Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Eater

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    Still, 350 is unnecessarily big. If they were using xvid it would be justified but not with h264. It tells the encoder doesn't trust the numbers (regardless of whether he knows what he's doing) but only wants to play it safe by bloating the file size. Under 300 is usually enough for h264 HD encodes based on everything I've seen unless you are talking about some really graphically insane series, which this one isn't by far.

I'll have to see if I bother to download 350 MB eps. I did it with Gundam 00 and Ghost Hound but generally it's waste of bandwidth.
    As I stated in that earlier post, that was the only standout issue I had with Lone Wolf.

I'm still waiting to see A-E's version before I decide on which to settle with. They did a promo and claimed to be doing the series, but we'll have to wait and see.

A-E and Saizen are supposed to do it, and surely the version I would want to keep and watch. I watched the Rumble version myself, and of the ones that are out at the moment, I would think they're the best version at the moment.

Also, there seems to be a cut and uncut version... their's is uncut:
    http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5695

Anyways, really liked the first episode... will surely continue watching.
    Last edited by Munsu; Sat, 04-12-2008 at 11:24 PM.

This is a really wacked out series and I like it! It resembles Gurren Lagann in a sense.

Holy crap scythe fight! The first half of this ep reduced me to raving scythe fanboyism pretty quickly and it took the span of the soul eating explanation to calm me down. The animation style is indeed strange but i was used to it about the same time I woke up for my scythe fight daze. The main chars seem standard, but they have enough newness to be interesting. Soul is clearly the shounen punk archetyoe, but he doesn't seem as rude and cold as many of his compatriots so I think the relationship dynamic between him and Maka has some good potential.

Shinigami-kun and the dad are surprisingly funny given how absurd they are. Oh, have I mentioned that there was an awesome Scyte fight in this episode yet? Even if they don't plan to make all the action in the series as flashy and entertaining as that first fight (as evidenced by the less flashy second fight) this still has great potential to sate my shounen needs. Here's to hoping for 52 eps!
    Last edited by Yukimura; Sun, 04-13-2008 at 03:52 AM.

I'm actually more looking forward to Black Star and Tsubaki's fights. Especially now that I know I don't like Maka's voice actor's performance at all. And besides, Tsubaki is so hot...

Well, I remember reading only a bit of the manga.. probably the first chapter only, and from what I saw the series so far has been loyal to the manga. Am I right on that assumption? I know it's early in the series to tell what path this will take, but it would be nice to know how it is being handled so far. Regardless, the first episode was great in my opinion.

From what I can remember, it was pretty much dead on. I get the feeling that maybe the order of things might have changed (I read the first chapter over a year ago). I don't remember the stuff with Blair the cat-girl being that early, but I could be wrong.

I do remember Black Star (insert pentagram) getting his own separate introduction chapter(s), which they hinted at right at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Munsu
    A-E and Saizen are supposed to do it, and surely the version I would want to keep and watch. I watched the Rumble version myself, and of the ones that are out at the moment, I would think they're the best version at the moment.

Also, there seems to be a cut and uncut version... their's is uncut:
    http://tracker.anirena.com/download.php?id=5695

Anyways, really liked the first episode... will surely continue watching.
    Rumble has an avi and a mkv version....is there a real big difference between the two? I ask this because the avi version is half the size of the mkv, and I'm not sure if it's worth the difference.

Especially if A-E/Saizen are subbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu
    From what I can remember, it was pretty much dead on. I get the feeling that maybe the order of things might have changed (I read the first chapter over a year ago). I don't remember the stuff with Blair the cat-girl being that early, but I could be wrong.
    It's indeed dead on. The stuff in this ep was mostly from the first intro chapter (or whatever it was called), and it looks like the next ep will be based on the second intro chapter. And call me a seer but I predict either the end of the second ep or the third ep will feature the third intro chapter!

I thought the other character introductions were done early. Guess having read them over a year ago doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu

I do remember Black Star (insert pentagram) getting his own separate introduction chapter(s), which they hinted at right at the end.
    Well, seeing as I only read one or two chapters and remember the introduction of the witch, then she was indeed introduced this early.

Quote Originally Posted by narutosharingan
    Rumble has an avi and a mkv version....is there a real big difference between the two? I ask this because the avi version is half the size of the mkv, and I'm not sure if it's worth the difference.

Especially if A-E/Saizen are subbing.
    Different codecs used, I haven't seen the avi version myself (xvid) by the mkv one should be much better (h264). At the least, just make sure you download the uncut version.

But surely, if it's for a quick watch right now, just go with the one you feel more comfortable downloading... filesizes never bother me. I will probably be keeping the Saizen-AE version myself.

So... does anyone know the suppossed difference between uncut and uncensored? I mean... I downloaded the uncensored one, and I do not see anything that could have been cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    So... does anyone know the suppossed difference between uncut and uncensored? I mean... I downloaded the uncensored one, and I do not see anything that could have been cut out.
    I think this should help you understand quite a bit:
    http://kirayamato04.wordpress.com/20...nime-versions/

But, even if there haven't been enough differences yet, I would think that as the series progresses this might change. Still, I wouldn't be expecting some nipple and pussy shot galore if that's what you're wondering.

Nah... I was just wondering, because the series felt light to me.Maybe future episodes will get different.
    Although I'll probably won't be following this series anyway.

Thanks for the link Munsu. It helped.

Just as it was light hearted in some instances, I wouldn't say the series was that light... there were a couple of violent scenes...

Like when Jack the Ripper is killing off the women in the street.

Just finished watching the episode and I really like it. The animation is awesome, it's one of my favourite points about this series, it's different yes but looks good and makes it more fun.

The father and Shinigami are excellent, they really set the pace with the idiocy and comedy, and I look forward to more of them and the interactions they have, especially with Soul and Maka.

I look forward to more Scythe action because they are cool weapons.

I don't know how this series warrants an uncut and cut version, well at this point in time anyway, seems more lighthearted that has some violent and ecchi scenes.

Look forward to seeing more of this show, and next episode from the footage looks like it wont disappoint.

Soul Eater: Episode 02

AEN, cut version since the uncut airs tomorrow:
    http://www.animeen.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=678

Black Star certainly was goofy, just like he's supposed to be. First repeating the assassin's doctrines of stealth and surprise, and then proceeding to jump forth in as grand a manner as possible, with a few selected, and most definitely unnecessary, theatrics to boot. Tsubaki truly is a saint to so merrily go along with him.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I liked this episode, mainly because of Tsubaki. I think she'll be my favourite this series. It really is versatile for her to transform into all sorts of stuff. I wonder if only she can do it, or whether the other weapons just feel comfortable in one form. I thought Death the Kid would have been pretty cool from the OP, but now that I learn he's got a perfectionist mentality, I don't know how annoying that'll be. Dual pistol > Chain Scythe, but Tsubaki > all.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Too bad I hate the way he shoots with his pinkies. If he wanted to be a perfectionist, he should be using his index fingers.