was because it was a clean and easy way to finish a hollow, yet going for a cero spitting head when your such a low level shinigami may prove to be a bad idea. However you may notice that the lieutenant does go for the mask since he has enough skill.

I hope this helped.
    Right, but I always thought that the only way to kill a Hollow, period, was to split its mask. I always thought attacks to other parts of the body would weaken a Hollow, but only splitting the mask would kill it. *shrugs*

I do agree, though: a low-level shinigami going straight into a Cero would be a decidedly bad idea!

Blog Entries
    U must be confusing it with what rukia said on a earlier episode, that when killing a hollow you should go for the mask since its an instant death if you cut through it .

Quote Originally Posted by obake
    He's almost more of an arrancar than a vizard, at that: having lost his shinigami powers, he became a Hollow first, then became a shinigami, same as an arrancar, whereas a vizard is someone who already has shinigami powers and obtains Hollow powers.

Well according to the vaizards if it's not exact the process in which ichigo got his hollow powers is very similar to the one the rest of them went through to get theirs.

Ichigo and Ishida could not even damage the menos at all in the begining. Arrows and sword hits just kind of bounced off. When Ichigo finally unleashed that sword technique it finally backed off because it was slightly injured. Now these no names can apparently do more damage with one normal slash than Ichigo did when unleashing his sword. And btw, wasn't that first one a lot bigger too? Maybe it's just me, but have menos become smaller?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma
    There's only one reaction that could fit 168 ...

" Wait, wat ? "
    exactly...

This is where its hard to not give out any spoilers.... are they completely breaking from the manga here? because i really don't see how they can redeem the story line now... wtf.

ok, enough bitching. I'm going to watch the ep now...

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    exactly...

This is where its hard to not give out any spoilers.... are they completely breaking from the manga here? because i really don't see how they can redeem the story line now... wtf.

It will take you all of 5 minutes to see that they took care of that. The episode isn't great but they are keeping the manga story line in a spot that they can return to it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    exactly...

They could actually just pop in the manga storyline as they pop out of it.
    No wait.. wtf? Exaclty how are they going to pop in?
    little soul your dreams are waitin'
    crapping up...
    hold them closely
    never let go, never let go... <3

Basically it seems like they're going "We're gonna stop telling you this story, and start telling you a story that happened some other time, then we'll come right back to this point."

It's be like if the Run, Idate arc aired right after Kimimaru died in Naruto.

Wich basicly is quite fine. An enourmus plus is that, if I did get it right, they left out all the extremly annoying comic relief characters. And not just the current ones.

To keep this filler arc interesting they could add some minor, minor spoilers to the upcomming future, like cock teasers, just to keep this in line.

OR do some badass, nonses battles but that seems to be to far fetched..

Edit
    Last edited by Chiodos; Sat, 04-26-2008 at 08:04 AM.
    crapping up...
    hold them closely

ever think this filler stuff could be going on while ichigo is in HM?

Not really. The OP is proof enough.
    crapping up...
    hold them closely

itadakimasu - Thank you kind sir.

Lately, Bleach has been easy on the eye, with some badass fights and was moving forward with plot dev and all ...

But ... 168 ... is just ...

Let's say you go to a fine restaurant ;
    - You come in, it smells nice, everything looks good (Agent of the Shinigami arc)
    - You get yourself a tasty entrée(Soul Society)
    - Next the main course, but you gotta wait and because there's too many orders you get yourself bread that tastes like paper with salt for your wait( Bount Arc )
    - Heres comes the great main course (Arrancar & HM Arc)

What you would expect next, is the desert, or some more tasty food ...

- The chef comes and farts in your face ( The New Captain Shuusuke Amagai arc )

According to Wikipedia it will last for 5 Eps.

Blog Entries
    They said the exact same thing about naruto but isn't 5 episodes too short for a new opening and ending?

Student
    the soundtrack for this reminds me of melrose place.......
    Douchebox

Maybe they meant the filler will remain for 5 years....
    crapping up...
    hold them closely

What did wikipedia mention as the source of that information?

I'd check myself but I'll stay far away from those pages, because I'm not reading the manga. Who knows what kind of spoilers lurk there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    I'd check myself but I'll stay far away from those pages, because I'm not reading the manga. Who knows what kind of spoilers lurk there.
    U have no idea... Spoilers'r'us

Well if i'm not mistaken they believe it will be 5 eps long because that's the number of episodes that have been given a title in wikipedia

You can check here, don't worry it's spoiler free.