Thread: Changes to the General Manga section

Changes to the General Manga section

Well, I've been thinking of changing the General Manga section in order to get more activity in there. So, we're on the verge on changing it to "General Manga and Novels" section or "General Manga and Books" section. Then use the tag system we use in the "TV and Movies" section to differentiate between the threads.

Here you can discuss your favorite mangas, anime novels, your Harry Potter books, etc.

Post thoughts and suggestions on this matter.
    Last edited by Munsu; Thu, 03-27-2008 at 07:40 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    *thumbs up*

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Jounin
    Sounds great too me.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    ... any other reactions?

I don't want to bother if it's just going to be three people bouncing book reviews back and forth...

I kinda like the idea, but truthfully I haven't read anything since Deathly Hallows... so what I would talk about is no longer available for discussion (or rather... its old already)

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    ... any other reactions?

I don't want to bother if it's just going to be three people bouncing book reviews back and forth...
    I feel you... but that's almost just about the same amount there is for manga readers in there.

i really like this idea. you've just gotta make sure everyone keeps manga spoilers out of thread titles. i don't know if there's already a system in place for this, since i never come to the manga section. i'd definitely visit more often if it included books too.

There are never spoilers in the thread titles, the thread titles consist of just the name of the manga, and you will only get spoiled if you aren't up to the current chapter of that manga.

On the idea; sounds good.

i have no issues with it...theres only like 4 book related threads all together anyway.....essentially we're just moving them to general manga. No super big changes involved.

Really the only issue would be the people who actually participate in the book threads....just making sure they remember its in general manga, not GD.

The forum section name will change to reflect where novels and books will be located... so it won't no longer be "General Manga".

Quote Originally Posted by saman
    i really like this idea. you've just gotta make sure everyone keeps manga spoilers out of thread titles. i don't know if there's already a system in place for this, since i never come to the manga section. i'd definitely visit more often if it included books too.
    There should be no spoilers on thread titles anywhere on this site... not even in the Naruto Manga and Bleach Manga forums.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    *shrug*

Guess I'll go ahead and do it then.