Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bleach 166

Quote Originally Posted by Y
    Ichigo was obviously more powerful and Byakuya was obviously more skilled (and had more stamina due to Ichigo struggling to suppress his Hollow). Before the fight even starts Ichigo blocks and destroys the giant million-strong phoenix zanpakutou. Then he stupidly fights Byakuya's Bankai with his Shikai and gets completely fucked up, bleeding out everywhere, etc. Even after that, he goes into Bankai and easily defeats Byakuya's Bankai. It's only after he refuses to kill him in one strike and lets himself get worn down by Byakuya's superior stamina and skill that he gets into a losing position.
    Agreed, I was simply commenting on the idea of Ichigo barely wining after the final clash when he didn't. Ichigo is stronger than Byakuya for sure.

Especially now.

Vizored power 4tw!

Did anyone notice Halibel's sword strapped to her back? Probably the wrost comparison, but if you have seen Sonny Chiba's Street Fighter, the assassin has a sword that looked very similar.

All in all, awesome episode. It's been great for the past 6 months or so for me, so this one was no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessper
    Agreed, I was simply commenting on the idea of Ichigo barely wining after the final clash when he didn't. Ichigo is stronger than Byakuya for sure.
    By any logic Ichigo is 100x stronger than any other shinigami. But dont worry this is drag... no wait this is bleach... Well you can bet every captain has had a power jump by the next time they actually fight.

Thats kinda silly since even if you guys think Ichigo was stronger than Byakuya, which I don't, its not as if Byakuya was anywhere near to being the most powerful captain and there is the fact that all the other shinigami are supposed to be preparing to battle Aizen and his arrancar so they most certainly would have gotten much stronger as well. Thinking that Ichigo is much stronger than any of the others is just ridiculous since SS is supposed to be preparing to battle Aizen and the arrancars as well and if the best Ichigo can do is #6 then there isn't much hope now is there. Sure Ichigo has gotten stronger but he is in no way the strongest.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    But needless to say, now Ichigo is for sure a lot more powerful.
    Hmm i'm not so sure about that. Since tousen took off grims arm with only his shikai I've been wondering if the captains have been training to become more powerful as well. It would make sense since both sides know that there's gonna be a great war soon.

And in my opinion the fight between ichigo and Byakuya was extremely even. You may say that ichigo seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight but i'd have to say that it was only because Byakuya had no idea he had gotten so strong in such a short while. How the hell would u feel if the guy u basically raped in the ass with just a flash step would come back a few days later with a freaking bankai??!

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar
    Is Ichigo able to keep is mask on longer because of his will or because he was resurrected by Orihime?

Blog Entries
    He has been healed by orichime a thousand times and he isn't a sayan so i wouldn't really think that was the reason.

Btw, we have no proof that ichigo was dead, we've seen him get out of some massive injuries before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    And in my opinion the fight between ichigo and Byakuya was extremely even. You may say that ichigo seemed to have the upper hand for most of the fight but i'd have to say that it was only because Byakuya had no idea he had gotten so strong in such a short while. How the hell would u feel if the guy u basically raped in the ass with just a flash step would come back a few days later with a freaking bankai??!
    Well, I'm not saying Byakuya would be weak and even in my opinion their first fight was extremely even, although it was also the worst possible fight to judge their levels of power because both seriously lacked killing intent. However, Ichigo wasn't a vaizard back then. His power level probably multiplied with that transformation. It's kind of hard to imagine Byakuya to suddenly come up with a similar new power boost. Yet it's conceivable Byakuya might fight differently if they faced again. He has hundreds of years of combat experience, whereas Ichigo has... A year? Or however long has he been a shinigami so far.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but there has ever been a time for Byakuya to get more powerful this would be it wouldn't it? I would still like to assume that he has a couple of aces up his sleeve anyway.

If Grim's 5 bombs didn't do much to Ichigo, I can't see how Byakuya's sword would do much damage now. This doen't necessarily have to be logical though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam98034
    If Grim's 5 bombs didn't do much to Ichigo, I can't see how Byakuya's sword would do much damage now. This doen't necessarily have to be logical though.
    Dude that comparison is beyond retarded. You don't know Byakuya's current power level and comparing him back then to grim right now is just stupid, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    its not as if Byakuya was anywhere near to being the most powerful captain
    You don't think so?

I think the only Captains stronger than Byakuya were Aizen and Yamamoto.

You just get that impression for the way other people react to him.

I feel dirty for even semi-agreeing with The Archangel but that's a reasonable point. It's been about over a month since the SS Arc. The Shounen Series Power Curve Theory predicts it wouldn't be a stretch for Byakuya to now be more powerful than Jesus, Vishnu, Bhudda, and all the Power Rangers combined.

Anyway, I would have definitely put Aizen, Kyoraku, Ukitake, and of course Yamammoto above Byakuya. We know that he's only been a captain for about as long as Gin (~50 years), and it was implied that all of those captains have been captains for longer than that.
    Last edited by Yukimura; Wed, 04-16-2008 at 02:44 PM.

spoolage
    Re-watch episode 164 @ 4:40 to 4:52 ---- I think this may be a clue as to why Ichigo's strength has increased tremendously OR why he is able to maintain a Hollow form longer.

#1 --- He was certainly dead before Inoue revived him -- when grimmjow kicks him over, he is limp as my dick when flaccid.

#2 --- There is certainly a hole in his chest left from his previous battle that Inoue clearly states she "cannot reject".

#3 --- Why they do not continue to show the hole in Ichigo's chest following his revival or explain the true significance of this --- I do not know.

People its simple... Ichigo had a big hole in his chest. People with big holes in their chest are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by spoolage

#2 --- There is certainly a hole in his chest left from his previous battle that Inoue clearly states she "cannot reject".

#3 --- Why they do not continue to show the hole in Ichigo's chest following his revival or explain the true significance of this --- I do not know.
    Inoue said she could not "reject" it because she didn't want to revive Ichigo. It was her attempt to convince Grim that she couldn't heal Ichigo, because as she stated later in the episode she didn't want to bring him back just so Grim could hurt him again. I don't believe there is any significance to it outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Dude that comparison is beyond retarded. You don't know Byakuya's current power level and comparing him back then to grim right now is just stupid, sorry.
    Wait...we're comparing Ichigo to the current Byakuya that we haven't seen or know anything about other than he has been training. How exactly do we go about making that comparison? All you can do is speculate and pretend you're smart if you happen to be right. Realistically he shouldn't be able to do much against Ichigo now, the cutting power of a tiny blade is much weaker than a big bomb blowing up in your body regardless. The only thing you can hope for is some crazy new technique I guess. But like I said, it doesn't have to be logical, maybe a little sword blade can do more damage than a bomb exploding in your body.

@Crash, original intent is easier if you look at the original source.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/11/ and http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/277/12/

Orihime describes the existence of the large spiritual pressure surrounding Ichigo's wound, then she is shown sweating and squinting her eyes, an indication of exerting more effort. Then she states that she can't reject it and asks Grimjoww about what happened to Ichigo.

From this it seems we're meant to believe that some force was interfering with Orihime's powers. Whether it was Ulqiorra's spiritual pressure or something else is not made clear, however we're defiantly meant to think she felt incapable of rejecting whatever this spiritual pressure was up to. Of course, a few pages later Ichigo recovered anyway so it seems she was more capable than she thought. Another theory is that it was Ichigo's own hollow power trying to heal his wound once Orihime had brought him back enough to be alive but there's no more evidence to support that than the Ulqiorra put some special energy into his attack to keep it from healing.

The other people have been powering up constantly so there's no reason to believe Orihime couldn't if she really needed to, like if Ichigo's life was on the line.